Modders help needed: New Varitube 510 vs. FDV 510 v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm building my 1st mod and trying to decide between the varitube 510 connection (the new 1 with the current not going through the spring) or the fat daddy's vapes 510 v 4. I'm trying to build as low profile as I can So the varitube 510 is looking a little bit better right now, but I also want the best quality and I can always recess the 510 into the mod. The varitube has a 1mm landing pad and the FDV 'll is much thicker but has the option of completely removing it. I kind of want the landing pad to avoid scratches to the mods coating. Also, the FDV 510 is 14 -15mm ish where the varitube is 12mm in length. And FDV will have v4 shorty available in 3 weeks. Does anyone have any opinions on this?

PS I wanted to post in the modders forum but didn't have enough post to do it. So sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

p7willm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Lansdale, PA, USA
You have your 5 posts now and the forums have reset so you should be able to post there. If you were lucky some nice admin would have moved this.

I would post the question again in the modder forum since most of the people who hang out there do not look here too often.

I have only used the fat daddy so all I can say is that I liked it.

You have your 5 posts now and the forums have reset so you should be able to post there. If you were lucky some nice admin would have moved this.

I would post the question again in the modder forum since most of the people who hang out there do not look here too often.

I have only used the fat daddy so all I can say is that I liked it.

Thanks a lot

Moved from New Members to Modding Forum :)

So, now that this is in the modders forum does anyone have an opinion or suggestion?

I have since read that on the varitube 510 the pin can get stuck sometimes because of its design, but I don't know if that is for the newer version or older version.

I personally like the fat daddy Vape v4 bc of the 1 piece core and o ring to guard against leaks into the 510 connection, but I don't like the very thick top cap to it bc I'm trying for low profile. Is there a way to get the landing pad to sit flush with the mod? The landing pad is like 3mm - 4mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread