Status
Not open for further replies.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
I can now officially confirm that mosquito's are into diy juice in a big way! :?:
It appears that part of the 'open steep' process has resulted in the accidental drowning of a 'middle aged' female mosquito in some of my Mrs Lords Custard Cream clone!!!!!:facepalm:

I sucked the offending insect out with a pipette but am not sure if I really want to vape that liquid anymore, would you? After all, folks drink liquor with all kinds of creatures fermenting inside-yuk:vapor:......................what next. antz:D

Anyone else had any intruders on their diy? Some of the Florida residents must be prone to tropical insect invasion I'd imagine.

Looks like I will need to create a netted 'breathing zone' for my juices lol

Last edited:

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Look at it this way. If that batch shines more than usual, you've found the secret ingredient to making a winning DIY juice. :D

It is my understanding that organic ingredients in e liquids are not recommended. I am already, by all accounts, a guinea pig (the film 'The Fly' comes to mind) and who knows how thousands of chemicals in the flavoring will react with insect DNA:(

Already had ANTZ in my juice last week and fear the blood lust induced reaction from this experiment, but hey..thangs alot:)

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
It is my understanding that organic ingredients in e liquids are not recommended. I am already, by all accounts, a guinea pig (the film 'The Fly' comes to mind) and who knows how thousands of chemicals in the flavoring will react with insect DNA:(

Already had ANTZ in my juice last week and fear the blood lust induced reaction from this experiment, but hey..thangs alot:)
Seriously, If there is PG in it, you should be fine.

images (5).jpg :D

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Seriously, If there is PG in it, you should be fine.

View attachment 421460 :D

Alright Jimi, you've convinced me not to chuck it out. Just gave it a good shake to mix in all the extra goodies. Care to leave me your address, you know, just in case you were wrong about the PG-lol;)

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Alright Jimi, you've convinced me not to chuck it out. Just gave it a good shake to mix in all the extra goodies. Care to leave me your address, you know, just in case you were wrong about the PG-lol;)
LOL !! Send me the mosquito. We need to send it off to the lab for further testing. We don't know if it indulged on the host, that ate lots of microwaved popcorn. :D

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I Asia they candy bugs and sell them as a delicacy everywhere. But they eat them, not inhale them!

Here is the recipe for 'Mosquito juice':(aka Custard Cream Biscuit)

FW VC 12%
FW Graham Cracker 8%
FA Whipped Cream 3%
FA Vienna Cream 3%
EM 2%
TFA Brown Sugar 2% ( or to taste)

When steeping add 1 ripe female mosquito: enjoy!!huh:

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I Asia they candy bugs and sell them as a delicacy everywhere. But they eat them, not inhale them!

Here is the recipe for 'Mosquito juice':(aka Custard Cream Biscuit)

FW VC 12%
FW Graham Cracker 8%
FA Whipped Cream 3%
FA Vienna Cream 3%
EM 2%
TFA Brown Sugar 2% ( or to taste)

When steeping add 1 ripe female mosquito: enjoy!!huh:
That's a nice recipe. Thanks :)

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Earlier in life I was a chef and baker, I really really enjoy diy-ing; but am never satisfied and so do endless tweaking and frankensteining with all my recipes.
I want to post others but will restrain myself until they have evolved or stood the test of time and other opinion's.

Thank you for the encouragement Jimi:)

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Earlier in life I was a chef and baker, I really really enjoy diy-ing; but am never satisfied and so do endless tweaking and frankensteining with all my recipes.
I want to post others but will restrain myself until they have evolved or stood the test of time and other opinion's.

Thank you for the encouragement Jimi:)
Sweet ! I bet you're going to be a great juice maker :) Looking forward in seeing more recipes.

Nice meeting you juicynoos :)

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Wanted to chime in and say thanks for the recepie! I initially thought it was going to taste like dish soap after the first few pulls but it smoothed out very well once my wick was doing it's business. This one will definitely be in my constant rotation.

Hope you didn't forget to add the mosquito...nah!! Oddly, this one took more steeping than others from the same batch but it vaped just fine..I'm very pleased that you like it. Vape On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread