Mtl rtas vs pod systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 'Burnz' Jones

Jan 11, 2021
Hi I've just recieved my first mtl rta being the asmodus anani v2 made a few builds in it whilst waiting for a couple of alien 0.62ohm coils to arrive to try in it but so far I've found with the coils I've used the flavour is only there a tiny bit compared to my argus pro and drag s with the 0.80hm r1 coils I get massive flavour from are there any mtl rtas where I can get the same amount of flavour I get from the 0.8s please let me know? any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Hi David and welcome to ECF.

I don't do Pod's, so I can't offer anything there.

One of my preferred MTL RTA's is the Svoemesto Kayfun lite 2019. The KFL19 paired with a Pico 75w mod is smaller than many of the Pod's out there. IMO it's pretty tough to beat the flavor you get from any Kayfun.

Another MTL RTA you might want to check out is the Dvarw MTL FL. Also great flavor.

I have the authentics for both. Fasttech, and others, sell the clones.

Good luck.

David 'Burnz' Jones

Jan 11, 2021
Hi David and welcome to ECF.

I don't do Pod's, so I can't offer anything there.

One of my preferred MTL RTA's is the Svoemesto Kayfun lite 2019. The KFL19 paired with a Pico 75w mod is smaller than many of the Pod's out there. IMO it's pretty tough to beat the flavor you get from any Kayfun.

Another MTL RTA you might want to check out is the Dvarw MTL FL. Also great flavor.

I have the authentics for both. Fasttech, and others, sell the clones.

Good luck.
Yea I've done some research on some rtas and the Kayfun lite always pops up and also the Dvarw I do want to get one but i only worry if I spend £100 on a rta I want the flavour to be more intense then my current set up it's not easy to find the Dvarw in the UK but I will persevere and keep looking. You should try the pnp coils the r1 0.8 you'll be surprised I dont get 1/4 of the flavour on my zlide or nautilus gt mini and the anani v2 rta but as I'm looking to save money on coils and start to make my own I dont want to waste more money on tanks if they are just no where near the performance I get now. Thanks for the info bro much appreciated.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Yea I've done some research on some rtas and the Kayfun lite always pops up and also the Dvarw I do want to get one but i only worry if I spend £100 on a rta I want the flavour to be more intense then my current set up it's not easy to find the Dvarw in the UK but I will persevere and keep looking. You should try the pnp coils the r1 0.8 you'll be surprised I dont get 1/4 of the flavour on my zlide or nautilus gt mini and the anani v2 rta but as I'm looking to save money on coils and start to make my own I dont want to waste more money on tanks if they are just no where near the performance I get now. Thanks for the info bro much appreciated.

I haven't used a drop-in coil in a long time. No interest. But I do have some in my stash (Zenith D22). Much prefer building my own as I am in control of what wire type and wick (cotton or rayon). With drop-ins you are at the mercy of whatever wire and cotton they choose.

IMHO you cannot compare the quality of vape between drop-in coils and building your own coils for an RBA. Apples/Oranges. The quality and flavor of vape you get from a Kayfun or Dvarw will blow away the vape you get from a drop-in coil 100% of the time. Night and day.

FWIW, the OG 2013 Kayfun lite RTA design was, around that time, copied by every "other" RTA maker. In fact some are still copying the deck design of newer Kayfun's.

If I were you I would consider getting a clone Kayfun lite 2019 or a Dvarw to try. If you like it you could always grab an authentic down the road.

In the UK Creme de Vape always has authentic Kayfun's (and spare parts) in-stock. I've bought from them many times, they're a solid company.

You said you weren't impressed with the flavor you get from your Asmodus Anani v2 RTA? I don't have that RTA, so I can't help you. Maybe my friend @Daniel Forsyth can offer some tips, he has at least one Anani, and tons of Asmodus gear.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    You said you weren't impressed with the flavor you get from your Asmodus Anani v2 RTA? I don't have that RTA, so I can't help you. Maybe my friend @Daniel Forsyth can offer some tips, he has at least one Anani, and tons of Asmodus gear.

:thumb:
    I do have the Anani v2 RTA which I recently added to the collection but I've been a bit hooked on the Brunhilde's and haven't built it yeto_O
    It's not too different at all from the original Anani RTA @David 'Burnz' Jones which I've had for a while now and had many builds on. I find the flavour on that absolutely Fantastic!
    I was often using a MTL Clapton wire, something very similar to this $4.95 Authentic Vandy Vape Ni80 Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Heating Wire - 30*2/38 AWG / 0.25mm*2/0.1mm dia. / 3.5ohm/ft / 10ft at FastTech - Free Shipping all I can really say is try a few more builds on your Anani v2.
    Good Luck:)

David 'Burnz' Jones

Jan 11, 2021
    :thumb:
    I do have the Anani v2 RTA which I recently added to the collection but I've been a bit hooked on the Brunhilde's and haven't built it yeto_O
    It's not too different at all from the original Anani RTA @David 'Burnz' Jones which I've had for a while now and had many builds on. I find the flavour on that absolutely Fantastic!
    I was often using a MTL Clapton wire, something very similar to this $4.95 Authentic Vandy Vape Ni80 Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Heating Wire - 30*2/38 AWG / 0.25mm*2/0.1mm dia. / 3.5ohm/ft / 10ft at FastTech - Free Shipping all I can really say is try a few more builds on your Anani v2.
    Good Luck:)
    Thanks mate I'll certainly be trying more builds I'm currently waiting for a couple of pre built coils 0.62 aliens from coilsbyscott after asking for his advice so I will certainly let you know and I will check out the brunhilde thanks for the advice bud.

David 'Burnz' Jones

Jan 11, 2021
    I haven't used a drop-in coil in a long time. No interest. But I do have some in my stash (Zenith D22). Much prefer building my own as I am in control of what wire type and wick (cotton or rayon). With drop-ins you are at the mercy of whatever wire and cotton they choose.

IMHO you cannot compare the quality of vape between drop-in coils and building your own coils for an RBA. Apples/Oranges. The quality and flavor of vape you get from a Kayfun or Dvarw will blow away the vape you get from a drop-in coil 100% of the time. Night and day.

FWIW, the OG 2013 Kayfun lite RTA design was, around that time, copied by every "other" RTA maker. In fact some are still copying the deck design of newer Kayfun's.

If I were you I would consider getting a clone Kayfun lite 2019 or a Dvarw to try. If you like it you could always grab an authentic down the road.

In the UK Creme de Vape always has authentic Kayfun's (and spare parts) in-stock. I've bought from them many times, they're a solid company.

I will invest sometime in the future in a kayfun to see if that will be the primary rta for me I understand with rtas we can fine tune the build to our own specifics which we can't get from stock coils and maybe soon I'll get myself a few more mtl rtas to compare and hopefully get on with better than now as I'm still a noob with rtas at the moment thanks for the info mate really appreciate it.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Thanks mate I'll certainly be trying more builds I'm currently waiting for a couple of pre built coils 0.62 aliens from coilsbyscott after asking for his advice so I will certainly let you know and I will check out the brunhilde thanks for the advice bud.

Brunhilde RTA is most definitely worth checking out Mate:thumb:
    She has awesome flavour! very versatile, can go from tight MTL to loose RDL, and a baby could wick this thing;)

Don't give up on your Anani though!!

Last edited:

David 'Burnz' Jones

Jan 11, 2021
    Brunhilde RTA is most definitely worth checking out Mate:thumb:
    She has awesome flavour! very versatile, can go from tight MTL to loose RDL, and a baby could work this thing;)

Don't give up on your Anani though!![/QUOT
    For now I will continue to build and try to fine tweak but I will be looking at upgrading I will keep your words in mind and go for the brunhilde next thanks for the info mate

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia

Brunhilde is a great RTA which I'd highly recommend but you should still check it out and make sure it's what you like! Here's a link to the Vapefly website explaining Brunhilde Brunhilde MTL RTA it would also help if you watched a quick utube review on it:thumb:
    Then you'll know if you really want one(which you should do;))
    I hope your Anani goes well for you:)

David 'Burnz' Jones

Jan 11, 2021
    Brunhilde is a great RTA which I'd highly recommend but you should still check it out and make sure it's what you like! Here's a link to the Vapefly website explaining Brunhilde Brunhilde MTL RTA it would also help if you watched a quick utube review on it:thumb:
    Then you'll know if you really want one(which you should do;))
    I hope your Anani goes well for you:)
    Thanks bud top man I'll check that out I generally watch YouTube for tanks n rtas n reviews and yea I hope so to mate if not it will be gathering dust lol. Thanks again

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    There are so many choices. One thing to keep in mind is airflow. I like loose MTL so had to pass on several RTAs because they had too tight of draw (other people love that) Anyway, One of the best for flavor is the Silverplay. It's tricky to wick and may leak if not done right but the flavor is outstanding. They are only $15 but you have to buy then here (in the US):
    Silverplay 24mm Multi Airflow RTA | Silverplay RTA – VaporDNA

David 'Burnz' Jones

Jan 11, 2021
    There are so many choices. One thing to keep in mind is airflow. I like loose MTL so had to pass on several RTAs because they had too tight of draw (other people love that) Anyway, One of the best for flavor is the Silverplay. It's tricky to wick and may leak if not done right but the flavor is outstanding. They are only $15 but you have to buy then here (in the US):
    Silverplay 24mm Multi Airflow RTA | Silverplay RTA – VaporDNA
    Ah ok shame I live in the UK but thanks for the suggestion I dont mind a tight draw or loose my current set up is quite a loose draw thanks though bud.

David 'Burnz' Jones

Jan 11, 2021
    Thanks bud I'll check that out just managed to wick my anani a bit better than previous attempts used ivg bubblegum salts and can taste it pretty good although had to split cotton in half as I think I was wicking it incorrectly using 2.5mm cotton so not sure if it's too little lol

Reactions: ShowMeTwice
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread