Status
Not open for further replies.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Not sure what I did, but I think I killed my 357. It was working like a champ for more than three straight weeks of use. I had only cleaned it once in that time. Today I had to change the battery in my Reo Grand so i thought it a good idea to take off the 357 and give it a small blow out at the same time. I balled up the corner of a paper towel and lightly put it in the open end of the atty then blew through the threaded end. I got some juice on the towel, but nothing out of the ordinary. I put everything back together and added two drops of juice to the atty and got a big nothing. At first I thought my battery was dead so I switched it out and still nothing. Verified all of my batteries were charged, and tried other attys and they all worked. Did a resistance check on the 357 and got nothing. It's was dead in the water. Gave it a prolonged vodka bath, then the standard start up procedure but she's not coming back to life. For the life of me I cannot think of what I did that made it go bye bye, and I guess these things happen, i was just hoping this one would last a little longer cause it's custom built and all. I never heard a pop or anything to indicate that it had blown, just working great, then not at all.

If anyone has any thoughts about bringing her back i would love to hear them.

Pega

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Budapest
Not sure what I did, but I think I killed my 357. It was working like a champ for more than three straight weeks of use. I had only cleaned it once in that time. Today I had to change the battery in my Reo Grand so i thought it a good idea to take off the 357 and give it a small blow out at the same time. I balled up the corner of a paper towel and lightly put it in the open end of the atty then blew through the threaded end. I got some juice on the towel, but nothing out of the ordinary. I put everything back together and added two drops of juice to the atty and got a big nothing. At first I thought my battery was dead so I switched it out and still nothing. Verified all of my batteries were charged, and tried other attys and they all worked. Did a resistance check on the 357 and got nothing. It's was dead in the water. Gave it a prolonged vodka bath, then the standard start up procedure but she's not coming back to life. For the life of me I cannot think of what I did that made it go bye bye, and I guess these things happen, i was just hoping this one would last a little longer cause it's custom built and all. I never heard a pop or anything to indicate that it had blown, just working great, then not at all.

If anyone has any thoughts about bringing her back i would love to hear them.

Hmm, you may try contacting Hanna and sending the atty to him, 3 weeks seems like a short time...

I tend to clean my HHs more oftem (at least every 3 days), so that could be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread