Modern Vapor Sidesho vs. 902

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone I'm new to the whole vaping thing so forgive me if the following questions have already been addressed elsewhere. I wanted to ask if anyone can make a comparison between the Sidesho and the 902 from Modern Vapor. From all the reviews I have seen about Modern Vapor they seem to be the best e-cig brand. Some questions I'm hoping you guys can answer are the following:

1) Which model produces a larger and more consistent vapor output without leaking (most important).
2) Which model has a longer battery life (somewhat important).
3) Which model holds more liquid (somewhat important).
4) Any other comparisons between the models.

I understand that the 902 is larger then the Sidesho so I'm assuming it has a better battery life or can hold more liquid but I might be wrong. I'm also looking for something that is about the same size as an analog and to me it seems the Sidesho is only slightly larger while the 902 seems quite a bit larger. If the Sidesho produces the same amount of vapor and only gets a little less battery life then the 902 then I will go with sidesho. Otherwise I will go with the 902. Both products are appealing, however, I do like how the sidesho is somewhat smaller then the 902. I'm also more of a social smoker so the amount of liquid it holds is not a huge factor but if there is a significant difference between the two models then that may lean me one way or the other.

Thanks

Sublimation

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Shreveport/Bossier City , LA
I personally have a Sidesho. It is a great e-cig to be sure. A friend ordered a 902 and after trying it, I wish I would have gone with the 902 to start with. It produces more vapor, has better flavor(to me anyway), and has better battery life. While the Sidesho is about the size of a 100 analog, the 902 feels more like a small cigar i.e. Black & Mild. Its not overly large, I was surprised that it wasn't much bigger than the Sidesho. It is a little heavier, not that its cumbersome, and actually feels more solid in hand. The 902 also has larger carts and holds a good bit more juice than the Sidesho. Tony is an awesome guy and has GREAT customer service. I've recommended at least 15 people I personally know to his site.

Having said that, you won't be disappointed in either product, and MV customer service is top notch. Good luck.

So I guess I will probably end up going with the 902 instead of the Sidesho from what the people that commented said on this post. Also I would like to thank everyone that replied. E-cigs are so new and there are so many different models and brands that it can be somewhat overwhelming to decide which one to go with. I didn't want to get an e-cig that was big/bulky or that looked very unanalog like so this is one of the deciding factors in my choice of e-cigs. Since modern vapor seems like a great company to start with, I will be ordering soon from them.

I agree with everyone here. I have both the 902 and Sidesho. The Sidesho batteries are very good, but the 902's seem to produce better vapor. Also the 902 carts hold more liquid.

But, the Sideshow PT is awesome. It's manual, which I love. It can use the 902 atomizer and cart. It's a great vapor producer. I love it too.

The buttons on the manual batteries and PT's can be a little funky. I seem to have a habit of dislodging mine. But, Tony sent me a bag of replacement buttons. They just pop right in, and I'm good to go. (Don't tell Tony this, but I'm kind of a klutz. If anyone can break anything it's me. I'm an accident going somewhere to happen).

Anyway, the Sidesho and the 902 are both great choices. The 902 is my mobile PV and the Sidesho stuff are my home units. Will I stop with these? No. I like to try all kind of different PV's and eventually mods and stuff. But for someone who wants just one or two PV's in their warchest, these are solid, reliable and affordable PV's.

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
Hopefully Tony doesn't mind that I post here what he said. I asked him what the difference was between the sidesho and the 902 and this is what how he responded:

"I would say size, and smoking preference is the main difference.

Sidesho = 108mm long x 8.5mm wide
902 = 118mm long x 8.5mm wide

The Sidesho is the closet size and feel to a traditional cigarette, if you
read up on the forums you might hear that people love to drip. This is the
best model for dripping because of the exposed atomizer. I love the
Sidesho because of all the color options, and the size feels good in the
hands.

Drawbacks:
1. the cartridge capacity is about 30% less than the 902 cartridges, and
takes a little more work in refilling the cartridge than the 902 cartridges.
Most people tend to drip with this model which makes super easy.

902- This is more of a midsized ecig and is very user friendly for
beginners. The cartridge capacity is huge, it hold just over a ml of juice
20+ drops, and is super easy to refill/ top off. People do drip with this
model, but it is not as easy as the sidesho, it is not the best model for
this because the atomizer bridge is recessed deep."

Hope this helps. BTW I got the 902 and I am loving it!

Jettatore

Jan 10, 2011
US
I just bought a 902, talked to a customer rep on the phone about the sidesho, she said the sideshow is actually the longer of the two, but that it's thinner. Is that correct? Would love confirmation on this as I might like to get a sidesho at some point. She said it would charge, but would stick out of the top of the PCC that comes with the 902 starting kit.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I have the models they based them on, M401 and DSE901 (though I use the 901 with a KR8 battery). They claim to have improved the various things with them to give better hit and vapor.

DSE901 is a bit thicker, the thickness of a 510 or KR8 (I think about 1 mm thicker than a cigarette).

M401 is the thickness of a cigarette.

In their natural forms, M401 has a tighter drag and more annoying cart (you have to push the inner cart up with a paperclip to fill or top off). Since the 901's cart inserts INTO the atty rather than vice versa, the 901 cart's stuffing is visible for top-off or fill as soon as you pull the cart off. In their natural forms, an easy drag will get you a mouthful of airy vapor with 901, and 401 needs a bit more effort to drag but the vapor is more concentrated. Both are tasteful PVs. M401 looks more like a cigarette due to its smaller diameter. With my 901 I use contrasting colors - colored battery with black atty and black cart so maybe mine looks more like a cigarillo in a holder. I use both every day. In their original forms I don't think either gives a big hit - maybe a light to medium hit unless the ejuice is a high TH flavor. I was a lights and ultralights smoker for my last decade of smoking so it's fine for me.

I wonder if anyone has both M401 and Sidesho, or both DSE901 and Modern Vapor's 902 - it would be interesting to know what they improved and how much since my experiences are with the originals.

Last edited:

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Hi surf-florida! Welcome to the ECF. I have both the 902 and the Sideshow. I don't use either anymore, but not because they're bad PVs....I just needed more than what they could provide for me. I got excellent vapor production from both. The 902 batteries lasted longer than the Sideshow batteries. In the end, these were steps in my vaping progression, starting from the Blu ...(as you will see in the photo). Once I got to the 902, I was starting to not care about simulating the smoking experience, so the size wasn't so much of a concern anymore. I hope this helps.
P1010177.jpg
Sorry...I looked for an analog to compare the size, but I don't have any anymore. Haven't smoked in over 4 months. The white one (Blu) is about the size of an analog. The silver one laying down is the Sideshow. The red one laying down is the 902. The silver one standing up is the eGo. The red one standing up is the Mini REO.

*edit....I still use my 902 for tasting new flavors by direct dripping. Even though I don't use these, I don't think I'll ever get rid of them. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread