The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

More air or less air?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by AustinOwens, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AustinOwens

AustinOwens Full Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Ashland
    Can't get a straight answer. Everyone is contradicting each other so AIR CONTROL- more air or less air for more vapor??

Cloupor T5, Fatty V3.5, Starship 1 by Space Jam
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. JohnnyBGoode

JohnnyBGoode Super Member ECF Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Gelder,NL
    Don't see where air really becomes an issue. You are not burning something so there is no oxygen required I suppose.
    At some point the chamber might get saturated with vape but as long as you have minimal airflow, that should not happen.

Its easier on your lungs imo to have more airflow.

Maybe having little airflow allows more concentrated vapor since you cant suck it out so quickly, so when exhaled gives bigger clouds.
    For the actual vapor production however it should not matter much

3. rondasherrill

rondasherrill Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 19, 2012
    Valhalla
    Depends on the setup. Airflow is one variable in a list of things that must be balanced for the best production.

Generally speaking, assuming a nice hot vape, with a coil that has plenty of surface area against the wick, more airflow would be better, to keep the coil from getting too hot and producing more vapor.

4. Forcefedflesh

Forcefedflesh Full Member

Dec 8, 2009
    United States
    Airflow = more vapor from what I know. but it also depends on your build.

5. mightymen

mightymen Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2012
    NYC
    Just tried it on my T5 and fogger 4 with 1.5 ohms set at 13 watts either open or close cloud the same though closed produced hotter vapor. :2cool:

I like it open. :)

6. eyerhere

eyerhere Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2013
    Warren Mi
    Ther is not just 1 answer to the question of airflow. But generally speaking more airlow will produce cooler larger clouds with less flavor. Less airflow will produce warmer to hot denser clouds with more intense flavor. Individual results will be affected by what atty you are using what juice you are using watts and all the other fun stuff. Experimentation will work better than reading on this one!

7. Sgt.Rock

Sgt.Rock Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2014
    The Poconos
    To add my 2 cents...it all depends on the whole package...device, watts, juice, and your inhale technique.

My setup is perfect for me but for you it may suck. Experimentation will allow you to answer your own question in a way that nobody else can!

8. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    welllll lets put it this way.... 98% of the cloud chasers have massive air flow holes in their attys..... what does that tell ya ;)

9. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    When you hit the point where the vape is too hot, more air cools and produces heavier vapor, but with reduced juice feed and not so much flavor in a tank that needs suction to feed juice.

If your device can feed the juice using a pump system like the Reo, then more air equals more vapor, cooler vapes, and as much flavor as you want. I've vaped a mod similar to the one in the link below. Just squeeze the bottle to feed more juice, just like a Reo. It's like a dripper, but with manual juice feed from a bottle. The flavor was outstanding and the clouds were thick and cool. I'm not into clouds that thick, but it was an eye opening experience.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/560010-printed-dna30-bottom-feeder.html

10. Nomoreash

Nomoreash Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Airflow is a balance between atty design, size of the coil and wick. A setup with a coil and wick that can vaporize more liquid will require a larger airhole.

To small air hole can produce harsh hits, to big air hole generally produces more vapor but go to big and it will mute the flavor and be a weak tasting vape.

11. Ms82082

Ms82082 Full Member Verified Member

Very subjective imo, in my experience more air flow less flavor and large bore tips make it worse but with really hot coils like low sub ohms you can put out big clouds. Less af and smaller bore drip tips produce much better flavor. You just have to find the balance that works for you.

12. AustinOwens

AustinOwens Full Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Ashland
    My results are exactly as you describe. Thanx ;)

Cloupor T5, Aspire Nautilus, Starship 1 by Space Jam

13. ProjektMayhem

ProjektMayhem Super Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Mooresville, NC, USA
    IMO I get more vapor on my Kanger AeroTank with the airflow wide open. I tried it with it almost all the way closed and got a little less vapor but it was definitely hotter. I really enjoy vaping with it all the way open. On my Nimbus RDA I haven't drilled out the air holes at all and I don't think I'm getting as much vapor as I could be getting if I bored them a little bit or added more all the way around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.