Status
Not open for further replies.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Grab a dripper..I recommend the magma. Use it on the mod you have now. Once you perfected building, consider a mech.

With a mech, you need a meter to measure energy/voltage and resistance/ohms. You can get cheap 510 meters, and they are as accurate as my flukes, but it's a better idea to get a multimeter that can be calibrated..cuz they'll screw up one day.. maybe tomorrow, maybe a year from now..

Go ahead and read up on battery safety..continuous ratings and burst/pulse ratings are two things you need to distinguish. Read into ohms law. I build my current needs off 4.2volts, and I use continuos ratings to stay a little more safe. The most important thing to go by is the temperature of your battery..batteries shouldn't get hot if you're "doing it up" properly.

Tangaroav

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
QC & FL
Why a mech ? Get a regulated PV at over 50 watts ? Those 50W and above regulated device, can take sub ohm coils and, IMO, they far surpass un-regulated mechanicals for consistency and quality of the vape at whatever setting you wish for. IMO, We dont need mechs anymore except maybe for budget reasons

Last edited:

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Why a mech ? Get a regulated PV at over 50 watts ? Those 50W and above regulated device, can take sub ohm coils and, IMO, they far surpass un-regulated mechanicals for consistency and quality of the vape at whatever setting you wish for. IMO, We dont need mechs anymore except maybe for budget reasons

I agree. I have 2 mech's but hardly ever use them. I seem to be able to get a better vape even off of a 30w regulated mod over my mech's. I dunno, maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

The only reason I could see to have a mech would be if the vaping world completely crashed and I could no longer get parts for my regulated mods.

SingedVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
I never thought I would say this, but after having three chips fail on me. You can have my mech when you rip it from my cold dead hands :D

No but seriously I love my reo.

Anyway getting clouds is not hard, do not be fooled into thinking you need extravagant equipment. I can creat huge clouds on my igo-L and a clone mod.

It's all in understanding the basics.

Heat
Air
VG

You need more heat to heat up the liquid to vaporize it more efficiently.

With the extra heat you need more air so that you do not light your lungs on fire and to add more volume to the vapor. It's all about finding a balance. You want an air hole big enough to keep the vapor relatively cool and to add more volume. But too much air and not enough heat is made and you lose the cloud.

VG. VG is the component in liquid responsible for emulating the "smoke". PG does not provide good vapor so you will want a max VG blend.

Before you begin to sub ohm, (because if you plan to cloud chase that is the route I'm assuming you will be taking) you will first need to learn about ohm's law and most importantly battery safety. The lower the ohms the higher the amps you will be drawing from your battery. If anything goes first it will be your battery. You need a good understanding of your equipment and an understanding of how it works and why it works. With all that knowledge you can get clouds on even the cheapest of gear.

Good luck, happy vaping, and stay safe my friend :D

Last edited:

juggalofisher88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
+1^^^
I am getting great thick clouds o outta my igoW with airholes drilled out to 3/32 with a .4ohm coil and my nemesis clone, haven't built anything on my TOBH that beats it yet mostly cause I'm not used to how you gotta set coils up, with the offset airholes... but soon I will get it to shine

sig-153231.jpg

Jerrycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Richmond, KY, USA
Agreeing with most of what is said above.. safety first, foremost and always.. Educating yourself now on all the battery safety, ohms law, proper use of electrical equipment will go along ways towards helping you both enjoy your vape the way YOU want it, AND, will allow you to do so without burning off your face, or accidentally making a pipe bomb.
Also, let me add that YES, you can have the rich thick warm vapor you want and need and still have flavor.
As a side, I would like to add that once you've crossed into the foggy land of cloud chasing, you will very quickly find that your juice consumption will skyrocket. I had this problem and started making my own juice to both save money and to get the kinda juice and FLAVOR that I want from my builds. DIY for the win!!!
Happy chasing and safe vaping!!

charly1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Logan, Indiana
With a mech, you need a meter to measure energy/voltage and resistance/ohms. You can get cheap 510 meters, and they are as accurate as my flukes, but it's a better idea to get a multimeter that can be calibrated..cuz they'll screw up one day.. maybe tomorrow, maybe a year from now..

Go ahead and read up on battery safety..continuous ratings and burst/pulse ratings are two things you need to distinguish. Read into ohms law. I build my current needs off 4.2volts, and I use continuos ratings to stay a little more safe. The most important thing to go by is the temperature of your battery..batteries shouldn't get hot if you're "doing it up" properly.

Sounds like u have to be an electrician to understand and make ur own coils.

I was thinking in a few months upgrading to RBA my own coils but and go to a Mech.Mod. But after reading this post it looks to scary for me to attempt. I am very mechanicaly inclined but I have never been able to grasp understanding electricity. Why? I can understand something I can see but electricity is something I can not see.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
You don't have to know electrical theory to use a mech..but it will keep you safe. The only reason we don't hear about mechs blowing up is from pulse ratings and safe chemistry batteries..

I would run through everything with you, but I won't ruin this thread.. PM me if you have any questions you feel like I could answer..

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I agree. I have 2 mech's but hardly ever use them. I seem to be able to get a better vape even off of a 30w regulated mod over my mech's. I dunno, maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

The only reason I could see to have a mech would be if the vaping world completely crashed and I could no longer get parts for my regulated mods.

Ok, I take this back. I have been running a TOBH clone on my Nemesis clone this entire weekend and I am loving it. I just learned that there is a place for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread