New cloud chaser! Best RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasing clouds84

Jun 15, 2018
Hey guys, I’m new to the cloud chasing epidemic... I’ve already done lots of research on coil building, ohms law, mods(reg, unreg, mech), rda’s, RTA’s, and RDTA’s! I am currently interested in the GOON V1, but I’ve also looked into the Bonza, goon v1.5, drop, and dead rabbit. If any of you have any additional information.... I’m just trying to find out what rda is best for cloud chasing! Also..... can any of you find a goon OG? I can’t seem to find one anywhere.

Reactions: stols001

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The membership of ECF is primarily focused on smoking cessation and the hobbyist elements of vaping. There's not a lot of interest in the competitive side of vaping here to be honest.

What help can I offer.
As long as the atty has massive airflow it's a good choice. My understanding is that the really important factors in cloud chasing are the build, the wicking and a pair of cast iron lungs the capacity of a dray horses.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Tobeco velocity clone is a 22mm rda that can chuck. On the cheap at that.
After my Velocity clone I bought a troll v2 24mm rda. For 25$ which also had a velocity deck and that kicked it out.
Got an Aromamizer plus rdta and that is cloudin it up like mad... But it's not a dripper, or I don't use it as one anyway and would not be the best.
I feel like having the open center of a velocity deck compared to the goon might help airflow...
But the coils and the airflow slots, vents, holes, whatever you call them, that's what it's all about. I ran a pair of twisted 24g coils pretty high in my velocity clone over 120 watts generally with the air half open and that was how I really (really) got into clouds.
What do you have now?

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
I hear the Bonza is really cool for cloud chasing!
I didn't gather much information on the Goon, so can't help you there.
I know, however, that the Dead Rabbit (and the Dead Rabbit SQ) are made for flavor, not much for cloud chasing. I own a DR SQ though, and the vapor volume is pretty decent!

If I may suggest another RDA, I hear the DROP is top notch. It's really affordable, and the airflow seems insane with this one! I'll probably get one soon

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am going to opine that lung capacity (and perhaps build) are the biggest factors and yes you need good airflow to get to a really cloudy build. I think the pros use JUST VG, honestly.

My kiddo came over last week and began ATTACKING them, he toasted MANY of my tanks before I noticed he was inhaling for like 300 seconds. He kept complaining about my DIY juices, LOL, until I noted he was TORCHING my wicks.

This week he tried the Pharaoh RDA I had. It was only a 0.75 build (with a ton of airflow) on a mech, and honestly not crazy POWERFUL batteries and my juice was only like 55VG.

That kid has a future in cloudchasing but I don't mention it EVER because so many (well some) of those comps can result in BLOW UPS if you don't know what you are doing.

I bet you ANYTHING though, with the right build and battey and juice he could win something. LOL. He only smoked extremely intermittently before becoming a vaper, and he seems to have GREAT LUNGS. LOL.

If you are a long term smoker well that task may be harder.

It's true though not so much talk about cloud chasing on ECF. I'm gonna bet the MAY be better forums for you, etc.

I still say it's about 90% lung capacity because all the real cloud chasers do it the same. Build a truckful of wire I their build, use VG only, probably hit the fire button WAY before inhalation starts, so it tends to come down to lung capacity.

Just... BE AWARE of safety issues.

Anna

chasing clouds84

Jun 15, 2018
Tobeco velocity clone is a 22mm rda that can chuck. On the cheap at that.
After my Velocity clone I bought a troll v2 24mm rda. For 25$ which also had a velocity deck and that kicked it out.
Got an Aromamizer plus rdta and that is cloudin it up like mad... But it's not a dripper, or I don't use it as one anyway and would not be the best.
I feel like having the open center of a velocity deck compared to the goon might help airflow...
But the coils and the airflow slots, vents, holes, whatever you call them, that's what it's all about. I ran a pair of twisted 24g coils pretty high in my velocity clone over 120 watts generally with the air half open and that was how I really (really) got into clouds.
What do you have now?

A Vandy Vape Kylin RTA... but I ordered the goon 1.5. Just couldn’t stay away from the goon lol!

chasing clouds84

Jun 15, 2018
I am going to opine that lung capacity (and perhaps build) are the biggest factors and yes you need good airflow to get to a really cloudy build. I think the pros use JUST VG, honestly.

My kiddo came over last week and began ATTACKING them, he toasted MANY of my tanks before I noticed he was inhaling for like 300 seconds. He kept complaining about my DIY juices, LOL, until I noted he was TORCHING my wicks.

This week he tried the Pharaoh RDA I had. It was only a 0.75 build (with a ton of airflow) on a mech, and honestly not crazy POWERFUL batteries and my juice was only like 55VG.

That kid has a future in cloudchasing but I don't mention it EVER because so many (well some) of those comps can result in BLOW UPS if you don't know what you are doing.

I bet you ANYTHING though, with the right build and battey and juice he could win something. LOL. He only smoked extremely intermittently before becoming a vaper, and he seems to have GREAT LUNGS. LOL.

If you are a long term smoker well that task may be harder.

It's true though not so much talk about cloud chasing on ECF. I'm gonna bet the MAY be better forums for you, etc.

I still say it's about 90% lung capacity because all the real cloud chasers do it the same. Build a truckful of wire I their build, use VG only, probably hit the fire button WAY before inhalation starts, so it tends to come down to lung capacity.

Just... BE AWARE of safety issues.

Anna

Yes ma’am.... I agree fully on the safety aspect of it. I’ve done a good amount of research and also have one of the safer regulated mods. I chuck pretty hard with my RTA.... but I think I can milk up some heavier clouds with an RDA and some decent builds.

chasing clouds84

Jun 15, 2018
I hear the Bonza is really cool for cloud chasing!
I didn't gather much information on the Goon, so can't help you there.
I know, however, that the Dead Rabbit (and the Dead Rabbit SQ) are made for flavor, not much for cloud chasing. I own a DR SQ though, and the vapor volume is pretty decent!

If I may suggest another RDA, I hear the DROP is top notch. It's really affordable, and the airflow seems insane with this one! I'll probably get one soon

I looked into the Bonza, drop, and dead rabbit. Just had trouble figuring out which one would be the best for cloud chasing... I know the OG goon was a beast. Saw some bad reviews of the new goon.... but couldn’t find the OG anywhere, so I went with the new goon 1.5..... I’ll let y’all know how she chucks after I get her!

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
I have both the OG Goon and the 1.5 and both are capable of sealing up any hole in the ozone. I cant even vape the goon 1.5 anymore inside as it sets off my smoke detectors due to the big ... air slots. Thought I was just too close, but even in the other room it sets it off. I actually don't put much into whats "best" as most well designed atties on the market now can do anything you want them to. Go with what you like the look of and perfect the build for that atty. Easier to do with some than others, the goon being one of the easier to build. just get your big ... coils next to the big ... holes and have a big ... battery(ies) to support the big ... amp load. That being said, comparing the 2, the Kylin will feel like a restricted inhale after using the 1.5 with both slots opened. Enjoy!

chasing clouds84

Jun 15, 2018
I have both the OG Goon and the 1.5 and both are capable of sealing up any hole in the ozone. I cant even vape the goon 1.5 anymore inside as it sets off my smoke detectors due to the big ... air slots. Thought I was just too close, but even in the other room it sets it off. I actually don't put much into whats "best" as most well designed atties on the market now can do anything you want them to. Go with what you like the look of and perfect the build for that atty. Easier to do with some than others, the goon being one of the easier to build. just get your big ... coils next to the big ... holes and have a big ... battery(ies) to support the big ... amp load. That being said, comparing the 2, the Kylin will feel like a restricted inhale after using the 1.5 with both slots opened. Enjoy!
Thanks man! Glad I made the choice I did! And you are correct..... the goon 1.5 makes the kylin feel like an absolute CHUMP! The flavor however is much better in the kylin.... so I think I will use my kylin when I’m working and my goon for the weekends and tricking!

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
Goon 1.5 has a little more air flow than the original goon. Other then that they are pretty much identical to each other. The bonza has a deeper juice well and the way it's designed it really wants big builds in it. The goon clamp system will fit really big coils but putting 4 legs in 2 clamps is harder then having a designated spot for each leg like the bonza. I like my goon 1.5 and my apocalypse v2 but I'm waiting for the bonza 1.5 which will have a even deeper juice well, beefier clamps and stainless steel instead of gold.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
The Goon 1.5 is the best for cloud chasing out of the ones you mentioned. The Goon v1 is good too. The Drop isn't bad but has less airflow than the Goons. The best thing anyone can do with a Dead Rabbit is smash it with a hammer and get something else. A couple more RDAs I would recommend for cloud chasing is the Armageddon Apocalypse, which I like better than the Goons, and the Twisted Messes TM24 PRO. If you really want to go nuts the Armageddon Elite v2 or the Twisted Messes TM30 are insane for cloud chasing but they are both 30mm RDAs.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread