MTL nicotine strength question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DQuit

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Litchfield, IL
I have a innokin Endura T22 coming in vape mail and it is a MTL starter kit. I wanted to give this a try to use in the car.

I have sub ohm devices now and use 3 mg e liquids and wonder if I need to double that to 6mg for the T22.

I have read MTL takes a higher mg. I'll be mixing up more juices tomorrow and could mix up something for the T22 before it gets here.

Thanks in advance!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There's very little way to tell how much it may go up for you. it depends a lot on how you wind up vaping it, and how you vaped your previous device. I doubt it will more than triple, and double is a moderately safe bet, but it may only go up half of that or not at all. you're just going to have to test. one way to limit cost is buy a bottle of high nic and a bottle of zero in the same flavor and mix em.

DQuit

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Litchfield, IL
There's very little way to tell how much it may go up for you. it depends a lot on how you wind up vaping it, and how you vaped your previous device. I doubt it will more than triple, and double is a moderately safe bet, but it may only go up half of that or not at all. you're just going to have to test. one way to limit cost is buy a bottle of high nic and a bottle of zero in the same flavor and mix em.
I wasn't sure if MTL vaping was in fact a higher nic level. I DIY all my juice now and can go from 24 mg down. You gave me an idea though. I'll make small test batches starting with 6 and one a little higher.

DQuit

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Litchfield, IL
I mtl most of the time and vape 16-18mg. I use 3-6mg sub ohm.
Years ago when I vaped, I did 18 and 24 mg mtl, trying to come straight off analogs. I'll have to take your advice and make a couple test batches tomorrow but not as strong as I did back then. I've been strictly vaping almost 30 days now.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Years ago when I vaped, I did 18 and 24 mg mtl, trying to come straight off analogs. I'll have to take your advice and make a couple test batches tomorrow but not as strong as I did back then. I've been strictly vaping almost 30 days now.
a month isnt all that long dont be afraid to use the strength that works

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
I wasn't sure if MTL vaping was in fact a higher nic level. I DIY all my juice now and can go from 24 mg down. You gave me an idea though. I'll make small test batches starting with 6 and one a little higher.
Sounds like your best bet. Try a 6 and a 12mg. You can always put them aside and fix them later since you diy.
I use a 12mg with a 1.2 ohm coil (Mtl) @ 16w but usually 6mg (DL) @ 40-50w.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
A lot of it will depend on how sub0hm you are now, and your wattage too, not just the resistance of the coil. I'd say double at least, possibly more. With that said, I think experimenting with low with the ability to go higher if needed is a good idea, so I think you are on the right track with this one. Hope you enjoy your new setup and that it works well for you during the times you need it. :)

Anna

Anna

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
I've been at 18mg with the T18 & T22 tanks and have been recently "cutting" my blends down to about 15mg+-...I foresee in the near future being at 12mg...I vape at 4.3v/11.5w with several different mods...I'm pure MTL...On occasion I use a T18 Battery but it's fixed at 14w which is a bit warm for my liking...Trig

DQuit

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Litchfield, IL
Oh thank you for giving me ideas and starting "guess" points. I have a meeting in less than an hour and after that I'll be mixing. I decided to start with mixing up the same "flavor" one small batch of each at 6 mg and 12 mg. That way I can keep the coil with the same flavor and change the mg's while testing it out. Thank you for the really good information you all contributed to this confusing project.

I even forgot about doing mtl years ago at 18 and 24 until @Mechx jogged my memory. I would really like to go strictly mtl which is what I have been trying to force the smok baby beast tank to do and the Herakles Pro seems to do it pretty well, but the T22 that is coming will let me know how close I am actually getting those tanks turned down.

I don't like driving where people see clouds rolling out the window, lol People are too nosy around these parts.

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
I'd really like to hear all of your reports regarding the Tanks & Your Nic Test...Which mods you were using and at what settings...As a side note I'm also using and liking a Kanger TopTank Mini with a 1.5 coil...Trig

My Primary Mods: eLeaf iStick 30's / Aspire Zelos...Back-Ups: T18 Battery / Spinner II's...

Last edited:

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
Me too. I use the T22 and love it. Trig likes to lower his watts, so he uses other batteries, but he still uses the T18 and T22 tanks. The prism tanks and 1.5 ohm coils are overlooked by most, but an excellent set up. If maintained and used properly, no leaks, dry hits, juice spitting, or flooding.
Your success with the T22 will be great if you remember a few tips.
Directions say fill tank, wait 5 minutes, and vape. Don't. Fill tank, wait about 15 minutes, then dry hit it. Wait another 10 minutes, start with a few short tootle hits, then vape. The coils are one of the largest on the market. Dual element with a ton of Japanese cotton. Give it wicking time, especially with 70 vg which is what I use.
After the wicking time you will be amazed at how much liquid left the tank and went to the wicks.
Don't ever let your liquid get below the bottom wicking hole. I refill mine when it's between the bottom 2.
Make sure the coil seats all the way into the bottom of the tank. You'll see what I mean when you get it. Moisten your fingers and go around the bottom of the coil above the threads so it's wet and will slide against the o ring easier.

DQuit

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Litchfield, IL
I'd really like to hear all of your reports regarding the Tanks & Your Nic Test...Which mods you were using and at what settings...As a side note I'm also using and liking a Kanger TopTank Mini with a 1.5 coil...Trig

My Primary Mods: eLeaf iStick 30's / Aspire Zelos...Back-Ups: T18 Battery / Spinner II's...
Murphy's law got me today, I broke the glass tank to the Smok Baby Beast tank. I will order 3 new glass replacements from Mt. Baker Vapor. I kind of screwed myself for the car trip tomorrow, I was counting on that tank. I can crank it about closed and get a doable mtl and it doesn't suck juice like the 2 tanks I have and despise. Those are X-baby's or the baby beast's brothers. The coils are only a 3 pack, don't last and they eat juice. I consider those coils OUTRAGEOUS for what they cost for 3. I am better off to retire those tanks and replace them. I love the Sense Herakles Pro tank. I think I got lucky with this one as it does not leak, and it does not have good reviews. I baby it and it does me good. I would get another if I knew it wouldn't be a leaker.

My two mods are the Smok AL85 which the baby beast came on and then I have a Eleaf iStick Pico 75W which I love. I am thinking of getting the Pico 25 after I get the tank situation fixed.

I want to get 4 dependable tanks going and I will end up all mtl eventually.

My juice is most all 20/80vg and I have been vaping 3mg sub ohm, and usually around 33-35 watts. The T22 will be in tomorrow's vape mail. Then I will tell you how my test batches go. I did Orange Sherbet which has orange, banana and caramel in it and 6 mg and 12 mg to test out.

DQuit

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Litchfield, IL
Me too. I use the T22 and love it. Trig likes to lower his watts, so he uses other batteries, but he still uses the T18 and T22 tanks. The prism tanks and 1.5 ohm coils are overlooked by most, but an excellent set up. If maintained and used properly, no leaks, dry hits, juice spitting, or flooding.
Your success with the T22 will be great if you remember a few tips.
Directions say fill tank, wait 5 minutes, and vape. Don't. Fill tank, wait about 15 minutes, then dry hit it. Wait another 10 minutes, start with a few short tootle hits, then vape. The coils are one of the largest on the market. Dual element with a ton of Japanese cotton. Give it wicking time, especially with 70 vg which is what I use.
After the wicking time you will be amazed at how much liquid left the tank and went to the wicks.
Don't ever let your liquid get below the bottom wicking hole. I refill mine when it's between the bottom 2.
Make sure the coil seats all the way into the bottom of the tank. You'll see what I mean when you get it. Moisten your fingers and go around the bottom of the coil above the threads so it's wet and will slide against the o ring easier.
Thank you so much, this is really good information and the T22 is due to be here tomorrow so you timing is perfect as well. I will follow these directions and save them!

I broke the glass to the baby beast tank today putting me down to two that I despise, and one nice Herakles Pro until the vape mail gets here. I will definitely check out the Prism! I am in the market for tanks.

I regularly have a mod in each hand vaping on the porch when I get to sit down for a session. I have some flavors that I am addicted to equally so I will use two at a sitting because I can't make up my mind and want BOTH. lol I see me using 4 tanks in regular rotation.

Can't wait to play with my vape mail tomorrow night when I get home. I'll probably start with the 12 mg first in it.

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
Murphy's law got me today, I broke the glass tank to the Smok Baby Beast tank. I will order 3 new glass replacements from Mt. Baker Vapor. I kind of screwed myself for the car trip tomorrow, I was counting on that tank. I can crank it about closed and get a doable mtl and it doesn't suck juice like the 2 tanks I have and despise. Those are X-baby's or the baby beast's brothers. The coils are only a 3 pack, don't last and they eat juice. I consider those coils OUTRAGEOUS for what they cost for 3. I am better off to retire those tanks and replace them. I love the Sense Herakles Pro tank. I think I got lucky with this one as it does not leak, and it does not have good reviews. I baby it and it does me good. I would get another if I knew it wouldn't be a leaker.

My two mods are the Smok AL85 which the baby beast came on and then I have a Eleaf iStick Pico 75W which I love. I am thinking of getting the Pico 25 after I get the tank situation fixed.

My juice is most all 20/80vg and I have been vaping 3mg sub ohm, and usually around 33-35 watts. The T22 will be in tomorrow's vape mail. Then I will tell you how my test batches go. I did Orange Sherbet which has orange, banana and caramel in it and 6 mg and 12 mg to test out.

Thank you so much, this is really good information and the T22 is due to be here tomorrow so you timing is perfect as well. I will follow these directions and save them!

I broke the glass to the baby beast tank today putting me down to two that I despise, and one nice Herakles Pro until the vape mail gets here. I will definitely check out the Prism! I am in the market for tanks.

I regularly have a mod in each hand vaping on the porch when I get to sit down for a session. I have some flavors that I am addicted to equally so I will use two at a sitting because I can't make up my mind and want BOTH. lol I see me using 4 tanks in regular rotation.

Can't wait to play with my vape mail tomorrow night when I get home. I'll probably start with the 12 mg first in it.

Dynamite...I think you'll do great with the T22 Tank...And if you really like them Mt. Baker has those as well...Air Control would be nice but the "Draw" is great as is !!!...Trig :D

DQuit

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Litchfield, IL
Dynamite...I think you'll do great with the T22 Tank...And if you really like them Mt. Baker has those as well...Air Control would be nice but the "Draw" is great as is !!!...Trig :D
I just found the T22 tank at Mt. Baker and I think I'll get 2 of them they are cheap enough, I am ordering now:w00t:. Thank you

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
I just found the T22 tank at Mt. Baker and I think I'll get 2 of them they are cheap enough, I am ordering now:w00t:. Thank you
And I'm no expert for sure...But if you take the best of what @redeuce has said and what I've said...Then you should be pretty well ready to use a T22 or T18 tank right off the bat !!!...They Are So Easy !!! :thumbs:

DQuit

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Litchfield, IL
And I'm no expert for sure...But if you take the best of what @redeuce has said and what I've said...Then you should be pretty well ready to use a T22 or T18 tank right off the bat !!!...They Are So Easy !!! :thumbs:
If you or @redeuce are in need of coils, I just hit a good 40% off through the 11th at MyFreedomSmokes $9.95 a pack for the T22/18 and 40%off coupon code MFS40COIL, so I got $7.96 credit on the second pack. Plus the tanks were even cheaper than MBV.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

That sux. I don't know why tanks come without cages. It's just asking for it. If you have access to a 3D you ringer there is a baby beast tank protector on thingverse

DQuit

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Litchfield, IL
That sux. I don't know why tanks come without cages. It's just asking for it. If you have access to a 3D you ringer there is a baby beast tank protector on thingverse
I deep cleaned tanks and had coil trouble getting it in, just as I thought it was tight, I was doing the final twist and the dang coil popped out with the glass tank flying and it landed on the concrete floor :cry: boy did it shatter. I have 3 more coming now:thumbs:. There is a rubber ring for the glass but I never thought about it washing it and so forth. It will be good as new by the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread