Most discreet but effective e-cig ? Elips, Sd Keyring...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oupsone

Apr 5, 2012
Québec, Canada
Hi,I'm new to e-cig, many of my friends had switch smoking to vaping and i must admit that i've been seduced !I actually own an Ego type with DCT carto.Work pretty good but not the most discreet thing ( especially considering that my batteries are T-rex ) , wich is your favorite configuration for "on the go", I've seen those Sd keyring thats looks to work fine, and has an automatic battery, ( wich i like for driving ect... ) or the Ovale elips ( That is apparently a more durable e-cig but no automatic battery and pretty expensive ) ?Have anyone compared those two or anything in the same sizes ? 306a or cigarette's like don't seem very effective on vapour amount...Am i wrong ?I've read many posts on those but can't really find a comparison by someone who had both...ThanksPs : Sorry for my english, still learning !:blush:

rse1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Aloha, OR USA (near portland)
Hi and welcome to the ECF.

I'm sorry but I don't have experience with either the SD or the elips. I thought about acquiring the SD but decided the carto and small battery didn't fit my needs.

For discrete I prefer something that doesn't look like a cigarette and doesn't need a lot of fiddling (ie topping off cartos). I use a Vapage Vmod 2.0. Its a small bottom feeder with a 4 ml bottle and a 14500 batt (both lasts for hours of constant vaping without attention) inside a small nicely rounded/shaped box. It fits nicely in the hand; can provide clouds of vapor but allows a stealthy sip-and-hold-breath for those times you want to vape undetected. It is manual but can be easily used one handed.

jabuki

Jul 27, 2011
neverneverland
i'd suggest a madvapes rough stack. it's small enough to fit in your fist, has a big enough battery to get you through a day and is modular designed. Having a modular design is VERY nice. With a modular device you simply replace the part that fails rather then trashing the whole ego style battery when say just the switch fails. Also if you ever want to go up to high voltage vaping you can get just the maxi roughstack battery tube and can stack batteries.

Personally i love dripping at home but if your talking on the go vaping cartos is where it's at.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I made my own, and it's not hard to do. Cost all of $2.20. About the same size as my index finger, cartomizer and all.
    P1000526.jpg

Last edited:

Loveridden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    Schaumburg, IL
    I tried someone's trog keyring mod and it worked very well!! I would definitely recommend that for stealth and size. It does work a little better than my 808s. I have mods too, and I have a little 510 jambox from Kalamazoo vapor shop that works very well also. It is a pretty small box mod. Tho a mini roughstack or a trog keyring are smaller. I do think I have to buy one of those trog mods with shorty cartos in the future....almost did at vapebash...

Tiesel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 13, 2009
    Maryland
    That SD Keyring is nice and its only like 20$ I am getting one of those for sure! I usually just run a standard Boge carto on a standard 180mah 510 battery. All my stuff is threaded for 510 so it was simple for me to just order the smallest auto batteries that I could for it. It serves its purpose when I need portability.

oupsone

Apr 5, 2012
    Québec, Canada
    Thanks, everybody !

I'm ordering a SD Keyring, i'm decided.

@B4DJ1N64N I saw this configuration with the super mini Tank on another thread, I just love it !
    As I'm a user of tanks, this would be perfect, are the Boge carto all the same size ( 35 mm / 1,5 inch ) or is it a particular one ?
    Did you cut the tank of a DCT V2, or you bought one taht already that small ?
    Thanks !

Yelsew Skraps

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Texas Panhandle
    I have an elips and I like it, it produces a lot of vapor for a small device. The tanks themselves are a bit 'leaky' for me sometimes, although usually it is just condensation as the vapor wraps around the tank to get to you. The tank needs to be seated very well, and i have found I have to help the atty poke the hole in the membrane cap of the tank. The atty is very large (I think) and does a good job. I have had it for about 2 months, I ordered it from apollo and it came with 2 complete units. I did order extra tanks for it, as I used some cinnamon right away and cracked the tank quickly. The built in pass-through is nice and I find that I tend to use them while on-line as I can just plug them into the lap-top. Battery life for me has not been really good but with the pass-through that tends to not be a big issue for me. I have found juices that don't give me good flavor on my other devices (ego, LT, off-brand 808) will liven up on the elips. The device does lend itself to stealth vaping just becasue it is small enough to basically 'hide' in your hand. ;)

B4DJ1N64N

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 31, 2010
    Indonesia
    Thanks, everybody !

I'm ordering a SD Keyring, i'm decided.

@B4DJ1N64N I saw this configuration with the super mini Tank on another thread, I just love it !
    As I'm a user of tanks, this would be perfect, are the Boge carto all the same size ( 35 mm / 1,5 inch ) or is it a particular one ?
    Did you cut the tank of a DCT V2, or you bought one taht already that small ?
    Thanks !

Sorry for not replying. I use regular size Boge LR with a shortened Smoktech Slim DCT (a.k.a V2). Just cut 10mm of the tube.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread