Most awsumsauciest idea EVAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
as pointed out in another thread, there wasn't a "cooking" thread to share delishus recipes, then compare them to Halo flavors or determine the best pairings.

SO HERE IT IS!!!

We'll pick up from where our last episode left off:

(True, the dish isn't as tasty as the visual of the hot italian dish cooking it in my visual...)

I have such a killer sauce (Franks, butter, garlic, splash each of worstercheserestershire sauce, white vinegar, jack daniels), but this isn't a cooking thread, so..

I know TriBeCa after would be perfect, although Shamrock could work. (as AngiBe, with hands on hips, crying out, "No! No! VooDoo!!! LOLOL..." :evil:

aaaannnnnnnd....wait for it.....wait for it.....wait for iiiiiiiiiiiit........GO!

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
That sauce sounds good, however it needs some sweetener, may I suggest just a teaspoon of brown sugar.

As for after vape? I might go for kringles curse for a nice after dinner mint

kringle's curse mixed with belgian cocoa....while eating an andes chocomint.

you'd need paramedics to deal with your ears bleeding from the sheer awsum.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
That sauce sounds good, however it needs some sweetener, may I suggest just a teaspoon of brown sugar.

As for after vape? I might go for kringles curse for a nice after dinner mint

Genius, supergrover. I have added some brown sugar, it makes the sauce clingier, clingyer, er, adds to the cling factor. I've also added a bit of corn starch to thicken it. It's hard preventing the sauce from breaking. I use a bit of butter to saute the garlic, then add everything else except the rest of the butter. Heat, then remove from heat, let it cool a bit, then stir the butter in.

But the after vape (après le traitement) can go one of two ways:

a. vape some of your least liked or cheap juices, since you might not be able to taste anyway for a while.
<or>
b. go big flavor. Kringles is that, as would be subZero (never sampled). My preference is Malijoy (malibu/Belg Cocoa 70/30).

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
so yesterday, i stuffed a pork loin with breading, cheese, bacon, gala apples, and chipotle peppers (dried jalapenos); cooked that aboot half way...then glazed with a mango-teriyaki sauce....finished with pineapples and some of the breading that i added some chives and cilantro too. then dumped the rest of the sauce on and finished baking.

afterwords, Malibu hit the spot, i went through half a mini-tank in sheer bliss. i imagine Voodoo would have worked also, but i didnt want to give AngiBeCrazy the satisfaction, she'd never let me live it down.

Supergrover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Rockaway NJ
Stuffed baby bella mushrooms.

Stuffing: garlic,onion and shallots, sauteed in butter.
Add red pepper,green pepper,carrots, couple shroom stems and caps, dash of franks, dash of sea salt, dash of white or black ground pepper 1 tbl spoon of parmasan cheese, put in a food chopper thing, then add to the sautee pan, sautee a little more.
add some white wine and let reduce, add breadcrumbs until mixture is able to be spooned
spoon stuffing into into the caps, cover with swiss cheese or cheese of your choice.

I bake them until the cheese is bubbly, about 10-15 mins @350

I could easily eat 20 of them, for breakfast lunch,dinner,snack
I have not cooked them since I started vaping, but tribeca might be a nice after vape

Last edited:

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
Where do you people find the time to make these gourmet foods?! I didn't even eat my Hot N Ready pizza until 9:30 last night!

well the whole dinner only took about an hour to make, half that time in the oven. during which imma playing video games and vaping.

and trust me, that loin wasn't gourmet...if it was, i would have really gotten creative with it!! :)

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I had attended ChowderFest on Long Beach Island, NJ this past October. The local restaurants (some from Seaside, some from Atlantic City, most from LBI) all compete to see who has the best New England style, and who has the best Red (manhattan)

omg, they had 12 whites and 9 reds, all you can eat, but in little 2.5 oz cups. The whites are all very similar, but 5 were over the top. Reds can go in so many directions, but one was heads above the rest (Stefano's for any of you Jersey Shore visitors).

Tonight I'll get a bag of top necks from Stew Leonard's and make a nice New England. I might add a little bacon, but must be careful not to overwhelm it. I'll probably cook a half pound of bacon to crumble on top, but for some reason, only a few tablespoonfuls actually make it to the bowl. hhmmm.

Tons of butter, heavy cream, with the onion, celery, potato, light hand on the pepper mill. (Actually, I'm soux chef to SWMBO).

And a little pepper infused Sherry to drizzle on top.

Planning on Prime15 during prep, and either Malijoy or maybe I'll break out some Kringles?

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
well it's deer huntin season here in Texas....so this weekend or next gunna try to grab enough to make chili and deer jerky for the rest of the year. luckily my dad built his own smoke shack out of a pre-fab in his backyard. it will be interesting to see what vapes work with venison tho.

and for dove huntin....easy peasy: stuff a jalepeno slice on one side, an onion slice on teh other, wrap the center bone in bacon, grill....i can inhale a dozen of those things. Souther Classic would be good with that, something with a lil spice to it.

randomnumbers18

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Lexington, KY, USA
Ooooh I made a tasty venison roast the other night in my crockpot! It was the first time I had done anything other than mix the ground meat in hamburger helper. I need to find some good deer recipes cause I still have a bunch of steaks and stuff in my freezer. The only problem is that it grosses boyfriend out and he won't eat it most of the time :(

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
well it's deer huntin season here in Texas....so this weekend or next gunna try to grab enough to make chili and deer jerky for the rest of the year. luckily my dad built his own smoke shack out of a pre-fab in his backyard. it will be interesting to see what vapes work with venison tho.

Voudn't a venison vape viably be voodoo, vheesal?

Which reminds me, "No!! Wabbit Season!!"

Supergrover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Rockaway NJ
I will trade you ejuices for some venison jerky wheezel :)
We used to go hunting when I was younger, me my dad and my granpa, bow hunting.
I still remember my first kill, was a decent 4 pter, got him from about 30 yards out, I was in my tree stand, he ran about 1000ft before he dropped.
When we got home they grilled up the heart, I had to eat it, it was a tradition, was kind of like liver in texture but so much better flavor.

I still target shoot, but have not hunted in many years, nobody to go with.

@ dave I was at chowderfest man, I go every year, me and my buddy scott, it is awesome, I like both red and white.
and I know stefanos well, I eat there a few times during the summer, there red is outstanding, by far the best I have ever had.

Last edited:

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
Hell yeah, Whisky kills germs better than anything the doc will give you.

whisky, bourbon, scotch, chloral-hydrate, absinthe, drano, nitro-glycerin, and just a touch of freon for flavor. stir well (do NOT shake, it's a safety issue) and pour over ice in a rocks glass.

if that dun cure me, nuthing will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread