Status
Not open for further replies.

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
Hi,

I have this love - hate relationship with my Kangertech AeroTank Mega.

When it's calm, it produces some nice vapor and flavor. But then every now and then it goes into it's evil twin brother mode and spits at me.

It's not making any noises, so I don't hear it gurgling etc but I can feel very fine droplets of the liquid hitting my tongue when I'm vaping. The vast majority of the time there is no spitting going on that I can notice, but then every now and then it will and I'll have to go and rinse my mouth out to get rid of the flavor of the liquid even though it's like very very VERY fine droplets that it spits out and I don't know... It's hard to explain, but I can feel it and it's usually no more than maybe 2 or 3 droplets that it spits out.

It seems that when it does this, if I go and empty out the tank, do another washing of everything, then dry everything and then it's fine for (could be anywhere from a couple of draws on it to 30 minutes or more) before it starts spitting at me again. But it also seems to stop doing it on it's own too. For example just 10 minutes ago it spit at me for a couple of draws on the tank, then I put it aside for 10 minutes and just tried it again, and this time it was pure vapor with no liquid spitting at me at all. I'm sure later on today it will start spitting again without changing any settings on my mvp2

Is this a sign of a bad coil? Or is it a sign that I'm not using enough voltage with the coil, or too much voltage with the coil, etc? I'm using the stock coil that comes with the AeroTank mega and my MVP2 I generally keep between 4.2 and 4.6 for this eliquid.
If it's not a bad coil, then how can I either eliminate it doing this or greatly minimize it doing this at all?

If this was happening with all of my tanks, then I'd just assume that it's a part of vaping, but it doesn't happen at all on my Nautilus, or any of the protanks that I have laying around over here, not on really.. any of the tanks that I use other than the Aerotank mega.

Thanks

Last edited:

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
The Mega comes with a 2.0 ohm coil, so I assume that's what's in yours too. I have found that I get about the nicest vape on my Mega feeding it 9.5 watts.

To get 9.5 watts from a 2.0 ohm coil, you need to set the voltage to 4.4 (and that's what you are using now)

I would try a new coil and see how that works for you.

EDIT: Does your MVP show the resistance of your Mega coil is in fact 2.0 ohms ?

You know ... That snapping and sizzling sound just tells you the coil is working good. Of course, if it's spitting hot juice on your tongue, that is a little too much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread