Need help; want something more powerful than my Volt (eGo-C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfdp

Jun 15, 2012
Genoa City, WI
I currently have a Smokeless Image Volt kit, which don't get me wrong works extremely well, tastes pretty decent, and kicked my habit for the most part. But I'm looking to buy an eGo kit to have longer battery life, but most importantly a better hit. I see the twist battery, and one or two kits that include that. I would also like a refillable carto (tank?) that you can see the liquid, vs the Volt where it has to saturate the tampon thing.

There are soooo many kits out there, I don't know which one to grab. I'd want something of higher quality, as I'm willing to spend upwards of $100 for the kit if I have to. Are they all pretty much the same thing, with different branding and accessories? Or does the quality of the product go up with price?

Here are some kit's Iv'e found so far:
510 1000Mah Black Excaliber Ego Twist Kit [black Exc 1000 twist kit] - $56.00 : Vapors Choice, Ecigarettes & Parts
OVALE eGo-C ( Black ) - ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE (e-cigarette) :: elips-C eCab, ego-C, changeable system, ego-T, elips, liquid, juice, accessories
AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | eGo-C Starter Kit - Joye
Joye eGo-C (Tank) Kit [235] - $85.00 : Vermont Vapor, The Smoking Alternative
https://www.cignot.com/product_p/kit-egc-all.htm

Btw I prefer Menthol w/ a high nicotine (on Volt's Ice Menthol 18mg right now). Tried a 70/30 PG/VG Mix, my stomach can't handle all the VG although only 30%, the Volt's 10% VG works for me.

An off the question here: First e-cig I tried was a disposable 'Jak' brand from the gas station, and I loved the flavor, anybody have a juice similar to that?

I know I'm asking a lot and telling you guys what 'I' prefer/want, but I really appriciate any advice and info you have for me, and other newbs to the game! Thanks!

Prospect

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2012
the 7th layer of hell
Welcome! I agree you are going to want an ego twist kit so that you can crank up the voltage.

510 1000Mah Black Excaliber Ego Twist Kit [black Exc 1000 twist kit] - $56.00 : Vapors Choice, Ecigarettes & Parts

This is actually the kit I would recommend, from the website I would recommend :D

Also I dont really like the ego tanks that the kit comes with, the best thing you can get for your money is probably a vivi nova tank.
This site offers them with free shipping!
https://www.surevapes.com/Vision-Vivi-Nova-35ML-v25_p_113.html

Another factor you may want to consider for throat hit is the resistance of your tank or cartomizer. This tank comes with 3 different adaptors, 1.8ohm, 2.4ohm, and 2.8ohm. You want to use the 1.8ohm for maximum power.

Also what is the PG\VG ratio of the liquid you are using right now? If there is a high amount of VG you may want to get a higher PG liquid to increase the throat hit.

Edit: I'm not sure if this interests you because you said you did not want a cartomizer where you can not see the liquid but these are clear cartos. There is still a filler inside but you can see through it if not knowing when it is completely full is one of the problems for you. If you just don't like the cartomizers ignore this.
https://www.surevapes.com/eGo-Mega-Dual-Coil-Cartomizer-Flat-Tip--Clear_p_184.html

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Agree with klynn. Just get yourself a couple of Twists (a 650mah gets you 6 - 7 hours with heavy vaping so use this as a guide) and a Mini Vivi Nova. GotVapes is a good place to get them or Carolina Vapes as well. Some give you extra heads, some don't so you have to comparison shop as well. I think Carolina Vapes gives you two spare heads and GV's doesn't give you any but I could be wrong. Don't forget to get the eGO charger.

Welcome to CAROLINA VAPES - Specializing in Handmade Mods

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
You say you want a long lasting battery....one that will work with your tank/clearomizer system and is "eGo". Can't get more "eGo" than Joyetech. And this hoss uses a replaceable 18650 2200mAh battery...has a replaceable switch ...assorted colors for the (replaceable) tube...is a great price, and is sort-of "variable voltage". It can be toggled between regulated voltage and unregulated. The website explains it. I got one and LOVE it. Not too big like some devices (LavaTube, Lambo, etc.) yet powerful and VERY good vapor production and durablility. This is a really good mod! Joyetech eGo-T Mod 18650 2200mAh Device - MyFreedomSmokes.com

I think the twist is your best bet. If I were to buy a new battery today it would be a twist model. Although, I am currently using firefly batteries, I am also waiting for them to die so that I can justify a twist battery. The nova is pretty nice too. Being able to replace the heads for only a few $$ is a huge plus. I have a nova and I also have a few clearomizers just because I like to mix things up. Best thing I can tell you is to find out if there is an e-cig store nearby so you can take a look at them firsthand and maybe try them out.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
I currently have a Smokeless Image Volt kit, which don't get me wrong works extremely well, tastes pretty decent, and kicked my habit for the most part. But I'm looking to buy an eGo kit to have longer battery life, but most importantly a better hit. I see the twist battery, and one or two kits that include that. I would also like a refillable carto (tank?) that you can see the liquid, vs the Volt where it has to saturate the tampon thing.

There are soooo many kits out there, I don't know which one to grab. I'd want something of higher quality, as I'm willing to spend upwards of $100 for the kit if I have to. Are they all pretty much the same thing, with different branding and accessories? Or does the quality of the product go up with price?

Here are some kit's Iv'e found so far:
OVALE eGo-C ( Black ) - ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE (e-cigarette) :: elips-C eCab, ego-C, changeable system, ego-T, elips, liquid, juice, accessories
AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | eGo-C Starter Kit - Joye
Joye eGo-C (Tank) Kit [235] - $85.00 : Vermont Vapor, The Smoking Alternative
https://www.cignot.com/product_p/kit-egc-all.htm

Btw I prefer Menthol w/ a high nicotine (on Volt's Ice Menthol 18mg right now). Tried a 70/30 PG/VG Mix, my stomach can't handle all the VG although only 30%, the Volt's 10% VG works for me.

An off the question here: First e-cig I tried was a disposable 'Jak' brand from the gas station, and I loved the flavor, anybody have a juice similar to that?

I know I'm asking a lot and telling you guys what 'I' prefer/want, but I really appriciate any advice and info you have for me, and other newbs to the game! Thanks!

The ego-c won't give you vv, which by the sounds if it is what you want. I do not agree with the person who says to use the lowest head on the vivi nova on a twist, the lr stuff is made for 3.7 volt items to give the same results of a higher voltage. So the lr stuff may drain your battery faster.

The general rule of thumb is 100 mah = 1 hour vape time. Tho VV and other things such as the restanice of the delivery system will cause that to vary.

Now your delivery system and your juice will play a bigger part in the hit you are getting than the battery does, with the exception of VV where you can change your voltage, most batteries do the same thing within their mah.

nic = nic level and throat hit
pg = enhanced flavor and throat hit
vg = muted flavor and throat hit with added vapor

Also drinking enough water will play a part in your experience while vaping.

Tho if you really want long battery life, and vv you might want to also check out some of the apv's that take replaceable batteries. Most of them are no where near the size they look in pictures so never go off picture alone to gage size. I made that mistake and recently found out some of the ones I thought where really big are no bigger than what I had.

Carto's are made of metal, so unless you punch them or get pre-punched so you can use a tank you won't be able to see your juice level, and cartos have the filling you have to saturate. You might want to try a clearo or something like the vivi nova instead. Tho they do seem to mute weaker flavors some.

voodoocharlie

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2012
Woodbridge, Va
I know the volt has a great following almost like a cult, but higher voltage does give a better hit and they don't have it. I had to buy a twist just to see.

I'm one of those cult following people and personally I was in the same shoes as the MOD of the thread. What I did because I loved the way I was treated with Volt. I stayed with Volt I went to there X2 battery Got more run time. I hated the carto's so I went with there CE3's this gave me a Visable view of my juice. The beauty behind staying with volt is there X2 batteries have both EGO and 808 threads so I can use stuf designed for ego as well as the 808 and my CE3's I put on both my mini and my X2. Now when I wanted more throat hit I chose to go with Vape dudes 100% PG Juice and that tends to be working for me

Jewell

Sep 15, 2012
Chicago, IL, USA
I was in a similar situation, wanting more of a hit and much better battery life than I was getting from the cig-alike I had tried before, and several people recommended the EGo Twist batteries. I just yesterday got the EGo-C starter kit from cignot that you included in your links, & I opted for 2 EGo Twist batteries and low-resistance atomizer heads.
I definitely notice a difference in a better hit when i have the voltage turned up to 4 and above. And the battery life is so much better.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

cfdp

Jun 15, 2012
Genoa City, WI
So I got my eGo kit from Vapor's Choice a few days ago.

The hit is much stronger, as I notice myself puffing on it a lot less vs. the K08 Volt. I love the twist, my sweet spot is 3.7 volts w/ still my fav 18mg Volt Ice Menthol liquid. Still yet to find another liquid that tastes as good..

Few minor problems; The button sticks sometimes, not really sticks, but it will stay on even when I'm done vaping my hit, so I notice it makes noise, the light stays on, and I have to press it again. Then I get the delicious burnt flavor for the next hit :p. It also leaks, at the top where the black mouth piece sits, as well as near the bottom.
So maybe I just got a cheaper kit? If that's the case, I can deal w/ the issues, and upgrade later on to something like an Ovale kit.

A question for you guys, where can I buy a clearomizer/cartomizer thing, that is less pronounced? Something smaller and more sleek really. Just kinda ugly lookin' if you ask me. But works good none-the-less.

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
I'm one of those cult following people and personally I was in the same shoes as the MOD of the thread. What I did because I loved the way I was treated with Volt. I stayed with Volt I went to there X2 battery Got more run time. I hated the carto's so I went with there CE3's this gave me a Visable view of my juice. The beauty behind staying with volt is there X2 batteries have both EGO and 808 threads so I can use stuf designed for ego as well as the 808 and my CE3's I put on both my mini and my X2. Now when I wanted more throat hit I chose to go with Vape dudes 100% PG Juice and that tends to be working for me

I'm on the same page as you voodoocharlie! I now have three X2's , two 900mah which on a full charge have lasted me over 1 1/2 days of vaping and a 650mah which I love due to the size. Just ordered another 650mah manual (I am a sucker for colors) but continually use my 78mm's (3 of those also) for out and about. I love the simplicity, sleekness, and ease of use with the Volts. And with their ever expanding choices, X2 clearos and the T3's coming mid-October, the CE3's and the Nano's, etc. it is an exciting time to be a customer of theirs.

Being new to vaping, I can't say that through reading these forums, I haven't been tempted to wander off the path so to speak, however I have noticed especially new vapors have made a comment about 3.7v being their sweet spot, and that is exactly what the Volt offers. Since my daughter and son have both entered the "vaping world", it is much wiser for me to stick with something I know works for me. Not to mention a little easier on my finances.

Attachments

• visamas1_e0.gif
    visamas1_e0.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread