Mt Baker juice turning dark brown...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slabb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2012
St. Louis
Can anyone tell me what flavoring Mt Baker Vapor uses that turns some of their juice dark brown? I've gotten some great juice from them and they all taste fantastic, but there's a few that I've found (purple ice and albino drake recently) that start out clear or lightly tinted, but during the day, they start looking like some motor oil. Don't get me wrong, their juice is great, but it kills my coils within a day or two and turns very dark.

Any ideas?

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
Seems to me most juice that is not brown to start with heads that way eventually. I've only had one liquid that didn't go brown at all it was menthol. Pretty much everything else has browned over time and faster with the heat from vaping. This includes my DIY stuff by the way so I know nothing but flavoring was in it.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Me too. The only one for me that doesn't seem to take on a brown tinge or go all brown is menthol. It doesn't look as pretty but it tastes fine so I wasn't all that concerned.

Seems to me most juice that is not brown to start with heads that way eventually. I've only had one liquid that didn't go brown at all it was menthol. Pretty much everything else has browned over time and faster with the heat from vaping. This includes my DIY stuff by the way so I know nothing but flavoring was in it.

UncHellMatt

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2013
Boston
I have some of their Sugar Cookie which, initially, was about the same color as the cinnamon roll. Now it's deep, dark brown. Still tastes good (though not one of my favorites), and I still use it for priming my wicks. I've had it for about 2 months at this point. I've got some vanilla from another vendor, DIY Flavor Shack I believe, and it's gone from being sort of amber to being a dark-ish brown. Still good :)

Slabb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2012
St. Louis
Well I get the browning thing. My juices tend to get that brown tint over time as well. I'm talking from almost completely clear, to almost black in a day. It also caused my coil to just have a flat draw. Sorry for the description but I just can't think of a better way to describe the draw. I hope that makes sense.

Now I really like Lightning from MBV and it doesn't "burn" in my protank, but the Albino Drake had to be put in my tank killer pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread