Multi-State "Vape-In" - Who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two-A-T

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
St Pauls, NC USA
Unfortunately I am on the other side of the US, but I would like to donate a kit and some carts if it would help. I think it's a great idea.

PM me any info I would need please.

Thanks.
We could definitely use your help both her and in your local areas!! Send me a PM if you are willing to help!

Two-A-T

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
St Pauls, NC USA
http://www.vapersclub.com/vapersclubdotcompamphlet.pdf

This pamphlet is what we use for our club to hand out to the public. One sheet explaining the basics for someone who has no idea what a PV/e-cig is.

Long Island, New York - Vapers Club has an info page also. If you do not have a vapers club in your area... instructions are there which will tell you how to set one up!
OMG!! I am SOOO glad you found the thread Spikey!! Please give us your guidance and any info you can share!! And, I hope you will join us on this date!!

Everyone, Spikey has GREAT info you can use to give to media and visitors! Please do not hesitate to ask her help (if she doesn't mind!)!!

Monie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Glad to have you aboard! One thing tho...

While I don't see any problem with enjoying an "adult beverage" during the event... specially if it's at a restaurant or similar location... we want to keep this as orderly as possible. We want to put ecigs and vaping in the best possible light and at this stage in the game, I don't think associating it with alcohol would be good for our position ;)

This struck me as very rude. My post was never acknowledged and then the person that did respond gets this reply. Just rude.:evil:

Two-A-T

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
St Pauls, NC USA
This struck me as very rude. My post was never acknowledged and then the person that did respond gets this reply. Just rude.

Monie...

First, I honestly DID attempt to respond to your post. BUT, I was posting several of the responses when the site kept giving a "server too busy" message and I believe my reply to you might have gotten lost in one of those server problems.

Second, I don't understand how my response could be seen as "rude" or offensive to YOU or anyone else! I don't think we need to make these events "drinking parties" because that would not achieve our goal of educating people about ecigs in a positive light! I don't see how saying this would be "rude" or offensive to anyone.

Lastly, this isn't about YOU or any one person.. this is about getting more exposure to ecigs, educating and providing CORRECT information about ecigs to counter the incorrect information floating around in the media and let analog smokers learn about an alternative they have. So, don't take it so personally!

I hope this clears everything up for you. Please do try to find someone near you to help organize an event in your area and if you can't by all means do join another event if there are any close enough!

Monie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Monie...

First, I honestly DID attempt to respond to your post. BUT, I was posting several of the responses when the site kept giving a "server too busy" message and I believe my reply to you might have gotten lost in one of those server problems.

Second, I don't understand how my response could be seen as "rude" or offensive to YOU or anyone else! I don't think we need to make these events "drinking parties" because that would not achieve our goal of educating people about ecigs in a positive light! I don't see how saying this would be "rude" or offensive to anyone.

Lastly, this isn't about YOU or any one person.. this is about getting more exposure to ecigs, educating and providing CORRECT information about ecigs to counter the incorrect information floating around in the media and let analog smokers learn about an alternative they have. So, don't take it so personally!

I hope this clears everything up for you. Please do try to find someone near you to help organize an event in your area and if you can't by all means do join another event if there are any close enough!

Where did I ever say this was about me? I believe I said I'd be willing to drive hours to offer any help I could. gr8dane said nothing about a "drinking party". I believe that was YOUR interpretation/assumption. And I still find you very rude.

Two-A-T

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
St Pauls, NC USA
Where did I ever say this was about me? I believe I said I'd be willing to drive hours to offer any help I could.
You are making this about you by making such a big deal out of it and hijacking the thread to point it out. Your willingness to drive hours and help is greatly appreciated and it should have been left at that! Let's keep focused on the events and not on personal interpretations of statements!

gr8dane said nothing about a "drinking party". I believe that was YOUR interpretation/assumption. And I still find you very rude.
No, gr8dane didn't say "drinking party", but the "especially if beer is involved" statement that gr8dane made, while I agree it was most likely said playfully, leaned in that direction which is what made me feel it was necessary to make sure none of the events did turn into a "drinking party" because this is not what we are trying to do. I don't see what I did as "rude"

Please, if you have any further comments in this matter, take it to PM. Let's keep this thread on topic so those who are interested in organizing or attending an event don't have to read through back and forth squabbles to find the information they need!!

Thank you and have a Vapey Day!! :cool:

...And now, back to your regularly scheduled discussion... already in progress!!

Monie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
You are making this about you by making such a big deal out of it and hijacking the thread to point it out. Your willingness to drive hours and help is greatly appreciated and it should have been left at that! Let's keep focused on the events and not on personal interpretations of statements!

No, gr8dane didn't say "drinking party", but the "especially if beer is involved" statement that gr8dane made, while I agree it was most likely said playfully, leaned in that direction which is what made me feel it was necessary to make sure none of the events did turn into a "drinking party" because this is not what we are trying to do. I don't see what I did as "rude"

Please, if you have any further comments in this matter, take it to PM. Let's keep this thread on topic so those who are interested in organizing or attending an event don't have to read through back and forth squabbles to find the information they need!!

Thank you and have a Vapey Day!! :cool:

...And now, back to your regularly scheduled discussion... already in progress!!

Why wasn't your reply a PM if you truely feel this way? Why wasn't your reply to gr8dane a PM? This is no way hijacking. It's is responding to your open comments. I've responded to your post openly and have no need to PM. Your comments to gr8dane were condescending and uncalled for. I've said all I need to say. If you have anything else for me, you are welcomed to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread