Modding a Vision Ego 2.0 Clearomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
There were some problems posted... and I experienced myself... where some juice, particularly cinnamon based juice, causes problems with the Vision 2.0 (as well as other clearomizers)... causing the tube to cloud over and the mouthpiece to melt and molt... and producing some toxic vapor.

So, I came up with this mod to deal with this (actually using a Thor base with an Avid Vapor - Crystal Vision head).

1. Remove the mouthpiece.
2. Remove the tube.
3. Use a short wick head (you can get these from Avid Vapor... otherwise you can just clip the wicks off a long wicked head).
4. Remove the silicone cap from the head and take out the nipple.
5. Take a fingernail clippers or a sizzors and clip the end with the nipple hole right off. With this, the silicone head will be a cylinder open on both ends. You otherwise want to let as much of the silicone cap remain there as possible.
6. Put the silicone cap back on the head.
7. Put a 306 Delrin drip tip (you can also get these from Avid Vapor) over the silicone cap. Pushing down, I was not able to get the 306 drip tip to completely cover the silicone cap, but instead the silicone cap got forced over the first metal barrior and forced down on the short wicks. This is not bad and a plus in fact as it will help prevent juice coming out the wick holes.
8. Drip into the drip tip... maybe 7 drops then one short puff then add 3 more and... vape.

With this, any juice that is dangerous to the mouthpiece or tube... well, you are not using the mouthpiece and tube so you do not have that problem.

I tried this and... it worked. A bit of a strange contraption and the 306 drip tip is a bit crooked but everything still works. Some more mod on this might mean clipping the wicks completely and pushing the silicone cap completely down to the second metal barrier.

Yeah, this works and... if this juice still causes me problems (I have been using it off and on for around 2 years and never had any problems before) then, I will not know what to think.

So, why not just use a Cisco atty and the drip tip? Well, the Cisco attys with shipping cost around $10... while I can get the Vision 2.0 heads for just $2.60... one fourth the price... and this juice (Puresmoker Firecracker) tends to clog up atties.

A second mod... which I have not tried yet and is for juice that does not cause problems with the plastic... as a matter of increasing the flavor and getting past the 'muted flavor' problem... is just taking the nibble off and cutting off the end of the silicone cap and... using the normal tube and mouthpiece.. and filling the tube and then dripping through the mouthpiece as well... a combo dripping and wick-fed clearomizer. This SHOULD significantly increase the flavor but, again, I have not tried this one yet.

Comments?

Z

I don't mind doing simple adjustments and if your modifications help someone that already has many of them, then I think it may be worth a try.
The bottom line with me is: If they don't work out of the box or doing simple adjustments/tweaks still doesn't resolve issues, then we as vapers should stop buying these items.
When the demand for bad items is non-existent, manufacturers will go back to the drawing board or risk going out of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread