Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
Ok guys I know quite a few of u who order from mount baker Vapor, and fully take advantage of that glorious extra shot option. My question is

1) What flavor did u order?
2) How many ml?
3) How many shots?
4) Was it how u wanted?

I just ask because I have to have, or thought I had to have strong flavors. I add 2 shots to a 15 ml bottle. For the most part that works, then I read some put 5 shots in and I don't know if that's a larger bottle or if it needed that much. I have read some flavors are lighter and need extra.

So I thought I would start a thread and get some of those answers here in one place. :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Butterscotch: definitely needs 3 shots of flavoring. I mean, it's good the way it comes, but if you're a butterscotch freak like me, you just can't pump it up enough. ;-)

Caramel candy: definitely 1 to 2 shots.

Honestly? I wouldn't experiment with the extra shots until you get a normal bottle first. Let it steep. Try it. If you like it, I suggest going 1 shot at a time.

Some flavors, like black licorice and pineapple upside down cake do NOT need extra shots of flavor.

Glad you're looking at MBV. They are my favorite juice vendors. Constantly re-ordering from them.

I've learned, if it's a buttery or creamy flavor, go with 1 extra shot. If it's a straight up sweet, spicy, or drink flavor, no need. They're good right out of the bottle.

EDIT: Forgot to answer your other questions.

I get 50 mls of butterscotch. For ten bucks, you simply cannot beat the price.
I get 15 mls of everything else because, although I do burn through them, my butterscotch lasts me a long time. But still, a 15 ml bottle, used in conjunction with my carto tanks, lasts me a little over 2 weeks. And I vape a LOT.

Last edited:

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
Thanks for the answers everyone and please keep them coming !! :)

To be honest I don't know what the actual shot is, maybe someone who knows will chime in, or u can always go to their thread, James is always very helpful.

So Rock, am I reading it right? 3 shots in a 50 ml of butterscotch? I put 2 shots in the 30 ml, and its perfect for me. U are right they are a great vendor, and James is a great owner.

I put 1 shot in the cinnamon red host, and that's plenty!! If u have never got it before I would say don't put any in, just the one shot makes this one a throat kicker!! But that's what I was going for.

I do have a problem tho, I ordered the vanilla cup cake, 30 ml, with 2 shots and its not enough. I prolli need at least 2 more. I hardly taste anything. I am going to let it steep awhile longer, but most likely I will buy another one and mix the 2

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
No prob, Lethalp.

3 shots in any sized bottle for the butterscotch, yep. It definitely needs that "kick", at least for me. One of my coworker's vapes nothing but MBV black licorice, and that most definitely does not need extra shots. He's as crazy about his black licorice as I am about my butterscotch, though, and he adds his own flavoring shots, too. If I hit his PV, it lingers on my tongue for quite some time!

Also, I do not vape anything cinnamon. Not because it cracks tanks, but because it burns my throat. It's like inhaling fire to me.

Like I said, anything "creamy" or "buttery" needs at least a couple of extra shots. 3 is where I draw the line though, unless I'm adding the flavoring myself.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, they mix your juice orders fresh. That means you more than likely need to steep it. A week after receiving it is usually enough steep time. Remember to shake it as often and as long as possible while letting it steep.

Last edited:

Srgrounds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2012
Minneapolis
That is a good question, and one I've been meaning to ask James and co. myself. I am so in love with their butterscotch that I actually bought some of their DIY flavoring... it's concentrated butterscotch flavor in a 15 ml bottle. I dripped about 10 drops into my 50 ml of butterscotch and WOWZA.

Hey Rocket, I got my 50 ml of Butterscotch today, I got one extra shot in it and been shaking it pretty good and I'm getting faint Butterscotch smell, maybe I didn't get enough shots? Or maybe it will get better steeping? I like your idea of adding the flavor yourself.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
It most definitely needs to steep. When it turns a dark amber hue, it's ready. I would say maybe a week or so after receiving it. 1 shot is good, but I've been having them add three shots... but now that I have the flavoring itself, I can bump it up. It's super cheap, too, only $3.00 for a 15 ml bottle of flavoring.

dupaloop3611

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
ohio
www.grandrapidseliquid.com
I will be getting two 15ml bottles of Ecto Cooler and Pumpkin Cookie with no extra shots very soon so I'll let you guys know. I've had their 15ml bottle of Gummy Bear and Arnold Palmer and they definitely don't need an extra shot. All bottles were 12mg of nic and 20/80 pg/vg. Happy vaping!

why not just get a 50ml of Ecto for $10??????

darkmader

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2012
Minnesota
Man, I could go nuts on this topic as I got my brother on e-cigs thanks to my twister that I got from MVS and then got 2 juices from there, which I wasn't impressed with. But after seeing the twister in action and going to MT with the extreme ice, it got him hooked and he went nuts.

He ended up buying 10 or so e-juices from them, some 50/50 others 80/20, some with 4 flavor shots, some with 0. Problem is that he got it with 0mg of nicotine. I didn't see this thread earlier, as if I did I wouldn't have done what I did, so I can't really comment now as my batches are tainted.

I bought a 100mg (PG) unflavored 3ml bottle of straight nicotine. I was going to go pure, but then read about it here and no way i'd touch that stuff unless I want to go Walter White. So I added 10 drops or so in all the 0mg, which I don't know the exact nic lvl, but it's better than 0 and my mind can play tricks on me that it does have enough nicotine as I've 2 months analog free, and don't wake up and think I NEEEEEEED to have a smoke with my coffee. Now it's just a hobby and I'm enjoying the hell out of it, and me being a tech person have to buy toys here and accessories there. It's expensive, but worth it.

To the point, if I would have saw this earlier I wouldn't have added the straight 100mg nicotine in it as it will taint what MT Vapor intended it to be in the first place so I shouldn't comment on these bottles I have now. I can say though for experience, I like the extreme ice which btw 50ml is in the mail right now as I killed my 30ml bottle thanks to my Mom too who has those tiny little e-cigs but it was costing her an arm and a leg to get the new TINY little carto's in a 5 pack or whatever, she is so 6 years ago :) With the Ice, I got it with no flavor shots the first time, and it was such a hit over here with my way younger brother's friends, and even my brother, who can't be around smoke or he gets migraines, was vaping like a .... here. So I got it again, 30ml this time, and added another flavor shot too, because bigger is better right? I'd say no. I know it's 25 cents per shot and you won't be homeless, but that is their signature blend and you really shouldn't mess with it. The 1 flavor shot added a bit more icy-hot kick to it, but don't mess with their batch, I bet they even take offense to you adding flavor shots to their top of the line, that's like having the waitress take your food back to the chef and say it's not good, add this or add that.

I'm a HUGE fan of MT though and will give honest opinions on what I've had from them, with flavor shots too to suit the subject.

I think the flavor shots are a gimmick. Yeah, it's only 25 cents to add an extra flavor shot, so you would think yeah! of course I want more flavor, who wouldn't, but trust me, James and company know what they're doing, and if they thought they needed another flavor shot they would add it, and then that is what it was supposed to be. They have 4 guys working on flavors alone, that's their main job.

Banana nut bread. People love it, it tastes like it. I added 1 flavor to that. Bad move, I think more flavor shots = wayyy to sweet or too powerful. People rave about this juice, it does taste like what you're getting, but skip that juice as if you hit caramel apple there is no need for the nut bread, it's better and you'd buy that over it. That was just a sample that they sent out for free (15ml) and people loved it. The extreme ice, did 1 flavor shot with steeping and couldn't tell a difference between that and my 0 shots. I did order a 50ml bottle 2 days ago though with 1 shot, but I will be steeping it w/o the cap for a while so I would think some the flavor/alcohol will wear off so that is the only reason why I did 1 flavor shot, I think the extra flavor will kill it.

2nd most popular e-juice from them is the ecto cooler bar none. Their customer support is amazing, and somehow while talking on the phone we got into the ecto juice as a kid, I remember it, and this is a big hit. Not a fan right now of it, have 30ml steeping and another 15ml of my brothers. It's not bad, it's just not an all-day vape for me, but I've used a ....ty carto on that too, so your miles will vary. And that goes will all juices........ If I had 9 vision vivi nova tanks, then I can try them fine and have a starting point. Some I hit with my nova, and I'll be blasting 3 more juices with my new cartos I got today.

I can list what I have here and how many flavor shots just for the hell of it, and vape them and go back on this forum. I'm new to vaping and when I get HQ grade nicotine that is 100MG and is unflavored (PG) i'm not sure if it would affect the taste at all, maybe somebody can chime in on that. I didn't go nuts either, all are 15ml bottles and added a good 12 drops to each bottle which were 0 to begin with.

Moo Juice - hated at the start, but now that its steeped, it's fantastic. The flavor is spot on if you like that, no TH though but it could be my device
Ecto
Extreme
candy cane coffee (free sample that they gave out and now I have 2 15ml of it :0
Green Apple - this will be my first vape with the new cartomizers i got in, my bro said it was great and it smells out of this world
Tropical Punch
Blueberry - got great reviews
Key Lime - not a fan, but fans there too
Pink Lemonade
Coconut Cream Pie

I spent over 40 min on this post and I should be getting back on vaping these news flavors and not spending on a topic that will die in 2 days because of such a specific question as I just wasted a lot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread