Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
In the beginning, I didn't try. I smoked it. Then I started vaping for the day. When I ran out of tobacco, I just didn't buy any more. At first, it was hard duty. I'd get on the vape and stay there for a while. What exactly I did doesn't count any more as the gear is different now.After a while you get over it. Nowadays I often eat and am in the car working before having the first vape of the day.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I kept one flavor of juice just for the mornings. Instead of reaching for the cig in the mornings I knew I had the one flavor juice I enjoyed waiting on me (a blueberry muffin type). After the morning vape I would not use this flavor for the rest of the day. What this did was to give me something to look forward to every morning instead of the cig.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I would like to know what you had done to get past that first cigarette on the morning. Please state the following.

1. Amount of time vaped aborting first cigarette
  2. how long it took to not crave a morning cigarette
  3. what nic level
  4. what flavour

Hmm...

1. I have to not include the period I was using E-Lites and JacVapour... so my answer is 2-3 weeks after getting an eGo battery kit.
2. I just stopped smoking one morning, and never smoked again. Not one.
3. 24mg*
4. Hangsen RY6.

*I don't think anybody needs 24mg these days... the e-cigs are so good... unless a newbie uses an eGo CE4, in which case, yes... still 24mg.

Reactions: smokender

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
I would like to know what you had done to get past that first cigarette on the morning. Please state the following.

1. Amount of time vaped aborting first cigarette
  2. how long it took to not crave a morning cigarette
  3. what nic level
  4. what flavour
Smoked 26 years....

1. I switched in one day, and like djs, I have never had another since.
2. I never really craved a cigarette again. I guess I had the mindset that I was doing the same thing in a better way.
3. 18mg, but was down to 6mg after 2 months
4. For me it was always fruit (usually orange) and I quickly discovered menthol was a must as well. Now I just vape unflavored with menthol.

I never really thought of the process as quitting smoking, just doing what I enjoyed without all the BS that comes with cigarettes.

smokender

Jul 7, 2015
Ontario Canada
1. Around 5min.
2. Still crave, only 8 weeks in.
3. Started at 12mg now down to 6mg (was smoking 35 analogs a day)
4. Still on my tobacco flavor during work day. Playing with different flavors at night and weekends. I am still finding my tobacco flavor to be a strong, safe sub during the work day. The flavors I am enjoying are the sweeter, custardy, creamy type juices. Not so much fruit at the moment.
All the best.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hello, P2PLeon and welcome to ECF. I have a feeling you will get quite a few different answers to your simple questions. When I first started vaping, about 3 years ago, I was using an eGo battery with a very basic clearo tank. I didn't have a very high level of nic and definitely didn't have the right attitude to successfully quit the stinkies. So let me answer your questions.

1. In mid-February, I decided to get serious about vaping. I talked to a gentleman at a local B&M and picked up a good mod (iTaste VTR) with a Nautilus Mini. I set a quit date of 25 February (my birthday) as a quit date.

2. After about a week, I was still craving that morning cig. I was using American Tobacco 18mg nic. I went back to the B&M and after talking with the same gentleman, I picked up a small bottle of 24mg American Tobacco and a second tank, the full-size Nautilus. I used the 24mg in the Nautilus Mini and the 18 mg in the Nautilus. In the morning with my morning cup of coffee, I used the Nautilus Mini with the 24mg nic. After a while, I would switch to the Nautilus with the 18mg for the remainder of the day. I did this for probably a month or so. I still have a higher level of nic that I used if I get that craving.

3. I am now down to 3mg nic that I use in all of my devices. I have some Kanger Sub Tank Minis, Herakles and a mixture of drippers.

4. My All Day Vape is Rumchata and I love it! I make my own juices and have a variety of flavors depending on my mood. When I first started vaping I only vaped the American Tobacco. As I have progressed I have dropped it and now love the different flavors. I have Vanilla, Peaches and Cream, Watermelon, Blackberry. As you can see I have a love of fruits and creams. For my ADV I use 50/50 and for others I have everything from 60/40 to 90/10. It all depends on my mood.

I hope this helps you. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. Have a good day and vape on.

Jerry

P2PLeon

Toot This, Toot That, Toot Everything
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 19, 2015
    Middlesbrough,UK
    myvapingright.com
    I have also set my date as my birthday october 6th. but would like to have some birthday money to spend when and where i would like to put it. my main reason for this post is to see how variant it is for people to pass up smoking on the morning and tell me how long they vaped for as the cravings went. i just wanted to know this as i am in no fit state of mind to just vape in the morning and i want that cig, i know it is will power and a changing of habit but i would like to brake the mould and vape instead of smoking in the mornings. from what i have come across people just say vape more or vape all day long to get rid of the cravings, but if you do want to vape all day shouldn't the first vape of the day be more important to crush the cravings in and then to be accustomed to it and then vape more for when cravings are not around and when they are.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 22, 2015
    West Virginia, USA
    Everyone is different. Vape is not a magic puff that instantly ends smoking the cigs. Many people vape and smoke (dual use) until they get their minds set on quitting. You've got to want to vape and not smoke.

You might try this instead of the morning cig.

When I was trying to quit I used a cheap clearomizer/tank with the next higher nic in it. When the "itch" got to where the regular vape wasn't scratching it I would hit the higher nicotine tank once and go back to the regular nic vape. It usually took from 3 days to a week to get adjusted to the lower nicotine level. I said usually because I used this same technique to reduce my nicotine content in steps from the high level down to the under 3mg I now enjoy.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    not to be a stick in the mud... but Ive been vaping 36 nic juice for over 2 yrs.... and... I still have that morning ciggie, Id have to give up my coffie to skip the morning ciggie, and Im NOT giving up my coffie!!! so I suppose 1 ciggie in the morning is better than 3 PAD... I started vaping to cut down costs of smoking, never really intended to quit smoking.... but consider the % of reduction... 98.3% reduction in smoking.. not 100% but Im 98.3% healthier than I was :)

oh yeah.. the flavor I vape is HHV's Pirates Booty ( 36 nic 100VG 2X flavor shot) on occasion I vape some of my DIYNETs... ( 20nic 100VG)

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2013
    MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
    I'm coming up on my 2 year vaperversary and I still remember the challenge those first few weeks. I went from smoking to vaping, full stop. I wanted to quit and was determined to make it work.

I started at 18mg nic (I was a PAD smoker). You need a nic level that's enough to help with those urges, especially in the morning, after meals and any other trigger times you have.

I ordered a bunch of sample juices from multiple vendors and was lucky enough to find some I liked early on. I tended to grab a custard or bakery flavor to go with my morning coffee. It was a nice, tasty, calorie free way to start the day!

In the morning I'd vape like a fiend if needed to keep me from smoking. Initially, I'd also get cravings during the day and I'd just vape and vape some more until they subsided. Those urges slowed down over time. Somewhere along the way, I broke the cycle of wanting a cigarette and it became a desire to vape. I don't know when that magic happened, it probably took 2-4 weeks. I was counting the days and when I hit a month I knew I was done with cigarettes.

The journey is different for everyone. It can be a challenge to find what works for you, but when you do - enjoy!

JavaJunkie

ECF Veteran
    Jul 19, 2011
    Virginia
    I took three days to transition with a mini cig. I wish I would have had my mod then. I let myself have that first morning one, but only in the kitchen with the window open and a fan running. After the first one, I'd chain vape until a craving passed. Took about 3-5 minutes of chain vaping. Once I finished the pack I had when my starter kit arrived, I didn't buy any more. It was tough for the first couple of weeks and I ended up having a cigarette the first time I drank, but it gets easier with time. I had to let myself vape as much as I wanted to get away from analogs. I was using 18mg at the time.

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 2, 2013
    BC Canada
    My wife and I first started over 2 years ago with a ego stick and CE4 along with a 24mg 555 and once I began vaping I had no cravings for a ciggy at all. I thought the morning would the hardest but mind over matter, if you don't wanna smoke then don't. The 24mg lasted about a month before I got a protank went down to 18 and now with my kayfuns I vape 12 and considering going down again to 9
    I can't imagine putting 24mg into my kayfun...it would blow my head off and I'd be looking at my lungs on the floor after I coughed them up.
    I figured out a long time ago is that when I smoked I literally tripped over my own feet to have that first morning smoke but now with vaping I don't have that craving and can get a half cup of coffee down before I need a vape.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    It took me a week to make the transition completely. I vaped as much as I wanted, yet still had craving for a smoke occasionally. I allowed myself to smoke half of a cigarette, put it out, and saved it for the next craving. Those butts tasted pretty bad, but that helped me to quit.

After a few days I grew to prefer vaping, and not want the cigarettes at all. The cigarettes quickly began to taste terrible.

Of course, I REALLY wanted to quit, and was determined to allow vaping to replace my smoking.

I was using a SmokelessImage Volt cigalike starter kit, using their Ice Menthol flavor. Within a month I purchased my first "mod", a Silver Bullet and a cartotank. A few weeks later, I purchased my first Provari. Still using the SB and Provari, and now building my own coils/wicks in RBA's. Over 3 years smokefree.

Finding the "right" flavor is just as important as using the "right" gear. Not expecting to replace the taste of a cigarette was key for myself. I began with a menthol (Marlboro Menthol smoker), but quickly moved on to fruit, coffee, and desert flavors.

Last edited:
    Reactions: smokender
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread