My 510 seems harsh and liquid all tastes the same, what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2010
Reno, NV
I actually started of with a Red Dragon Mini that I just returned because the batteries both failed before my 30 days and it seemed like a really expensive way to go once I realized how fast I went through cartomizers.

Anyway, I just got my new Joye 510 and from Cignot (which I came across on this site and has absolutely EXCELLENT customer service!) and I'm much MUCH happier with it, but it seems really harsh. I'm assuming one mistake I made was buying 24mg liquid, but the carts I got from Red Dragon were 18 and got virtually no throat hit unless brand spankin new, and even then it was weak and just on the first one or two hits, so I thought I needed higher nicotine.

The other thing that might be affecting everything is that they accidently forgot to send me cartridges with it, so I took Vicki's (from Cignot) advise (she sent me a video) and filled the empty things that came on the atomizer's with poly fill and have been dripping them. I have tried a few different flavors and they honestly all taste the same and are all super duper harsh. I LOVE vaping and I'm getting frustrated because I liked the taste I got from the Red Dragon cigs, but otherwise was entirely unhappy with them, and now with my 510 I'm overall very happy because I'm sure this problem can be fixed, but unhappy with the taste and the harshness.

I'm sure that cleaning my atomizer, but I don't have any denatured alcohol to do it with and don't know where to get it either.

Can someone please help me? Any e-liquid advise?

At this point I HATE HATE HATE ANALOG CIGS and have to make this work because I love vaping when it's not too harsh and everything works right, and with the exception of my two small (fixable I'm sure) problems, my 510 is great.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Blitzer

Jul 2, 2010
Germany
Harshness probably means your nicotine strength is too high in your juice- try diluting it with some zero nic juice. Check out the doubler juices at Tasty Vapor to get quality zero nic juice. Could be your juice is just factory crap juice- again check the juices at Tasty Vapor. Soaking my atomizers in Vodka seems to clean them pretty well. Hope this helps!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
The 510 runs a bit hotter - that's why you're enjoying more vapor but with more vapor and more heat the throat hit is also more, and the nic absorption may be more as well. But more heat can reduce some flavors (it also enhances others). Usually the fruit flavors don't do as well on a 510 atty as the tobacco, coffee, etc. stronger flavors but those strong flavors do well under heat. And....chances are, you could now vape 18mg (or even lower) and still get your nic fix with a less harsher throat hit.

If you have a lot of 24mg ejuice, then get some 12mg of the same flavor and mix it 50/50. If you didn't get a lot, don't throw it out, but get some 18 mg and see how that goes. If you think you need more, just drip a few drops of the 24mg on a refill when the urge is greater for nic. The idea is to 'vape low and top of high' when needed. That way you don't build up a tolerance for the high mg stuff.

For the lighter flavors with the 510 you might try the higher ohm (less heat) cartomizer here:

Blank 510 Mega Cartomizers

This is a perfect way to enjoy the fruit and berry flavors on a 510.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
The stuff that comes with the kits can be harsh - and the nic strength can be harsh too lol - cignot used to do a capuccino pre-filled with the kits which was DEVINE but they dont have that any more :(
IIRC the juice in the prefilled is also PG only - they do much better juices on their site (BASIC brand juices) but the marlb the kit comes with is a little rough lol.
I'm not sure Id advise you to clean a brand new atty until you get a better juice to try it with - an make sure youve blown out all the factory primer. It wont hurt you but it doesn't taste good. After youve blown it out put a couple of drops of juice directly on the atty bridge (you can squeeze a couple drops out of an 'empty' cart filler - they never really empty all the way).
510 atty bridges (the sticky up part you see inside - do NOT pull anything out of this, any fibers you see are supposed to be there) like to be kept nice n moist. A dry atty is a harsh tasting atty and not long after that a dead atty :)
Welcome to ECF and best of luck!

audio

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Nebraska
510 atty bridges (the sticky up part you see inside - do NOT pull anything out of this, any fibers you see are supposed to be there) like to be kept nice n moist. A dry atty is a harsh tasting atty and not long after that a dead atty :)

I think this is the key. When my eGo tastes harsh, it's time to refill the cart and drop a couple of drops of liquid on the atty bridge.

A moist atty is a happy atty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread