More misinformation being published

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe944

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2011
ca
That article has been posted all over the place, but that's the first time I've seen it with that headline.

If people were on average more intelligent, they would do a little research and find out that the "Doctors" quoted are either lying out of their a$$es or completely incompetent.

Unfortunately only a small percentage of people are actually going to do that research after reading this or any similar article and promptly tout the dangers of e-cigs to everyone they know.

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
If people were on average more intelligent, they would do a little research and find out that the "Doctors" quoted are either lying out of their a$$es or completely incompetent.

Unfortunately only a small percentage of people are actually going to do that research after reading this or any similar article and promptly tout the dangers of e-cigs to everyone they know.

Sadly, about 98% of the general population are complete .......
I learned that working in retail for many years. :(

Vap0rJay

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Maryland
Sadly, about 98% of the general population are complete .......
I learned that working in retail for many years. :(

Indeed. Lesson I learned in retail too. Then lesson repeated when I was fixing copiers. 5 calls a week where the "machine was not working" and all they needed to do was either turn it on or plug it in. No kidding. And some of these machines in your local high schools and even universities hah! Scary thought when the doc about to do your heart surgery isn't bright enough to see if the copier is plugged in before calling it in "broken." lol...

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
Indeed. Lesson I learned in retail too. Then lesson repeated when I was fixing copiers. 5 calls a week where the "machine was not working" and all they needed to do was either turn it on or plug it in. No kidding. And some of these machines in your local high schools and even universities hah! Scary thought when the doc about to do your heart surgery isn't bright enough to see if the copier is plugged in before calling it in "broken." lol...
Did that job too, then decided to get into Tele Comm field, you'd be amazed at how many PhD's get confused by a 10 digit number pad and don't get me started on the ones that have extensions. Anyway, the number of people who buy the news as gospel is just mind boggling, they read crap like this and treat it like the ten commandments.

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky

Very good looking young woman on this one, though ..

That's what vaping does for one. (Actually that photo seems to be cigarette smoking with a pack of Mayfield's in lap. Need to edit that and show e-cig in hand and e-cig kit in lap. Picture is quite contrived. Mayfield's may exist but I've never heard of such a brand. Found photos of similar nature here smokingfemmefatale-index. Use of such a photo - really unnecessary - not particularly on topic - adds to the article's non-creditability IMO.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread