Moving up from a vision spinner to...mod help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmrr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Carrollton, GA, USA
My upgrades so far - evic, mvp2 shine (pink skull), vtr & reo on the way. in the price range mvp2 + nautilus tank are excellent. imho - evic has the easiest and best screen for customizing your vape, mvp2 has the best battery life, and vtr is the most worry-free for throwing in a purse. all are very easy to learn. reo, whole new world which I can't wait to try.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
And just curious, what if price isn't an issue? Not just to throw money away but if something is really worth the investment I'd consider moving some things around in my budget... For the long haul. ;)

If price isn't an issue, I will recommend the Provari for sure (see my avatar =]). Most others will too.

Price not being an issue for me, the Gi2. That thing is absolutely nuts. Surpised it's not a cell phone as well. Also, the Darwin is super interesting as well, but the form factor is more appropriate for cartomizers or smaller tanks like mini protanks. Certainly not kayfuns for gennys.

Price not being an issue, for long term usage/reliability/durability the Provari is most certainly the way to go. Reo mods get a lot of attention too, but I don't know a whole lot about them

Dolly Dagger

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Idaho, USA
I'm looking at getting the SVD in the next few weeks and eventually the eVic :) everyone loves the MVP but I'm not sure I can get past the boxiness...at least without decorating it up anyway :p

I'm thinking about making some skins, and REALLY thinking of buying a bunch of aurora borealis crystals from eBay to cover it with. ;)
This wouldn't affect the battery in any way would it? (Venting, etc.)
I suppose not since people cover them with skins or cases already.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I'm thinking about making some skins, and REALLY thinking of buying a bunch of aurora borealis crystals from eBay to cover it with. ;)
This wouldn't affect the battery in any way would it? (Venting, etc.)
I suppose not since people cover them with skins or cases already.

Maaaybe if it were a mechanical mod, but my guess is that you probably aren't considering those. As many perks as they have, they are rather advanced and require a solid understanding of the electrical forces that make a mod work.

Covering it with bling would only affect it or become dangerous if you were to do so in a way that blocked vent holes. For example the Provari has a small hole on the battery cap, appears to be about 5/64 inch. If I'm not mistaken, the purpose of that hole is to act as a vent, for fumes/gasses if the battery were ever to fail, leak or explode. On the Provari, the odds of this are minuscule. I don't think I've ever read of somebody having a battery that was designed for the Provari (AW IMR) explode in the Provari. This could be a different story if someone used an inappropriate battery for the device.

Mechanical mods can be dangerous too because they have no regulation. They don't turn themselves off when something goes wrong because they have no sensors that monitor what's happening. Regulated PV's do. A shorted atomizer or bad battery has the potential to explode in someones face in a mechanical if something goes wrong. I believe most mechanical mods have some sort of vents built into them to channel the gasses in these rare situations. If you owned a device like this, blinging it out may not be the greatest idea.

Don't think much of that really applies to you though, so bling away!

Dolly Dagger

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Idaho, USA
I certainly hope mine doesn't blow up in my face. That's frightening! I never realized this was a possibility until reading a battery safety post yesterday. Scared the bejeezus out of me. Respect. :)

I'm going to brainstorm ways to make some skins I can switch out. I don't have a vinyl printer or anything fancy but I'm alright at stickers, glitter & mod podge. ;)
I was even thinking of some ways I could use acrylic to seal in some glitter/stickers on some cheap clearos. If it doesn't work...oops. My bad. I like to customize.

Danolink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2014
Lincoln NE.
I certainly hope mine doesn't blow up in my face. That's frightening! I never realized this was a possibility until reading a battery safety post yesterday. Scared the bejeezus out of me. Respect. :)

I'm going to brainstorm ways to make some skins I can switch out. I don't have a vinyl printer or anything fancy but I'm alright at stickers, glitter & mod podge. ;)
I was even thinking of some ways I could use acrylic to seal in some glitter/stickers on some cheap clearos. If it doesn't work...oops. My bad. I like to customize.
Free wraps how to over at MVP owners thread. Haping vaping. Welcome to the MVP owners club. :vapor:

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
brother has the mvp its real cool but Im pretty interested in the VTR just like how the clearomizer hope im using the right term is incased the box design

Haha I don't believe there is an official term. I've actually seen posts here and there where people ground off the ring (removed it) to enable the VTR to accept larger atomizer systems. Doing that will enable it to accept Genesis and Kayfun style attys and really make that device rock and roll.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington

As long as your being safe and not trying intense sub-ohm builds on a device that isn't designed for it. Like I may have said in prior posts, I'm a genesis atty guy and I think they look a little funky on top of box mods. I don't do sub ohming on mine though, I like to run my ohms a little higher, but I have some 26ga kanthal on the way so I can build a large size microcoil with a lot of wraps and still keep my ohms down. I do so many wraps with my 28 ga that my ohms have now climbed to 2.8. MVP2 wouldn't be able to fire that very well, but my provari is doing pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread