My (basic) hw, suggestion & basic help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaydOnVap

Jul 14, 2014
Quebec, Canada
So far I love this place! Amazing people and many topics are covered, it's amazing.
So, I'm quite noob to this please tell me if I'm too vague, I'll try to explain better

I have a topbox mini (white -_-). I got the 0.66 ohm coil (the screen said it was 0.66) and I vape at 24-28 Watts.
I love the finish and the weight of it, it feels robust and the tank have a good look.
My boyfriend just bought the SUBOX Mini and he never smoke, but he likes the taste of the redbull in my ejuice hehehe.

My issues:

I cannot take puffs longer than ~4 sec before I start earing a burning sound. I'm using a 85/15 VG/PG store-made liquid. I think its because that I'm using a 85/15 VG/PG ejuice and the cotton dried. And the battery doesnt last long... I'm thinking about buying the KBOX 120/200 (In black!) to have two batteries :D

Hardware suggestions.
- Would you have bought something different?
- Do you know what tank is compatible/suggested with this (I would like to have 2 or 3 tanks to have different liquids) I might want to try different tanks than the one included, or for 40 CAD$ I wouldn't get anything better than that one...

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
kangers okay, I'm not a fan, have a toptank with a broken RBA and IMO their stock coils don't produce good flavor.

Check out Uwell Crown, nice flavor, nice vapor. Herakles Plus is on par with the crown in terms of flavor and vapor but mine leaks.

Mod wise I'd probably get something different, as mentioned I'm a bit biased towards Kanger.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
A burning sound? maybe you are just hearing the gurgling and crackling of the juice heating on the coil. Make sure you are priming the coil before using with a drop on each juice hole and a couple of drops inside on the cotton. Then fill the tank and let it sit 5-10 minutes before you take a few primer puffs (airflow closed, device turned off) I would start around 15 to 20 watts and gradually increase the wattage until you find your sweet spot. At those ohms I am thinking 25 to 35 watts would be good. If you are getting a burnt taste... that means your cotton in the coil is burnt and you need to start over with a new coil.
You will certainly get more battery life from a 2 battery device. For affordability you may want to look at the Cuboid or the Smok R200 both are small dual battery devices around $40 US
I got my brother the Cubis tank with his Cuboid and he loves it with the .5 ohm coil at around 25 -30 watts, plus it does not leak and a 5 pack of coils for under $10 US

Last edited:

JaydOnVap

Jul 14, 2014
Quebec, Canada
kangers okay, I'm not a fan, have a toptank with a broken RBA and IMO their stock coils don't produce good flavor.

Check out Uwell Crown, nice flavor, nice vapor. Herakles Plus is on par with the crown in terms of flavor and vapor but mine leaks.

Mod wise I'd probably get something different, as mentioned I'm a bit biased towards Kanger.
Thanks!! Would I be able to use those on my topbox? (I'm always afraid something is going to explode....)

Your problem is definitely the vg, most tanks can't handle over 70/30 and I've heard bad things about the kbox from reviews. If you are looking for more battery life the sigeli 150 would be great especially if you like a choice in color, or the eleaf istick 100tc for slightly more life (as it is parallel not series like all mods now)

I didn't find any "bad" reviews about the KBOX 120/200 but if you could point me to some of them I'll be glad to read them, I love reviews. I'm still thinking about this mod and just switching tanks after I read rice721 reply.
In series you double the voltage, but wouldn't I get some sort of mah savings? :( (Since msot of the mods are in series I wouldn't see the point for me, I hate it when it's over 40w (@0.66Ohm I love it around 25w right now - kanger tank/coil though).

For my own ejuice, I'll use something like 70/30 as you suggested... I should notice much difference for my throat anyway at that point.

MahaTree42

Apr 4, 2016
Thanks!! Would I be able to use those on my topbox? (I'm always afraid something is going to explode....)

I didn't find any "bad" reviews about the KBOX 120/200 but if you could point me to some of them I'll be glad to read them, I love reviews. I'm still thinking about this mod and just switching tanks after I read rice721 reply.
In series you double the voltage, but wouldn't I get some sort of mah savings? :( (Since msot of the mods are in series I wouldn't see the point for me, I hate it when it's over 40w (@0.66Ohm I love it around 25w right now - kanger tank/coil though).

For my own ejuice, I'll use something like 70/30 as you suggested... I should notice much difference for my throat anyway at that point.
nothing should explode in regulated mod unless your batteries are severely damaged and i dont read reviews i watch them and GrimmGreen's review proved that the temp control is ridiculously inacurate and it has a huge .8 second delay on firing(on top of being kangertech therefore of very poor quality in the first place) and for not going below .5 ohms you wont get any mah savings if you arent going over 4.2 volts due to the 10-20% loss from the chipset.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai

As mentioned regulated mods are relatively safer than mech mods. Any kind of mod with a screen SHOULD have a chip and thus is a regulated mod. The mod/chip will shut down or produce some error message before letting the battery overload, vent, and eventually explode, so you should be safe. But again with any type of electronics using high drain lithium battery always be on the safe side. Charge via seperate charger, don't push it to its extreme limits over an extended period of time (most mod prevents you from firing over 10-12secs), etc.

TBH all these new tanks and mods coming out are plug and play (minus building your own coils for some or installing and priming prebuilt coils for others). So yes the crown, herakles plus, or any other type of clearo with prebuilt coils will work with your mod. HOWEVER, now this is subjective, since everyone vapes differently, the power required to get the flavor, heat, and vapor you want varies.

I assume your mod fires up to at least 120W since you said its a KBOX 120/200 (I don't have experience with it). But if it does then you can pretty much use any prebuilt sub ohm coils on the market IMHO. I mostly sub ohm, I've built coils to 0.3, used 0.25 prebuilts and I've never felt the need to get past 75W...you could be different but IMHO 120 is more than enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread