Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Right now my 50 watt PV is set at 6.3 watts.:shock:

Watts DO NOT = flavor. Watts = quantity, not quality.

So you will be best served by first learning what flavor you want, what temperature you want, what throat hit you want, AND what quantity you want ........... and THEN find what devices will do what YOU want best.

What I want should have NO influence on what you want.

Last edited:

bluecat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2012
    Cincy
    Right now my 50 watt PV is set at 6.3 watts.:shock:

Watts DO NOT = flavor. Watts = quantity, not quality.

So you will be best served by first learning what flavor you want, what temperature you want, what throat hit you want, AND what quantity you want ........... and THEN find what devices will do what YOU want best.

What I want should have NO influence on what you want.

My 40 Watt is set at 9 watts. My dripper is at 2.2 ohms. I am a happy vaper.

3000mah battery lasts forever at that range.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    OK, honest opinions...

I am at work right now and sitting on my desk are two 30w iSticks with Subtank minis. One has a Kanger .5 ohm OCC, the othe the RBA with a .5 ohm coil. The one with the RBA is set to 9.5w, the one with the OCC is set to 10w. With my vaping habits, between two full subtanks, my 6mg juice lasts me all week (at work only mind you) and the batteries last over a week (a work week = 5 days).

My point: You can get a very satisfying vape using an iStick30 and Subtank Mini combination at low wattage using the OCCs or the RBA, and therefore there is no need for you to upgrade....all my honest opinion...which is what you asked for.

Having offered that, I'm not even sure by the original post what you are looking for - more flavor, more vapor, a setup that uses less juice, a set up that uses less power? It's not clear to me what the problem is, or why you are dissatisfied.

greenjas

Jun 26, 2015
    Thanks everyone for opinions. I woke up this morning having stayed up til 2am thinking about what I should do. My birthday is coming up and the itis was keeping me up. So, when I could not hold my eyes open any longer I went to bed and slept on the decision I should make. When I woke up, I said to myself, you live only once, why not try out both tanks and see which one you prefer? With the iStick 30w, I could not get past 17 watts without my juice tasting burnt. I knew that with the Crown, the tank is really designed for higher wattage mods. So, I made a purchase for a Sigelei 150w TC and went to my local B&M and purchased the Crown in preparation for my birthday gift to myself. I can say that with the Crown, I can now vape at 30 watts on my iStick and it's not boiling hot. I have the air set to it lowest because if I set it any higher, all I get is cold air. The taste is amazing. It does use a lot more juice. I can't wait until the Sig arrives to really see what this tank can do. I cannot try the Ni200 coils yet, but I will on the Sig. I'm still undecided on rather or not I want the Crown RBA deck. I do want to try the coils first before I buy the RBA deck. On the Sub mini, the RBA deck gave amazing flavor. But with the istick 30w, I couldn't take full advantage of the subtank mini. Now that I have both tanks, I can soon make my decision on which tank I prefer the most. I think what I'm going to do once my Sig arrives is to try the Ni200 on the Crown, buy some 26 gauge nickel wire (if I like the Ni200 better than the standard coils) and build it for the sub mini. I'll be able compare the taste between the two tanks and make a final decision if I should purchase the Crown RBA deck.

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
    I just brought a subtank mini which I really like. I don't think I'm able to use it to its fullest because I have an istick 30W. At the moment, I'm not interested in doing high watts because I'm more interested in flavor vs. clouds.

During my veiwing of Youtube video's, I came across the Uwell Crown which everyone seems to say offers way more flavor than the subtank mini. I use the RBA on my subtank mini and I getting way more flavor at the cost of using more juice than I did with my nautilus. My birthday is on Monday and I was thinking of buying the Crown since so many people swear by it.

However, I just read a review from someone that says it's his opinion is an honest opinion. He states that the Crown is for higher end mods and will not benefit anyone not using higher than 30 watts. Based upon the reviews on Youtube, it does appear that his opinion is correct since very one seems to be using higher than 30w mods.

Since I don't have much money, is spending $65 for this tank worth it or should I just invest in a better regulated mod while still using my subtank mini? My B&M is charging me $45 for the tank and I've found the RBA add on for $20 including shipping online. That brings the total up to $65. I don't have $100 to spend for a mod and looks is important to me when it comes to my mods. It also has to be regulated and VW/VV. $65 is the top of my budget right now.

if all you have is the subtank mini and istick30w, I'd say hold off on diversifying to other tanks which will need different coils

Reactions: tj99959
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread