most realistic looking e-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

vallez93

Feb 7, 2011
Jacksonville FL
hello, i am new to e cigs, and i have already purcheased a kr808 from v4l, i am very happy with the product it works very well and has exceeded my expectations. but i really hate how big and bulky it is and the blue led. what im looking for is an ecig that looks and feels like a real cigarette. I have seen some good reviews about the Red Dragon e cig, but i am curious if there are others and which one is the best for your money.

any input would be much appreciated, thanks

Airbrusher

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2010
Garden Grove, Ca.
I am no sherlock when it comes to different models of pv but I would try to get across that it's not just the look of it that will help you quit cigarettes. In general rule, the smaller the pv (ecig) that you use, battery size the shorter it will last before needing to be recharged. In my limited experience at a vaper one of the most annoying things was the quick turn around time for having to recharge. It can become quite a hurdle for your enjoyment. Just keep that in mind when you are looking around. In general the the higher the Mah rating the longer the battery last... in general.
My first one was the V4L shorty PCC kit which got me off the cigarettes but as I leaned on it more and more it's small size became a liability.
How much did you smoke and for how long?

AB

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
There's quite a few e-cig's that look just like an analog. I had one when I first started because I wanted to simulate smoking as nearly as possible. That was my mistake. It performed poorly, cost a lot of $$$, and needed constant recharging. I quickly moved on. I found, just as most of the people here on ECF have, that performance is more important than the way it looks. None of those cigarette looking PV's will perform well and they're overpriced for the most part.

If you're determined to get something that looks like a cig you can find them at a decent price. I'm not aware of exactly where because I wouldn't consider buying one so haven't researched them at all. I wouldn't pay more than about $20 for a starter kit though. Maybe someone else will come along with more information.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I hate to say it, but you aren't going to find an e-cig that looks and feels like a real cigarette that will make you happy. Those that try to imitate the real thing perform like crap. The battery life is extremely short, they will die quickly and the cartomizers will vape inconsistently. Vaping requires compromise and the biggest compromise is looks. Most people who try the cigarette look alikes get over that requirement very quickly. Even light smokers will find that the performance is much better with either a regular 510 or a KR808D-1 model.

Vaping cannot duplicate the exact "feel" of a cigarette, but it can come close in terms of throat hit and the warmth of the vapor. If this is what you're looking for then you will definitely need to give up on finding one that looks like the real thing. There's no way that any of them will be able to produce the throat hit or the warmth because they just don't have enough power.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I would not recommend anything smaller than a white Joye 510 - if you use a cartomizer with it then it will look like a cigarette but probably with a black filter and will be 100mm long with a standard Boge 510 soft-cap carto and just a bit fatter than a cig. Very small feeling compared to the KR8. In its default state as a 3-piece I think it only looks like a cig in all black but then it has a blue LED. Check Cignot,com, FreedomSmokeUSA and elsewhere - more black around but you should be able to find real Joye brand in white.

If you want something that doesn't work as well but looks like a cig, go to MyPVShop.com and get M402 in white w/ red LED - I recommend manual batteries - it is very slim and has a hard drag. Choose white battery, white atomizer, tan carts. Tiny carts BTW like all super-minis - you have to push up the tiny juice cup with a paper clip to add juice and you will be doing that often. You can probably find a white M401 kit elsewhere for less money. I bought at MyPVSHop so I could mix colors. Good tasting but weak hit, tiny annoying carts. Same diameter as a cigarette.

Last edited:

bwood12043

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2008
East Texas
I hope you find something that fits your wants, but I cannot honestly say that I think you will.

In fact, having been vaping for 2.5 years, and totally off cigarettes for 2 years, even if there WAS a good-performing PV that looked like a cigarette, I would not purchase that one.

I have found that the more it "looks" like a cigarette, the more grief you will get when vaping in "no smoking" areas, and I don't run into that issue much since using PV's that don't look anything like a cigarette.

I know that's probably NOT what you want to hear, but it has become the overwhelming concensus with veteran vapers. Performance and satisfaction and low maintenance become the main issues in my experience.

Good luck in your search and welcome to the adventure of vaping... it is quite an extraordinary quest !

lostknitter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Lee's Summit, MO
I have to agree with most of the other posters, I started with a 510 because it is close to the size of a regular cigarette and I was afraid I would look like I was smoking a big ole weird cigar with the others. The 510 is OK, but I need something that is going to be as easy and hassle free as possible in order for me to stick with it, so I just ordered an Inferno T. I think that the constant charging and refilling the 510 requires would send me back to analogs because they are so dang easy to use. I'm sure there will be times when the 510 will come in handy, but no way is it easy enough to be my every day/all day choice. I hope you find what will work for you, we all have our own tastes. Jeni

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Everyone does that same thing when they first start including me. You'll soom find out performance, cost and availability mean more. I have ecigs everywhere and have seen very many too. I would say the closest your going to find to an actual analog would be the one Smokers Delite has. It even has the little lines that cigarettes have on their paper. Costs a little more but if your going for look and feel thats the one. A close second would be the one Smoke Stik sells. Same company as the one katherine Heigl used on David Letterman.
I got passed that stage fast and now I'm using The Infinity from Notcig. It is many times larger and mine is chrome but I'm not worried about looks any longer. It's performance that counts now.
Good luck.

Last edited:

OwnedByAGrey

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2011
Pennsylvania
For me, the foremost concern was that I quit smoking. I didn't care if my PV looked like an analog or a car muffler. I decided to start with a Riva 510 (an eGo reproduction) with two 650 mAh batts and one 1000 mAh batt with a pass through. The 650 mAh batt is the same diameter of a small cigar.

At my age, I don't care what people "think". In fact, I am seriously considering some batts in different colors: green, pink, red, purple, blue. Point is, you have to weigh your concern about what other people may "think", which means absolutely nothing on the whole if you're doing this for your own health, against your end goal - to quit smoking.

If you really, really want to quit, you'll be pleasantly surprised to find that the 510s are not as terribly bulky as you might think, that any difference outweighs your trepidations, and that your quest to stop smoking will be a very enjoyable and effective one.

If you think you can handle getting alot of extra batts, chargers, and other supplies, make sure you have a couple of those extra batts charging at all times, and are willing to do frequent refills - and some people do - then do what's right for you. Be warned, though, that you'll probably quickly decide to upgrade. Just my very humble opinion.

We do hope you end up joining us as a vaper! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread