Airflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
Which do u guys prefer. Bottom airflow, middle airfow, or top airflow. The akennedy has botto airflow. Huge vapor little flavor. The Cosmonaut and Layercake is middle airflow. Ive never used top airflow. Whats ur favorite?Top airflow wud leak less I think. Thats the only downfall to the Layercake. It can slightly leak if ur not careful to overdrip. And its supposed to be a sqonking rda but it really leaks if u sqonk. I never sqonk. I hate sqonking.

Reactions: stols001

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
Takes a bit of practice is all. Haven’t seen you mentioning you had a squonk mod.
I dont. My wife had one at one time. It made a horrible mess. Neither one of us ended up using it. It makes me mad rdas r coming with sqonk pins and u have to change out the pin. The Layercake came with a sqonk pin installed. I threw it in the trash.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I dont. My wife had one at one time. It made a horrible mess. Neither one of us ended up using it. It makes me mad rdas r coming with sqonk pins and u have to change out the pin. The Layercake came with a sqonk pin installed. I threw it in the trash.
You should have hung onto the pin. It is as simple as removing the topcap a couple times while pressing the bottle to judge how hard to press.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Get a Recurve rda and try squonking again, I think you will change your mind about squonking.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
    Aug 14, 2018
    To answer your original post I prefer the convenience of top af. Took a year for the designers to get it right but many top air rtas are pretty successful.
    Have u heard of the vaporz cloud maker rda. It has top airflow. It looked like it wud be a good rda. I wonder if u can drip from the top on it.

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Have u heard of the vaporz cloud maker rda. It has top airflow. It looked like it wud be a good rda. I wonder if u can drip from the top on it.
    I don’t drip much so don't follow them closely. I'm very happy with my Recurve and DPro mini, both single coil side af. Single coil rtas are my sweet spot. OBS ENGINE Nano, Augvape Intake, and OBS Crius 2 single are my favorites.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Answered this in your other thread. Some do some don't. More dependant on build and wick skills than a rda.
    I've found that a RDA is more forgiving to wicking errors than a RTA. Some RTA's can be quite tricky to wick properly.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I've found that a RDA is more forgiving to wicking errors than a RTA. Some RTA's can be quite tricky to wick properly.
    True. Takes a couple tries to hit most rda sweet spots, could take a dozen on a rta.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    My Crius is bottom af but I find the flavor better in my top af Nanos. Granted my Nanos have been my daily drivers since the release and I only break out the crius occasionally. It's all about what you're looking for when it comes to vaping Ephraim. For your style of vaping I would recommend a dual coil bottom af rta with a larger deck. Not my cup of tea so I can't recommend a specific rta to you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread