Most underrated RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I thought it would be interesting to hear some people's ideas on what their most underrated but actually amazing rda that they own is? Something that maybe didn't get the attention that you think it should have.

For me it's the Kaees Aladdin. I absolutely love that rda it gives me great flavor. It has this triple airflow thing one on the top one in the middle and one on the very bottom. Looking at it you would think that you would not be able to squonk with it until you see how the deck is and you realise that bottom airflow actually comes up above where the liquid comes in. Even people that owned it say that when they squonk it leaks but I haven't managed to make it leak. This has a deep well and you can get the juice up there for fast wicking without going over the airflow. I personally like to use the middle and bottom airflow and cut off the top.

Last edited:

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Elder Dragon. Think it's better than the Recurve with the same deck but doesn't get as much love as it. Honorable mention for the Hugsvape Theseus.
I could not agree with you more about the Elder Dragon being better than the recurve and it blows the recurve dual out of the water!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I miss my Manta V2. I had two. One broke and the other was used for parts. Then it broke again. Then they weren't available anymore.

Profile RDAiRDA better and I have multiples, now.

I'm on my last MantaV2 out of 6 that I bought in 2015. I feel your pain.

A recent addition is the BioChip RDA; no leaks, perfect airflow, good flavor and very over squonk proof. :thumbs:
I should have bought more than two. :facepalm:

Cheers
I

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I'm on my last MantaV2 out of 6 that I bought in 2015. I feel your pain.

A recent addition is the BioChip RDA; no leaks, perfect airflow, good flavor and very over squonk proof. :thumbs:
I should have bought more than two. :facepalm:

Cheers
I
I knew another long-time member had an equal or greater affinity for the Manta V2! Couldn't remember it was you. Honestly, though, the Profile RDA has given me the best vape to date. Going to look at the biochip rda now...:toast:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I knew another long-time member had an equal or greater affinity for the Manta V2! Couldn't remember it was you. Honestly, though, the Profile RDA has given me the best vape to date. Going to look at the biochip rda now...:toast:
Guilty! I'm crazy for the MantaV2 single coiled w/two airflow holes! :wub::wub::wub:

The Biochip (My new favorite!) seems to like a 2.5mm simple round wire coil. At 3mm, the airflow misses the top of the coil and causes buildup/crust. 26 AWG @~.5-.6Ω on a mech or 19 watts regulated.
The only niggle is the Biochip likes a right hand wrapped coil. Being a lefty, my coil faces down.

I looked (hard and long) at the Profile, but side airflow and I make a huge mess. (silently ruminates about the Kelpie)

Cheers
I

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
The Ample Mace deserved a lot more attention imo. The two post builddeck works great, and it's way better executed than most other compareable decks with its big beefy posts and screws.
You can get massive airflow, but cutting it down doesn't impact the performance either and is very smooth and quiet almost all across the board. It is a bit swooshy only when it's fully open, but closing it down just a hair eliminates that noise.
Surprisingly the flavor is right on par with even the best newer side airflow atties out there.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I miss my Manta V2. I had two. One broke and the other was used for parts. Then it broke again. Then they weren't available anymore.

Profile RDAiRDA better and I have multiples, now.

Hear hear! I second the Profile (I have v1.5), I just got it a fortnight ago and I like it for coils I've built AND I'm not going to lie I think mesh coils have a firm spot in my heart now. They've ruined me lol, the flavor is much better, the vapor is stronger and less spitty, and my batteries last probably 50% longer because it ramps up immediately. So easy to build on, and I love how it squonks directly into your wick. Literally no problems or grips with it!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I vote for the Profile, I have the original, but it’s ruined non-mesh attys altogether. Mesh is just so much more satisfying to me. Immediately ramping up and lots of delicious vapor, I feel we were always meant to be using mesh. Standard coils get fancy to try and increase surface area for more vapor but they increase mass which slows ramp up and taxes batteries harder. Mesh doesn’t have any of those problems.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
The Biochip (My new favorite!) seems to like a 2.5mm simple round wire coil. At 3mm, the airflow misses the top of the coil and causes buildup/crust. 26 AWG @~.5-.6Ω on a mech or 19 watts regulated.
The only niggle is the Biochip likes a right hand wrapped coil. Being a lefty, my coil faces down.
Isn't the BioChip awesome? I love mine, and yes, it is underrated. I never tried anything larger than 2.5mm id in mine. When I took my 3mm coiling rod to it I thought it was too big for the design of the RDA. Same is true of the NarEA and Squape Seven, they like 2.5's, both are fine underrated RDA's too.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Atmizoo Creek, I have a couple, always in rotation with a handful of others.

Soul S RDA, also stands out as underrated, big time.

Hussar v2 RDA, kicks .....

There are others. :)
One of these days I hope to stumble across an atmizoo product for cheap LOL I think they have a lot of interesting and innovative ideas especially considering airflow

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Isn't the BioChip awesome? I love mine, and yes, it is underrated. I never tried anything larger than 2.5mm id in mine. When I took my 3mm coiling rod to it I thought it was too big for the design of the RDA. Same is true of the NarEA and Squape Seven, they like 2.5's, both are fine underrated RDA's too.
It really is pretty awesome...:thumbs::thumbs:
I have 5 more in the basket...currently.
Coil-wise, I have landed on 28AWG SS316 @2.5mm simple round wire builds as my go to in the Biochip.
Mech or reg.
Great flavor, super easy to build, easy to wick, no leaks, squonks well, doesn't get hot and cheap as chips. (no pun intended)
I like that I never have to worry about my wire ends and shorting to the body or cap. The design is very well thought out and works perfectly, IMO.
Wick and coil life seem shorter than expected, but overall I am very very pleased with the Biochip.

Cheers
I

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
Good question!

I love that RDA that came with my USV MechOn3. I don't know even if it has a name, but it's flavour is great and it makes a lot of clouds, as I like most. I think people know it as MechOn3 RDA. It's simply my most used RDA since I bought it, and I always be aware I couldn't find another to buy as replacement in case of some accident.

I like a lot, too, my VandyVape Glaz. Beautiful and capable of offering a lot of flavour and vapour as well. This one I really have to take care, since one of its glasses topcaps broke already, so I have only one. This I need to buy a backup as soon as possible.

Last edited:

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Good question!

I love that RDA that came with my USV MechOn3. I don't know even if it has a name, but it's flavour is great and it makes a lot of clouds, as I like most. I think people know it as MechOn3 RDA. It's simply my most used RDA since I bought it, and I always be aware I couldn't find another to buy as replacement in case of some accident.

O like a lot, too, my VandyVape Glaz. Beautiful and capable of offering a lot of flavour and vapour as well. This one I really have to take care, since one of its glasses topcaps broke already, so I have only one. This I need to buy a backup as soon as possible.
I was pleasantly surprised with that atomizer as well because typically what I feel they do is they throw an atomizer just a random generic rda usually velocity style but poorly executed RDA on top of it to increase the marketability. But just like with the original coral on the Pico squeeze I was pleasantly surprised with the topper to the Mach

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
It's actually the only RDA I have (and was part of "survival kit" that you can make several things with)... the Aspire Quad Flex.
It is a dual coil "velocity" style deck and comes with two caps (low or high side airflows) Also, you can build it single coil with single side airflow. It was a fun kit to play with and included a Nautilus X drop-in coil MTL tank. You can even build it as a RDTA (works great but no good way to fill it so I gave up) Got the whole kit for $10 clearance sale ;)

Reactions: HigherStateD

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
It's actually the only RDA I have (and was part of "survival kit" that you can make several things with)... the Aspire Quad Flex.
It is a dual coil "velocity" style deck and comes with two caps (low or high side airflows) Also, you can build it single coil with single side airflow. It was a fun kit to play with and included a Nautilus X drop-in coil MTL tank. You can even build it as a RDTA (works great but no good way to fill it so I gave up) Got the whole kit for $10 clearance sale ;)
I think I paid around $10 for it too and it works pretty darn well!

• Agree
Reactions: HigherStateD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread