How many wraps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
Very frustrated, got the pharaoh mini rta today and supposedly 6 wraps of kanthal 24 gauge will get me to about. 5 ohm .

Will my partner wrapped hers first and it worked fine in her rta. Now we've been trying for an hour and a half going between 4 to 7 wraps and it all reads between .9 and 1.5 ohm on the coil master tab.

I only have enough wire for maybe two more coils until my other vapemail arrives... Can anyone help me?

Reactions: stols001

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I did that and it read 0 finally got a .8 build, I'll settle for that.

Yeah just checked, depending on legs and diameter of coil, single coil should have been 5.2 to 6 wraps. I'm betting it's due to the center pin. My TM RDA if screwed down too tight on my meter (Wotofo) will read a .3 coil as 1.8.

Try next time to just have it make snug contact not full on the meter. Could be something with the atty but may be time for a new meter. I build mine check on meter and verify on a VW mod before using, unless just bored then do a 3rd check with my actual voltage meter.

I have had times where resistance amounts changed depending on batteries being used as well, shouldn't be that way but it's happened. We can get a solid 100w + mod for less than $50, a solid meter under $30 can't be done, it's an engineering impossibility it seems, lol.

Reactions: stols001

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
OK maybe it is the screws. I ran into another problem, it's spring loaded and while I was putting so many coils in I unscrewed it too much and the spring came out, can't find that spring but it came with extras.. Problem is I can't screw the screw in with spring on it.

I don't know what to do, google hasn't had much on it. I'm wondering if I can use it without the spring in one side?

Also and this might be related to spring or screw connection it read .8 ohm on the meter and the mod until I rewicked it now it says .17 ohm. How is that possible?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
OK maybe it is the screws. I ran into another problem, it's spring loaded and while I was putting so many coils in I unscrewed it too much and the spring came out, can't find that spring but it came with extras.. Problem is I can't screw the screw in with spring on it.

I don't know what to do, google hasn't had much on it. I'm wondering if I can use it without the spring in one side?

Also and this might be related to spring or screw connection it read .8 ohm on the meter and the mod until I rewicked it now it says .17 ohm. How is that possible?

You’re not making a proper connection. I don’t know what tank you’re using, but if the deck relies on spring loaded posts and you lost one the problem is likely right there.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Okay but then you talked about losing a spring? Did all this resistance change happen AFTER you lost the spring?

I'm not the best person at RTAs but I'd imagine if you've got a build going with pieces missing from your build deck that you are going to get strange changes?

Is there a reason you can't screw the screw back in with a new spring, as you were able to do so before? Maybe try a magnetic screwdriver if you have one (and if you are lucky, that might work). IDK. Good luck, I don't have any earthshaking answers for you, I'm sorry.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread