Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
no, those are what i have. im looking for that but WITH airflow control tabs.
uncletattowhat how did you modify to fit the mutationX ?

i have a few plastic or delrin type chuff's i could probably sand down the outer edge of
i took the o-ring off and dremeled down the lip at the bottom slightly until it fit tight in the sleeve.

bholcomb22

Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Denver, CO
Some people have asked me about the performance... So i just took a few clips last night... Here is the performance.. This is a normal all day build .28 ohms 5 wraps dual coil with 24 gauge... Not trying to inhale like a cloud comp... This is how I normally inhale an rda I could have created more vapor if that was the main goal. Great great performance.. I cannot wait until the v2 gets to my door.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Some people have asked me about the performance... So i just took a few clips last night... Here is the performance.. This is a normal all day build .28 ohms 5 wraps dual coil with 24 gauge... Not trying to inhale like a cloud comp... This is how I normally inhale an rda I could have created more vapor if that was the main goal. Great great performance.. I cannot wait until the v2 gets to my door.

Yup, that looks like my normal daily use as well. Love the thing.

Got my v2 in yesterday but haven't put a build in it yet. I was a little buzzed last night but when I tok a look I believe the damn afc tabs weren't lining up with the holes. I'll post back after I put a build on it later this afternoon/evening.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Ok, so I checked out the afc tabs and they're not as bad as I thought. The holes aren't drilled with enough presision to give it a perfect fit but it's pretty close.

mutexv21.jpg

All parts are interchangeable.

The bases are identical save the posi T-post on the v2. The grub screws have a triangle screw head. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. Don't lose the wrench that comes with the rda.

mutexv23.jpg

Sleeve and top cap have tighter o-rings.

The v2 comes with an oversized open bore delrin drip tip. Kind of proprietary. None of my other drip tips fit. The hole on the v2 top cap is larger than all of my other drip tips.

I like it but wished they would have supplied a SS tip as well as the delrin one. Not Chuff Enuff size but larger than standard.

Here it is next to a Stingray X drip tip for comparison.

mutexv22.jpg

Compared to the v1, the v2 is a definite improvement and worth the coin for the upgrades imo.

bholcomb22

Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Denver, CO
JAx thanks for the update and pics... Mine was delivered a little while ago so I will build it when I get home from work...

Not a big fan of new screws???? I'm really wondering why they would do that. Kind of a pain to be honest.

I will definitely take a look and see if my afc lines up. I will post back in the morning....

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
Just ordered the Mutation X V2 off ebay for $29.95, can't wait for it to get here xD Been wanting a good cloud chasing atty for the longest, something with massive airflow, a "T" center post, and big post holes... This one looks like a winner ^_^ Anyone here have experience with the V2? Specifically with the post holes... Could it handle something crazy like a dual coil parallel 24g to clapton (24g core / 30 clapton)? And how do the hex screws hold up?

Last edited:

bholcomb22

Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Denver, CO
I got my mutation x v2 yesterday and I'm really happy with it. The t block on the positive post is almost worth the total cost of the RDA... Good improvement over the v1. I also like the super wide drip tip that it comes with, and the new airflow control. I'm really impressed that the new airflow control along with the wide drip tip create even better flavor than the v1.

Two cons for this device are the triangle head screws, and the drip tip tolerance. I'm all about good tolerances, but DANG! It took me about 10 minutes to force the drip tip in, and it isn't even straight.

The triangle screws are a pain because you have to use that stupid tool that it came with to tighten your leads, but the do not back out AT ALL...

Overall I am happy. This is the first and only time I have purchased two versions of one product....

I vaped the v1 and v2 right next to each other with the exact same build and I like the v2 even better.

JbvmHWbl.jpg

v2 is on the left

oVItogkl.jpg

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Your assessment is spot on. I'm quite happy with mine as well. My v1 now sits idle on my build bench.

Concerning the drip tip - yeah, they use some tight fitting o-rings on there. I twisted as well as pressed it together to get it to sit flush.

From my previous post: "Just wondering: Have you tried the Hobo yet?"

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Love it! Super easy to build on as it's wide open and has a posi t-post. Close it all back up and it is a super small chamber, read flavor machine. But it still has enough air flow to produce a good cloud as well. I have a feeling that it will be overtaking the #1 spot from the MuteX in the future.

I bought the clone of it first because I didn't want to drop $100 and not like it. Have an authentic on order now.

The clone turned out to be a miss in the build department. This atty requires grub screws because of the compact chamber. Well, I've managed to already strip one out. Lesson learned on that. I can't use it atm because the 510 was essentially counter sunk and I am afraid of shorting out my battery. I was able to back it out some but with the way I use my Stingray X, I essentially screw it back in while in use.

Nonetheless, when I had it working it was a fantastic vape. Can hardly wait for the authentic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread