My AGA-T2 fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBX4

Nov 28, 2013
England
Hi i'm new here but i've been an avid reader for a while. I thought i'd say hello and share a few details of how I fixed my AGA-T2 hot spot issues with my SS mesh wick.

Some people have problems with a hot leg from the positive centre post, and I saw a video on youtube of a guy who added a washer to help bridge the gap - which gave me an idea. I broke apart an old broadband router and found a component that looks like this:
Component.jpg
It's actually part of the power cord connector, the female socket inside which is soldered to the printed circuit board. I desoldered it and added it to my centre post, then folded it in half to form a grip for the kanthal wire.
Top.jpg

So I ended up with an adjustable add on to my positive centre post, I can move it towards the wick as close as possible and wrap the wire around it instead of wiring straight from the wick to the post. This has totally solved my problems so I thought i'd share it. The trick is to keep the gap as small as possible so this homemade adjuster does the trick nicely.

I love stainless steel mesh wicks, I just don't like Ekowool at all it hurts my throat, and i'm not convinced it doesn't have hidden ingredients besides silica, because with normal silica or mesh I don't suffer throat pain at all.

Side.jpg

Anyway, hope other AGA-T2 users are sticking with it, I think its a great rba but its my first, so i'm bound to love it and soldier on. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread