Mod recommendation for Ares

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Hey All,

Been rocking the Ares on my coolfire pebble and zelos mods with a slight overhang. It’s not bad, at all.

But, got a nice Christmas cash bonus, and I’m getting interested in getting a new mod that looks great with the Ares on top!

I prefer internal battery mods, and I do NOT like dealing with accessories, etc. with my job, I carry enough stuff as is, and the internal battery mods have been working awesome.

I’d also like something with more capacity. The pebble is only 1300 mAh, and the zelos 2500 mAh.

Colors and cool designs aren’t important, and i enjoy low wattage vaping, 10-17 max.

Thanks for any suggestions!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If you're looking for a dual battery mod that will still fit into a pants pocket, take a look at the Smok Alien 220W. Two Samsung 30Q's, Sony VTC6's, or Samsung 25R's will last you for most of two days vaping below 20W and with the latest 1.3.2 firmware TC mode works fine. It's priced from $37 to as high as $60 something.

US Store Blowout: Smok Alien 220W Box Mod Kit $44.07 - Cheap Vaping Deals

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
HCigar VT75D should fit just right.
Would the HCigar vt75 nano work for Ares or Siren2 nicely? Might there be less chip drain on the battery with the b/w display (& lighter wgt mod)? Found one for $63.60 and a Think Vape Finder 75C for $65.99... if I opted for dual battery heft... Thanks Scott. (The VT75D is $76.48 today...)

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
The Siren V2 is a 22mm tank and should fit on just about anything. The Ares is 24mm and will fit both of those Hcigar devices. I cannot see the color vs B&W being any real difference in power drain. I use a modified version of the UI so mine is mostly black anyway (I recolored the UI DJLsb uploaded, watch his review of the VT 75D for details). However, the VT 75D is dual battery where the 75 nano is single battery. So you are going to get longer life from the 75D no matter what.

One of the biggest differences between the B&W 75 and the 75 C isn't the color but the extra "Select" button added to the C version. This makes for the BEST menu system of any mod I have ever used. To change a setting you use the up down buttons to move a cursor, "Select" what you want to change, make the change, Select again, and that's it. There is no hold these 2 buttons for 3 seconds, or press this button 5 times nonsense going on with this menu system. Seriously I can't fathom why every device hasn't moved to this type of setup.

• Useful

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I will add that for a dual battery device the 75D is pretty small. It is a triangular shape with well rounded edges so holding it to me feel like a flight sim style joystick instead of an awkward square box. It is also quite short. It is shorter than the width of my hand and I don't have real big hands. My wife is only 5'3" and it fits her little hands.

The Siren V2 is a 22mm tank and should fit on just about anything. The Ares is 24mm and will fit both of those Hcigar devices. I cannot see the color vs B&W being any real difference in power drain. I use a modified version of the UI so mine is mostly black anyway (I recolored the UI DJLsb uploaded, watch his review of the VT 75D for details). However, the VT 75D is dual battery where the 75 nano is single battery. So you are going to get longer life from the 75D no matter what.

One of the biggest differences between the B&W 75 and the 75 C isn't the color but the extra "Select" button added to the C version. This makes for the BEST menu system of any mod I have ever used. To change a setting you use the up down buttons to move a cursor, "Select" what you want to change, make the change, Select again, and that's it. There is no hold these 2 buttons for 3 seconds, or press this button 5 times nonsense going on with this menu system. Seriously I can't fathom why every device hasn't moved to this type of setup.

Good Point Scott. That extra button is worth a lot, thank you. I'm choosing the mod for a friend (he tested 4 of mine so I could access his needs best. He is worth the extra few $ for a Select button. I ORDERED HIM THE SIREN 2- a 24mm is available. I WILL GET HIM A DNA-75C. SO GLAD THEY FINALLY HAVE THE MAC SOFTWARE ON ESCRIBE.. 75 IS HIS WATTAGE NEED & HE NOTICED THE DIFFERENCE A CHIP CAN MAKE WHEN YOU USE THE SAME TANK ON 3 MODS... I WANT HIM SATISFIED.

Pardon the digression here, but I agree about the unnecessary button combo's. Even the Aegis and Modefined's Prism 250W (Lost Vape's new sister company) have a menu button... & a better display, but not the DNA chip- and they still haven't released any information on who this mysterious new designer is that has managed to near perfectly match the DNA's efficiency (I think DJLsB knows, he's worked with the software for the Sirius which has such available... the Prism has yet to need any firmware changes, so no access to it for us yet. I would have gotten him a Prism but 3 batteries are not the weight he is looking for, and the Aegis- really like it, but not thrilled with the battery life of a 26650... they should make that a 166w dual battery for version 2.

IF YOU LIKE THE TRIADE, GRAB A PRISM BEFORE THEY ARE GONE. AT $50, IT'S THE IDEAL MOD FOR THE MORE CASUAL DAY WHERE YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO BRING A TRIADE OUT. I COULDN'T FIND MANY STORES THAT HAD MODEFINED's 1st VENTURE AVAILABLE YESTERDAY, WHILE THE SIRIUS IS WIDELY AVAILABLE. ELEMENT VAPE STILL HAS THEM I BELIEVE. WHAT WILL THEIR 3rd MOD BE...

[I have both a Triade & a Prism- bought the same month. The overall dimensions are actually identical, they just changed the format at the top some making the Prism seem taller. By losing the raised plate around the Triade's 510, they where able to use that space inside to get the Prism's 510 more centered (and on a flat plate). The only place you notice really notice a difference between the two is if you tried to swap battery doors- Prism's are 1-2 mm taller, but the elephant black leather feels like it's cut from the same cloth.]

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I would like to add one more thing. You say 75W is what he needs, if he is actually going to be vaping at the full 75 watts, I would strongly suggest a 2 battery mod and possibly not the 75C board at all, but maybe one of the higher watt, non-C DNA boards, like the 166 or 200 (both 2 button B&W). The reason is that in general running anything at it's max possible setting continuously can lead to premature problems and it may not perform as well as say a 200W device that you are running at less than 50% capacity. Is that the case with the DNA-C? I don't know for sure either way, but that could be a risk.

If you meant that 75 is MORE than what he needs (because he will be vaping 50w or less) then definitely go for the 75C.

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Iv'e been using my black one with the Alien 220 and my silver with the Istick 30, the over hang is so minimal that you can't really see it. Alien is a duel 18650 and Istick 30 is a 2200 internal battery.
    20171226_051955.jpg

sk25411

ECF Veteran
    Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    With internal battery:
    Sinuous FJ200 (4600mah)
    EKEE (2000mah)

This is the type I was looking for. The sinuous mod looks nice. In my googling and searching over the past few days I also came across a few more.

Anyone have experience with the eleaf ikuun 200? It looks like a nice fit, watched a few video reviews, and it seems ok.

Overall I don’t mind a big box, it’s mainly for work, where sometimes I will be in a car for 8 hours. I still use my little pebble for at home and out and about.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 23, 2017
    Hey All,

Been rocking the Ares on my coolfire pebble and zelos mods with a slight overhang. It’s not bad, at all.

But, got a nice Christmas cash bonus, and I’m getting interested in getting a new mod that looks great with the Ares on top!

I prefer internal battery mods, and I do NOT like dealing with accessories, etc. with my job, I carry enough stuff as is, and the internal battery mods have been working awesome.

I’d also like something with more capacity. The pebble is only 1300 mAh, and the zelos 2500 mAh.

Colors and cool designs aren’t important, and i enjoy low wattage vaping, 10-17 max.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    I'd check out the GTRS GT150. it's an internal battery 4000mah and has a nice chape and form factor and very comfortable. I did a full review of it here Anthony Vapes: GTRS GT150 Tech Review I would post a pic for you but i gave it away and my ares as well lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread