Mutation X

Status
Not open for further replies.

bholcomb22

Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Denver, CO
I searched everywhere, and could not find a thread specifically about the mutation X.

I recieved this atty last Friday, and I am VERY impressed with it. The variety of airflow options is simply awesome. I can vape through 2 tiny airholes and do mouth to lung inhales, or I can open this baby up and use 18 airholes! Yes 18 airholes!

I think what caught me most off guard is the fact that the flavor actually very good as well. I think the flavor is better than an authentic stillaire v2!

Best $29 I have spend in a long time!

I want to hear other peoples experiences, builds, etc...

Rip trippers review.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIfQxyzIK3U&list=UUgZd5ygXFoQry9KDGlddSBg

K4kS0edl.jpg

Last edited:

bholcomb22

Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Denver, CO
I thought I would share this...

I have a 24 gauge dual micro coils at .32 ohms in my mutation x right now sitting on a smok magneto. I got a juice called bowjangles from vapeothecary yesterday, and with the mutation x, this build, and this juice was the BEST vape I have had to date. Extremely happy with this dripper.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
If you want a less alternative Chuff Enuff drip tops are perfect.

rRC5rUBl.png

Here's mines on PlumeVeil, it also fits TOBH and Stillare

HxUtSP2l.jpg

how is vaping with it? i been using my tobh topcap on my plumeveil, i didnt get on with the plumeveil topcap, it seemed to make the vape hotter to me.

i found this, it looks almost the same bar the shiney and matt tones $4.55 2-in-1 Drip Tip + Top Cap for Tobh Atty V2 RDA Atomizers (5-Pack) 5-pack - POM / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

i just ordered some to see what its all about :D i'm sure they will turn my Plumeveils into monsters ...

Last edited:

bholcomb22

Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Denver, CO
Well.

I just tried a build with 22 gauge for the first time. Dual coil came in at about .28 ohms, and honestly not liking it all that much... I had more vapor production from my 24 gauge dual coil build at .32 ohms.

Any suggestions for builds on the mutation for good vapor production? Looking to be between .2 ohms and .5. I have 28, 26, 24, and 22 gauge.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
looks like an invintation to hot juice spattering on the tounge :)

Could be, it all comes down to your build :)

Well.

I just tried a build with 22 gauge for the first time. Dual coil came in at about .28 ohms, and honestly not liking it all that much... I had more vapor production from my 24 gauge dual coil build at .32 ohms.

Any suggestions for builds on the mutation for good vapor production? Looking to be between .2 ohms and .5. I have 28, 26, 24, and 22 gauge.

yeah i prefer 24g as dual's and i use 22g for singles, but i keep the ohm's between 0.2-0.3ohms.
Measure out a piece of 22g about 55-60mm and do a stovetop the same way i have, i'll show a pic, i make mine on a pin vise which gives it a nice smooth curve once you get the hang of it, hold the end of the wire with pliers while you spin the pin vise or similar, i tried doing a stovetop how riptripper does with the wires touching but it just gets to hot to take a longish pull, he recommends letting the cotton break in and it will get better but i found just leaving a gap to be really good, and if you use ... cotton face pads they are great for this build, leave a gap between the coil and your posts slightly thinner than the thickness of your pad, cut a slit in it for the pad to slide eitherside of the wire and when youve slid it in get a piece of wire to push the cotton against the coil before juicing.
if you get sizzling after a pull then you probably havent got the right thickness of cotton between posts and coils and will need to fill it out more :)

jdake3265

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Santa Ana
Could be, it all comes down to your build :)

yeah i prefer 24g as dual's and i use 22g for singles, but i keep the ohm's between 0.2-0.3ohms.
Measure out a piece of 22g about 55-60mm and do a stovetop the same way i have, i'll show a pic, i make mine on a pin vise which gives it a nice smooth curve once you get the hang of it, hold the end of the wire with pliers while you spin the pin vise or similar, i tried doing a stovetop how riptripper does with the wires touching but it just gets to hot to take a longish pull, he recommends letting the cotton break in and it will get better but i found just leaving a gap to be really good, and if you use ... cotton face pads they are great for this build, leave a gap between the coil and your posts slightly thinner than the thickness of your pad, cut a slit in it for the pad to slide eitherside of the wire and when youve slid it in get a piece of wire to push the cotton against the coil before juicing.
if you get sizzling after a pull then you probably havent got the right thickness of cotton between posts and coils and will need to fill it out more :)

thats so cool i found someone else who does stovetop builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread