More air or less air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyBGoode

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Gelder,NL
Don't see where air really becomes an issue. You are not burning something so there is no oxygen required I suppose.
At some point the chamber might get saturated with vape but as long as you have minimal airflow, that should not happen.

Its easier on your lungs imo to have more airflow.

Maybe having little airflow allows more concentrated vapor since you cant suck it out so quickly, so when exhaled gives bigger clouds.
For the actual vapor production however it should not matter much

eyerhere

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Warren Mi
Ther is not just 1 answer to the question of airflow. But generally speaking more airlow will produce cooler larger clouds with less flavor. Less airflow will produce warmer to hot denser clouds with more intense flavor. Individual results will be affected by what atty you are using what juice you are using watts and all the other fun stuff. Experimentation will work better than reading on this one!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
When you hit the point where the vape is too hot, more air cools and produces heavier vapor, but with reduced juice feed and not so much flavor in a tank that needs suction to feed juice.

If your device can feed the juice using a pump system like the Reo, then more air equals more vapor, cooler vapes, and as much flavor as you want. I've vaped a mod similar to the one in the link below. Just squeeze the bottle to feed more juice, just like a Reo. It's like a dripper, but with manual juice feed from a bottle. The flavor was outstanding and the clouds were thick and cool. I'm not into clouds that thick, but it was an eye opening experience.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/560010-printed-dna30-bottom-feeder.html

Last edited:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Airflow is a balance between atty design, size of the coil and wick. A setup with a coil and wick that can vaporize more liquid will require a larger airhole.

To small air hole can produce harsh hits, to big air hole generally produces more vapor but go to big and it will mute the flavor and be a weak tasting vape.

Last edited:

Ms82082

Verified Member
Very subjective imo, in my experience more air flow less flavor and large bore tips make it worse but with really hot coils like low sub ohms you can put out big clouds. Less af and smaller bore drip tips produce much better flavor. You just have to find the balance that works for you.

Last edited:

AustinOwens

Mar 31, 2014
Ashland
Ther is not just 1 answer to the question of airflow. But generally speaking more airlow will produce cooler larger clouds with less flavor. Less airflow will produce warmer to hot denser clouds with more intense flavor. Individual results will be affected by what atty you are using what juice you are using watts and all the other fun stuff. Experimentation will work better than reading on this one!

My results are exactly as you describe. Thanx ;)

Cloupor T5, Aspire Nautilus, Starship 1 by Space Jam

ProjektMayhem

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2014
Mooresville, NC, USA
IMO I get more vapor on my Kanger AeroTank with the airflow wide open. I tried it with it almost all the way closed and got a little less vapor but it was definitely hotter. I really enjoy vaping with it all the way open. On my Nimbus RDA I haven't drilled out the air holes at all and I don't think I'm getting as much vapor as I could be getting if I bored them a little bit or added more all the way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread