Not open for further replies.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
So it's just completely anecdotal? There's absolutely no logical reasoning to back your claim. Sorry. I just don't believe you. I don't think you're lying or anything. It's probably just a placebo effect because you really want to believe it. If we were talking about toppers, maybe. We're talking about batteries. MVPs are nearly as exact in VV mode and work on the same frequency. Perhaps it's an airflow issue that you were misunderstanding due to the length of the 510 connections.

Someone posted the ohm chart earlier in this thread. *I* can't argue on that basis because I don't pay attention to those things... but if YOU do, why didn't you look at it? The charts people talk about clearly show a difference between the 2.

Again, it's a pretty simple test, why wonder? Just take 1 tank of a couple of flavorful juices to your local vape shop. Ask if you can try someone there's Provari, screw your own juice on it and compare. Now if you taste a difference, are you going to say its your imagination? I'm not the only person with a Provari that knows there's a difference. I'm sitting here right now with 2 Provari and a MVP2 and I tend to vape them in sequence (different juices) all day long. This is what I usually run around with in my purse:
e86acdf5-6b08-437d-ad68-c193b911ea2a_zps49da0e06.jpg

I have no airflow issues:).

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
Someone posted the ohm chart earlier in this thread. *I* can't argue on that basis because I don't pay attention to those things... but if YOU do, why didn't you look at it? The charts people talk about clearly show a difference between the 2.

Again, it's a pretty simple test, why wonder? Just take 1 tank of a couple of flavorful juices to your local vape shop. Ask if you can try someone there's Provari, screw your own juice on it and compare. Now if you taste a difference, are you going to say its your imagination? I'm not the only person with a Provari that knows there's a difference. I'm sitting here right now with 2 Provari and a MVP2 and I tend to vape them in sequence (different juices) all day long. This is what I usually run around with in my purse:
e86acdf5-6b08-437d-ad68-c193b911ea2a_zps49da0e06.jpg

I have no airflow issues:).

Well, you have a 510 Davide on the Provari and an Ego on the MVP. If you put the Davide topper on the MVP with the beauty ring, it has a different airflow so your juice will taste different. It's not that the devices magically make juice taste different. They're both firing at the same voltage. They both work on the same frequency. You said the difference is like a light cigarette to a non filter. I call BS. Sorry. It's just not possible.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Actually, I USUALLY have a Vivi Nova on my Provari, these are on my desk:
IMG_20131025_174750_zps71f4ba11.jpg

The Vivi Nova just needs a 1/4 turn from tight on the Provari for airflow, and that one is the most dramatic taste difference of the atomizers.

But the simplest test is using a carto. I have 10 carto tanks, and I swap them out on my batteries too. Take a few carto tanks to the Vape shop with you if you'd like. You WILL notice the difference. Doing is better than talking.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
The form factor of the MVP is very nice for some of us who prefer "box mod". They just seem to fit the hand comfortably, easy thumb button control, size of a pack of smokes or smaller, familiar size and shape...:2cool:

We can leave the women's bedroom pleasers to the rest of you....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Exactly. Some people like the form factor of box mods.

Moving to APV discussion.

Wow?!? This is what I get for asking if we can all just vape and get along? Sorry I chimed in...didn't mean to start the coils burning... I ran out of popcorn but since everyone else is throwing up bling I thought I would "throw down." They're not my biggest shiney's, definitely not my baddest...they're not even one of the two in topic...but they are old/new/shiney/blue!!! Two of my favorite Go's... a mini ego with an evod and an old school GoGo rigged with a mini T3s....vapes like a plastic protank at half the size and price. Is it provari...no...mvp...no...but i like how it vapes and wasn't e-Go/Go-Go a discussion at one time? And....according to the numbers I shouldn't be using my 1.8 ohm coils in it but I have a bunch of those 10 dollar inno mini's (in case I burn one out from being bad,) and they last just as long as if i put a 2.5 ohm coil in it and taste way better even though the numbers say its bad. I might loose a few charge cycles but the taste is there, and the vape time, even though the number's don't agree....who says taste doesn't count. Good night y'all...Happy Vaping! and someone tell me when we figure out which one is better...cause this is what it sounds like to me...they both look shiney and I'll prolly by both cause I love all things shiney. Good night :sleep:

handgoego.jpg

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Wow?!? This is what I get for asking if we can all just vape and get along? Sorry I chimed in...didn't mean to start the coils burning... I ran out of popcorn but since everyone else is throwing up bling I thought I would "throw down." They're not my biggest shiney's, definitely not my baddest...they're not even one of the two in topic...but they are old/new/shiney/blue!!! Two of my favorite Go's... a mini ego with an evod and an old school GoGo rigged with a mini T3s....vapes like a plastic protank at half the size and price. Is it provari...no...mvp...no...but i like how it vapes and wasn't e-Go/Go-Go a discussion at one time? And....according to the numbers I shouldn't be using my 1.8 ohm coils in it but I have a bunch of those 10 dollar inno mini's (in case I burn one out from being bad,) and they last just as long as if i put a 2.5 ohm coil in it and taste way better even though the numbers say its bad. I might loose a few charge cycles but the taste is there, and the vape time, even though the number's don't agree....who says taste doesn't count. Good night y'all...Happy Vaping! and someone tell me when we figure out which one is better...cause this is what it sounds like to me...they both look shiney and I'll prolly by both cause I love all things shiney. Good night :sleep:

View attachment 274405

This is Binky, he's one of my favorites. :)

little vaper.jpg

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The form factor of the MVP is very nice for some of us who prefer "box mod". They just seem to fit the hand comfortably, easy thumb button control, size of a pack of smokes or smaller, familiar size and shape...:2cool:

We can leave the women's bedroom pleasers to the rest of you....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Are you sure you meant to phrase it quite like that?

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
When you look at a mod overall you take into account not only functionality but build quality, reliability, customer service, etc. Some mods have a well built fanbase around them and I'm not one to say they don't deserve it. Do people overrate them? Maybe. We all like to talk about our favorite mods like they are the end of all mods. I had a Provari and sold it, but it was definitely not because of anything wrong with it. I got into mechanicals, and decided to stay there. I roll REOs bottom feeders, and recently my high kicking Nemesis that I wouldn't trade for any other mech or hybrid, whose voltage drop is excellent specially for the range of ohms I like to vape at. I like to use a variety of juice feeding devices so decided to stay away from hybrids, if anything I'd mod my device contacts for lower voltage drop should I ever want to tinker with it.

To each one of us, our favorite mod is the best of them all. When we get into a fight about which one is better, we all know what the thread will turn into.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Dang! I'm late to the party! Which one of these can I say I like best without being full of bs?

c6bs.jpg

I am not sure I know all the code of conduct that Provari owners the ProVarinati, the anti-Provarians, or any of the other subgroups are supposed to follow. I used to think we were individuals that had their own likes and dislikes.

I think I am supposed to be looking down my nose at myself since I have been testing another auto cigalike most of the day. I am trying to figure out how to look down my own nose at myself. You should also be ashamed of that wooden box. Everything in there is not Provari related. Here is looking down my nose at you.

I realize now that I have not gone into the various sections of the forum and looked down my nose at all of them. I will need to correct that after I learn how to look down my nose at myself.

When I was spending time trying to look at all the specs on cigalikes I wonder if some of the non-Provari owners were looking down their nose at me. Enough people told me to get something bigger.

I wonder if I should have asked them if they own a Provari and if they didn't the rules were they could not be look down at me since it is Provari owners that do the looking down of their noses at people.

Last edited:

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
So how did this innocent post explaining how one members father imposed his subjective opinion of thinking the MVP 2 was cooler than a ProVari turn into a which one vapes better contest?

Now, I'm going WAY out on a limb here, but if the old man thinks it's cooler, who are we to argue with his opinion? Who are we to objectify a subjective opinion?

Full disclaimer - I own a ProVari... But I still have GREAT admiration for both the MVP series and the Innoken VV series devices. I think they give you phenomenal bang for the buck! In fact, it's probably the only Chinese mod I would consider buying. They have limitations, just like the ProVari does (the ProVari can't vape at as high a wattage as some might believe, it's a fairly low cap, to be honest) but if you can live within the limitations, I can't see anything wrong with them. I bought the ProVari more based on sheer ruggedness. I work on big steel ships, and need something that can hold up to some serious abuse.

And lastly... Is every ProVari user really just bat-poo crazy? I'd invite you all to come over to the ProVari subforum and read for yourself over the last month how many people have purchased a ProVari with some cloud of doubt over their head only to write up a glowing review and nearly universally make the same paraphrased statement "It really does taste different, you guys really aren't crazy after all!"

Now, after all that is said... The OP's father is gonna take that MVP 2, and he is gonna love it! He's never gonna get on these forums and see our petty bickering over silly stuff! He's just gonna have a great vape... And I think that the OP's story is pretty cool :D

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
My cat snores loud!!!

Consider this... 98% of vapers are probably all using disposable or convenience store cig-a-likes from Blu or whatever the store carries and eGo batteries...

Our little community here at ECF is but a small fraction of a fraction of the vaping community as a whole

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I am not sure I know all the code of conduct that Provari owners the ProVarinati, the anti-Provarians, or any of the other subgroups are supposed to follow. I used to think we were individuals that had their own likes and dislikes.

I think I am supposed to be looking down my nose at myself since I have been testing another auto cigalike most of the day. I am trying to figure out how to look down my own nose at myself. You should also be ashamed of that wooden box. Everything in there is not Provari related. Here is looking down my nose at you.

I realize now that I have not gone into the various sections of the forum and looked down my nose at all of them. I will need to correct that after I learn how to look down my nose at myself.

When I was spending time trying to look at all the specs on cigalikes I wonder if some of the non-Provari owners were looking down their nose at me. Enough people told me to get something bigger.

I wonder if I should have asked them if they own a Provari and if they didn't the rules were they could not be look down at me since it is Provari owners that do the looking down of their noses at people.

I'm vaping something other than a ProVari. Will you still be online friends with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread