MTL Build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakillah

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Vienna
You have that backwards. The lower the resistance the higher wattage is needed. Since resistance is what causes electrical energy to be converted to heat energy, with less resistance, you need more energy to create the same amount of heat.
No.
Are you implying that a, lets say, 5 wrap needs more power then a 10 wrap of the same wire?

Or that a SS build with the same gauge+wraps needs more power then a Kanthal one?
No. No. No.

OP, if you're using a regulated mod in Wattage mode, do yourself a favor and forget that resistance exist. Its worthless to try and tie resistance to needed power, because it DOES NOT MATTER!

Just think of builds this way:
-The thicker the wire, the more power you need. (This will lower your resistance)

-The bigger the coil (more wraps, bigger diameter), the more power you need. (This will raise your resistance)

That leads to a very simple rule; the bigger and heavier the coil, the more power you need. Thats all you need to know and it makes things a lot easier.

Coil needs too long/too much power to ramp up? Use thinner wire or do less wraps.

You want more power/more vapor?
Add some wraps or use thicker wire.

Last edited:

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
MTL is just how you draw the liquid into your lungs. Some just pull it directly into their lungs as in a direct lung (DL) inhale.

The coil you make is different.

Sounds like you want simplicity in building a Coil. I do 28-gauge wire, single coil made out of Kanthal. I stay in the 1.1 ohm area with a 3.0 inner diameter coil. I like the extra cotton in the coil because more juice is right there to be heated. But, some building decks are smaller and a 2.5 ID is needed.

Good luck.

Reactions: Jebbn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread