More wraps lower ohm's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kandem

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2015
Nova Scotia Canada
Lol Another question guys I noticed on of my coils is heating up faster then the other. But once I start pulsing them they are ok. I scrapped my ceramic tweezers on the one that was slow to light up. Guys at the Vap shop checked it out everything looked good. I'm building with the shifty Allen key that came with the kit. And the coil that's lighting up slower I noticed both screws are starting to get stripped. The coils won't budge if you pull on them they are tight. But the one that lights up quicker both screw are nice and not stripped. Could that be my issue?
Could be that the one which is firing quicker has shorter legs. Could be a tiny bit.

Reactions: rcalvy1

rcalvy1

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
canda
Could be that the one which is firing quicker has shorter legs. Could be a tiny bit.
Just had to rewick so I took the post screws out of the slow firing coil and switched with new ones that weren't stripped working much better now!! Firing together :)thanks for all the tips guys ;)

Reactions: ErrrKT19

rcalvy1

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
canda
The funny thing here is the talk of sub-ohm coil building without a clue about how it works, i.e. ohms law.

Dangerous
How is it dangerous when I'm using a regulated mod and just expressed myself wrong. No issues at all here and my mod reads the resistance anyways and I always start off at low wattage and increase by five till I find my sweet spot. Vaping is all about learning and getting experience. We all start somewhere.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
That's what we do in the building section. Well. I actually forgot to tell the OP that 18g Ni200 is the best to build with. It heats up super fast for such a thick wire & has a decent resistance. Just make sure to go 24 wraps on a 3.5mm or 20 wraps on a 4.0mm ID :D
Are you giving this advice to an obvious newcomer, Tom? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread