The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Movkin Disguiser

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Steven Pye, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Steven Pye

Steven Pye Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Herkimer NY
    Movkin Disguiser arrived today--- grabbed the Melo 3 and ECR head that I had out of my vape chest to give it a try, sweet little unit. Later tonight I am going to put the adapter bar in and add a RDA to the top so I can crank up the watts and see how she pushes. GEDC1261.JPG

2. Steven Pye

Aug 26, 2012
    Herkimer NY
    First go at it with the extension rod- sitting on top of the mod is a Velocity Mini clone. The extension rod works perfect. changes it over to a nice dripper in a flash. The only downside to this mod so far is that it has an auto shut off feature if it has been sitting inactive for too long. GEDC1268.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  3. Highwayman1224

Highwayman1224 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2012
    Goodyear, AZ
    Got mine yesterday and really like it. Using my Wotofo Serpent in it. Just using the driptip adapter without a driptip & really like it. 20160604_173200.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. SteveS45

SteveS45 Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I see you both chose the Black also I totally like the Disguier and the only thing I wish they offered was the ability to adjust the wattage with increments less than the 1 watt. If you are vaping at 70 to 100 watts half a watt is not a big deal but when you run at lower wattage as I do between 8 to 12 that 1/2 watt is a world of difference.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Zipslack

Zipslack Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2013
    Wesson, MS, USA
    I was thinking the other day that it needed a graduated power function. 0.1W up to 20W, 0.5W increments up to 50, 1W increments to 75, and 5W increments on up to 150W.

Does anybody actually carry their Disguiser, or is it a "stay-at-home" mod because of the size?

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteveS45

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    @Zipslack that is a very good thought as I had a person recently who said he vapes at 100 watts and never goes 99.5 or 100.5 and I had to "explain" that at 100W .5 watts would be .5% and at 10W .5 would be 20%.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Zipslack

Zipslack Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2013
    Wesson, MS, USA
    Since I mainlt MTL at 8-12 watts, I really appreciate the small increments in that range. Anything over 50-75W, I don't see any reason not to have bigger jumps. Like you said, percentages are a big deal (or not) depending on where you are at.

8. SteveS45

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    Yes, your suggestion of the incremental for up to 20 watts was a very good one in my opinion. Although I have a Wismec Reuleaux DNA 200w that is .1 Watt increments all the way up. I usually only vape at X.5 Watts even with my iStick TC40w. It was a joke in a thread about vaping at 11.9 watts or 10.3 watts.

9. Steven Pye

Aug 26, 2012
    Herkimer NY
    For me it is not really a good pocket mod for on the go- I use mine when sitting back and watching TV............... has anyone been able to find who is selling the add on parts like the door cover? I want a few colors to customize the look[/QUOTE]

10. SteveS45

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I have carried my Disguiser 150w and just last weekend. I used a fanny pack that I use for when I ride my mountain bike.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Steven Pye

Aug 26, 2012
    Herkimer NY
    fanny pack is a good idea- I might go that route

12. SteveS45

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I have been thinking about some sort of nylon belt holder like for tools but the pack was there so I used it. Also worked great to carry the extra tanks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bongobreak

bongobreak Full Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Norfolk, England
    I have just ordered a black one of these - a bundle with the matched RTA (JC25) and a slick looking red cover - can't wait to try it, looks very tidy, hopefully I'll be able to use my Griffin or Serpent, but the JC25 looks great anyway and has a decent capacity (6ml)

Have any of you guys had any leaking issues?

Forewarned is forearmed as they say, and of course as someone once said...."if it doesn't leak, you're not filling it full enough!"

14. Steven Pye

Aug 26, 2012
    Herkimer NY
    I can't help you my friend, I never owned the JC25, but I need your help--- where did you purchase the red cover? I was looking back when I first got it and could not find a supplier---
    I would love to tech my black one out with the red or green cover

• Like Like x 1
  15. bongobreak

bongobreak Full Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Norfolk, England
    Hi Steven, I hesitated to recommend my supplier earlier since you reside in the states (I'm in UK), but FYI - I got mine from UKecigstore.com - I just checked the price now, it's £4.99 - available colours are Tiffany blue, red, white and black, and they're in stock.
    Not sure if they ship overseas, can't see any reason why not - hope this helps, good luck friend.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SteveS45

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    Might get hammered on the shipping from the UK to the USA.

• Like Like x 2
  17. bongobreak

bongobreak Full Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Norfolk, England
    I was thinking the same - just checked and they do ship overseas, no pricing though, but indeed it may be pricey!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Steven Pye

Aug 26, 2012
    Herkimer NY
    thanks for the help Bongobreak, and SteveS45 ---- I will check on if they ship to US and freight price.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteveS45

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I just Googled it and came up with some suppliers in the US and a couple of Chinese companies. It would suck to have to pay $12 shipping for a $5 part.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SteveS45

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    Being it is so easily removable you could paint it with some tough epoxy paint.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.