Mod Review Questions / Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuzo

Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Honolulu, HI
I've had multiple lavatubes (v2) over the past year. The last one I got has been working fine but the ones before that all gave me problems after a few weeks of use. Firing problems, cutting out...it was horrible. A lot of my friends with lavatubes experienced the same problems but it looks like they may have sorted the problems out with their most recent batches. The one I have now has been going strong for several months without any of the headaches I experienced with the previous 4.

If you can afford it, I would suggest looking into something a little more reliable. I was thinking of getting a Provari but ended up going mechanical and ordered a Dingo from atmizoo.

ciggfree

Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Arizona
I have never owned a Lavatube, they do have good reviews. I would suggest a Vamo for starters - best VV/ VW for the money. I spent $70 for the version 3 and have had 0 issues. The V2 has been around a couple of years and has very good reveiws - you can easily find one for less than $45. Provari seems to be the one everyone reccomends, I just can't justify the $$. I would get one if I come across a really good deal.

Pentarth

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2012
Michigan
I had a lavatube and 5 of my friends bought them as well. All of them died within 8 months or less. They have a 1 year warranty ... getting them fixed / replaced by the company is like trying to give a feral cat a bath. I've used a lot of mods and while many work well, very few have durability. Provari are expensive but I've been using mine for over a year and still looks great and functions perfectly. Some of my friends have Vamo's and they seem to be decent mods too while not being as durable, they are less expensive and a better choice than a LT. There are a lot of good mods out there in the LT price range. I suggest watching / reading reviews of the models in your price range before you buy.

Chas_L

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2013
Buchanan Ga
I have three Vamos a V2 and two V3s. Only reason I have three is that I like the idea of having spares and if our uncle here in the states bans on-line sells then there will be no more under $40 Vamos from Fasttech I fear. I have also read that the V2 is discontinued and I really like having the threads top ring and threaded body sections. I also loke the spiral groves design which many seem to be put off by.

For the cost of one Lavatube you csn purchase 3 Vamos and for the cost of a Provari you can purchase 6 of them.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
I've had multiple lavatubes (v2) over the past year. The last one I got has been working fine but the ones before that all gave me problems after a few weeks of use. Firing problems, cutting out...it was horrible. A lot of my friends with lavatubes experienced the same problems but it looks like they may have sorted the problems out with their most recent batches. The one I have now has been going strong for several months without any of the headaches I experienced with the previous 4.

If you can afford it, I would suggest looking into something a little more reliable. I was thinking of getting a Provari but ended up going mechanical and ordered a Dingo from atmizoo.

I like the Provari, it's also made in the US, a bit pricy but most likely worth it...and you can get an extended warranty for $25.00 extra.

The Lava Tubes are on sale tomorrow for $109.00...now I don't know if I will get one of those or wait until payday and get a Provari...Hummm

Anyone out there have a Provari?

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
"I had a lavatube and 5 of my friends bought them as well. All of them died within 8 months or less. They have a 1 year warranty ... getting them fixed / replaced by the company is like trying to give a feral cat a bath. I've used a lot of mods and while many work well, very few have durability. Provari are expensive but I've been using mine for over a year and still looks great and functions perfectly. Some of my friends have Vamo's and they seem to be decent mods too while not being as durable, they are less expensive and a better choice than a LT. There are a lot of good mods out there in the LT price range. I suggest watching / reading reviews of the models in your price range before you buy. "

In reading your reply, I should probably wait the week and buy the Provari....

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion

How was the company as far as exchanges?

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I just bought a Provari, and am extremely satisfied with it. After looking at all the vv's out there, and the reviews. all of them would be compared to the Provari. The thing is a bullet. Built well, nice weight to it, smooth threads on end cap, holds the voltage setting you select, and maintains it to the last puff til the battery dies. Pop in a fresh battery, and the voltage setting is remembered. And it's American made. Great customer service and fast shipping. The Provari does not disappoint.

[disclaimer: I am not associated with provape or Provari in any form or fashion.. I deal craps for a living, and just know a great bet when I see one]

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
I just bought a Provari, and am extremely satisfied with it. After looking at all the vv's out there, and the reviews. all of them would be compared to the Provari. The thing is a bullet. Built well, nice weight to it, smooth threads on end cap, holds the voltage setting you select, and maintains it to the last puff til the battery dies. Pop in a fresh battery, and the voltage setting is remembered. And it's American made. Great customer service and fast shipping. The Provari does not disappoint.

[disclaimer: I am not associated with provape or Provari in any form or fashion.. I deal craps for a living, and just know a great bet when I see one]

Dang, well I guess I will wait until payday and get the Provari!

Thanks all for the great feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread