12mg HARSH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reloader1

Nov 2, 2012
Santee, Ca.
Hey guys - I'm new here, Thanks in advance for your advice!

I went from 6mg to 12 mg on my juice because 6mg wasn't enough to get me off the smokes, but holy crap it's HARSH! Is this always the case with 12mg? - Seems used to do 24mg without a problem back in the day. This is also high VG so I wouldn't get a harsh throat hit, but maybe it's just the juice?

Thanks!

Reactions: stols001

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi @Reloader1

No, i.m.o. - it is not always the case. Either the liquid (ingredients) or a change (rise) in power or a different atomizer.

I was vaping 3mg last night (54w) and loaded up my day-time atomizer with 12mg this morning and have it on 14w. Now, if I tried 12mg at 54w then I would expect epic harshness.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You might try 9 mg, give you more satisfaction and eliminate the harshness? With that said I'd agree on nic salts, they are very smooth, almost no throat hit, and that's why I got them for DIY (though you can buy premade also) you might find 12 much easier with nic salts, I would definitely recommend trying them...

Anna

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
Are you using the same set up that you were back in the day? What's you using now?
wanted to second this, if you are running a subohm setup with 12 nic, its gonna shred ya.
if you are running a tootlepuffer then i would look at wattage and airflow, as they will primarily determine the throat hit you feel.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey guys - I'm new here, Thanks in advance for your advice!
I went from 6mg to 12 mg on my juice because 6mg wasn't enough to get me off the smokes, but holy crap it's HARSH! Is this always the case with 12mg? - Seems used to do 24mg without a problem back in the day. This is also high VG so I wouldn't get a harsh throat hit, but maybe it's just the juice?
Thanks!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Harshness can be caused by a number of reasons. Just adjust as suggested below in turn and you may find the culprit.
Might like to read:
http://diyordievaping.com/2016/02/26/why-is-my-ejuice-harsh-beginner-diy-ejuice-tips/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/wattage-vs-flavor.7252/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...educe-that-peppery-harsh-nicotine-taste.6955/

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yeah I guess.. I want a big fan of the sub ohm stuff...too much liquid and smoke being used. I preferred the ones that were smoother and tighter. and used a higher MG. so you get a better hit..
There are mtl RTAs. @stols001 is the mistress of those. She may have some suggestions

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know about that, but I only MTL and I have tried a bunch of tanks. I can recommend some if you prefer that style of vaping (you can hang on to any large mods you have, as you can use them at lower wattages, and get great battery life).

The Nautilus 2 is a good drop in coil MTL tank, I quit using that tank has coils that are 1.8, 1.6 and 0.7. It's not the best tank for flavor, but it's not bad. I use those coils in the Kabuki tank which is not inexpensive and is bigger, 3 ml instead of 2 ml, and much easier to fill and deal with. You might try a clone first, Fasttech sells them, and if you like the design, go for the original. The clone is decent, not as flavorful and easy to vape as the original, but it's a decent tank. I am partial to the Nicolas Vapefly tank as well it's a "sub0hm MTL" tank and has a 1.8 coil and a 0.6 coil,, a bit more airy but great flavor and the vape does indeed pool in your mouth. .It's inexpensive and the coils get great life, especially the 0.6 coils. I also have tanks that use the ECU universal coil from Vaperesso and I LOVE the 1.0 resistance coil, though I haven't tried the others yet.

If you want an RTA I really like the Siren V2 and the Vandy Vape Berserker tanks, they are both large tanks with easy decks to build on (single coil decks) and I enjoy the Hussar Coppervape clone (you'd want the one with the MTL airflow reducer and the single coil deck, and I've vaped a few Kayfun clones, but not an original, I'm not the biggest fan but they're alright.... Perhaps the originals are better, but I haven't purchased one due to the expense.

I run most of my tanks between 14--7 watts, and use around 15% nicotine....

Hope this helps,

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread