Status
Not open for further replies.

CayCay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2011
Austin TX
I'm 30 years old and tasted chocolate covered toffee for the first time over Christmas. As with anything yummy my first thought is, "I wonder if T has this?" =)
So anyways, as I'm waiting for my chocolate toffee to come to me I decided to try to make it (the candy not the juice). It was a success and super yummy. On the other hand, the caramel sauce was not a success. My wrist is bandaged up. Who knew boiling sugar could take off layers of skin? =(

Have you been in the kitchen lately?

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL
I'm 30 years old and tasted chocolate covered toffee for the first time over Christmas. As with anything yummy my first thought is, "I wonder if T has this?" =)
So anyways, as I'm waiting for my chocolate toffee to come to me I decided to try to make it (the candy not the juice). It was a success and super yummy. On the other hand, the caramel sauce was not a success. My wrist is bandaged up. Who knew boiling sugar could take off layers of skin? =(

Ouch cay cay.... :(

So...when can I come over and sample your hard work :) Literally made with blood, sweat, and plenty of tears.

Tempus Fugit

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Mos Eisley, Tatooine, Outer Rim

I was in the kitchen a week or two ago making something I hadn't had in years that I loved when I was a kid. Anyone remember Shake and Bake? I made about a dozen chicken legs and it was great. I began to wonder why we don't have a Shake and Bake ejuice... Well, before I got on the phone and requested it from T, I guess I came to my senses. It's amazing what chicken fumes from the oven do to me I guess. Or... maybe I have a natural gas leak...

Brandon
Ms T's Bakery

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
Here's a caramel sauce kitchen cheat.

Can of sweetened condensed milk, your choice what kind.

Take paper label off can.

Put in pot of water.

Bring to a boil, let boil about a minute or two.

Turn off.

With hands covered! Pick can up with tongs, or hold top of can and drain water out of pot.

Keep hands covered. Remove can from pot, if you have not already, place on heat safe surface. Open can with what is known as a "Church Key" opener. Pour out creamy caramel sauce.

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
CayCay;

Yeah really! It is super sweet and creamy. I learned it in a restaurant many years ago. The sweetened canned milk trick. Any kind that says sweetened works, the sugar caramelizes. Served with gingered pears, yummy.

Weird toppings, a neighbor uses potato chips crushed on top of casseroles. I have never tried it, but her entire family says it is great. I just don't know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread