Mod / RDA / coil problem?? (atomizer short.. or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderz

Apr 25, 2018
Okey, so i just recently bought a vape (from a friend) i know it works alright and all that but i've had a little problem lately. So i've used it and it works just fine and then suddenly when i leave it for a little while it cvould tell me "atomizer short" and i tried screwing it back and forth but it doesn't seem to work, then when i try it later it could work as nothing was ever wrong with it?? Other problems i've had is the ohm rating changing from .29 to .50 without me touching the coils and the battery hatch disconnecting from the batteries (don't know if any of this could be related so i figured i'd just say it anyways.

rda = Tsunami 24rad
Mod = Joytech Cuboid 150

Thankful for any answer :)

Anderz

Apr 25, 2018
Okey, so i just recently bought a vape (from a friend) i know it works alright and all that but i've had a little problem lately. So i've used it and it works just fine and then suddenly when i leave it for a little while it cvould tell me "atomizer short" and i tried screwing it back and forth but it doesn't seem to work, then when i try it later it could work as nothing was ever wrong with it?? Other problems i've had is the ohm rating changing from .29 to .50 without me touching the coils and the battery hatch disconnecting from the batteries (don't know if any of this could be related so i figured i'd just say it anyways.

RDA = Tsunami 24rad
Mod = Joytech Cuboid 150

Thankful for any answer :)

Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Make sure there is no wire touching the deck, posts or sides of the RDA.

Make sure the screws holding the coil legs are secure.

Try removing the RDA and pressing the fire button. If you get any message other than no/check atomizer, there is a problem with the 510 connection.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It could be your build, or your connection. Start with the build, it's easier, and if you have an ohms meter, test it. Otherwise, something may be going on with the tank (the pin) or the mod (the connection.) If you have anther tank or mod, try moving them around and see if the problem seems isolated to the mod or the tank (if your build is okay).

Best of luck,

Anna

zeng.jaihui

Unresolved Status
Apr 11, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
suddenly when i leave it for a little while it cvould tell me "atomizer short"
Welcome and glad you joined.
There are many connection, device and human error reasons why a short warning may appear. If all else fails, might want to take the unit to a B&M shop and see if they can replace the insulating washer under the positive atomizer 510 screw. Often times this washer gets crushed and this causes a short.
re: Troubleshooting Tips: When Your Atomizer Doesn’t Work With Your Mod/APV

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Sounds like you have your coil touching the bell somewhere or bad connection with your coil leads. The battery door is probably a design flaw. I’ve never used your particular mod but loose battery doors and batteries falling out is a common complaint with some mods. Best of luck and I hope you get her up and running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread