My 1ST BATCH Magnum LR510 atty JUST died

Status
Not open for further replies.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
I was one of the initial few lucky people to get on the LR atty bandwagon back when Drew at Nhaler was the only one stocking them. I just checked my account at Nhaler.com and I ordered ONE LR510atty(they were called LR Magnum atty's back then) on 3/25/10(almost 5 months ago - I ordered a few more a week or so later after I decided if I liked the way they functioned; and I DID). I have had it attached to my SB for ALL that time running, almost exclusively, on an 18650 Trustfire 2400 mAh battery(usually kept above 3.6 V).

FINALLY, yesterday it died. Funny thing is, it didn't pop or fry. It functioned for 5 months at almost dead on 1.5-1.6ohm(I checked fairly often via multi-meter) with very sporadic(bi-weekly or less) cleaning with warm water and a quick air dry. Two days ago I started to notice the vapor decreasing a bit; then last evening, much more rapidly until nada. I thought it may be the switch on my SB at first, but when I checked they atty the resistance it read at 80.4 ohms(no amount of care-i.e alcohol soaks, air blows, hot water, cola, peroxide etc.. could bring it back). So it died the opposite way from popping.

My point is, for all the "bad press"' these LR atty's have gotten, my experience has been fantastic. As long as you keep them consistently wet and don't get obsessive about cleaning them, they appear to last, at least by my experience, a tremendously long time. I think this atty deserves a proper wake and burial.

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
I got them cause of all the 'good press' I read and was told about them :)
I just started using them this past week (one from nhaler and one from litecig).. Both sorry to say perform, well nada.. They get hot so fast that I have to let go of mod button before I can get any vapor out of them!! I'm not impressed so far but, I think i'll have fiance check them with his multi-meter like you mentioned to see what is up with them... I though perhaps maybe I just got some bad ones, although find that a bit unlikely since I ordered one from two different places lol...guess could just be me in the end or the box mod I'm using, who knows.. your post does make me want not to give up on them though :)

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
I got them cause of all the 'good press' I read and was told about them :)
I just started using them this past week (one from nhaler and one from litecig).. Both sorry to say perform, well nada.. They get hot so fast that I have to let go of mod button before I can get any vapor out of them!! I'm not impressed so far but, I think i'll have fiance check them with his multi-meter like you mentioned to see what is up with them... I though perhaps maybe I just got some bad ones, although find that a bit unlikely since I ordered one from two different places lol...guess could just be me in the end or the box mod I'm using, who knows.. your post does make me want not to give up on them though :)

Keep them wet!!!! They do tend to run hotter then standard atty's.

I use the cart mod called the "spring mod" which almost guarantees that(unless you just toatlly forget to refill) the atty bridge will be kept very wet. Like I said previously, it worked for me for almost 5 months.

The resistance reading on the multi-meter should be anywhere from 1.4-1.6 ohms with the postive lead placed on the atty connectors center hole and the negative lead pressed against the threads. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread