My best idea ever !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The problem is that only one gets it and everyone is in competition to be the one. That, and the fact that someone has to "hold" to kitty would be an issue.

Google Ponsi and see how that comes out. It sounds a little like what you are talking about, except that in a Ponzi scheme, receipts are used to pay the early participants. Eventually, there's not enough money to go around.

I know yours is like a jackpot that only one gets, but somehow it doesn't sound appealing. The odds of being last are not very good, especially if some of the participants are twenty-somethings.

Last edited:

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
But get this... The fact that there is uncertainty on who will be the one, and the fact many may as likely be, and the fact nobody really knows and such is really what makes this into an interesting and fun thing... The very spirit of the idea is this...

After all, the fun this may turn into is worth the dollar...

Just think about it...

You may think the fact I get to keep the stuff into the meantime may be what's pushing me, heee... Well, yep, then, of course there's also that... BUT I would take extra care of the stuff and just look after them for their rightful owner. Promise !!! Vapers' Word on that.

=)

PS: I think it is the philosophy behind your signature what's troubling you, Dave ;)

Huuuuuuaaaaahhhh !!!

Last edited:

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
Your idea is based on a survival scheme outlined in the books called The Tontine, by Thomas B. Costain. Worked out well in the book (interesting read), but you would have to have a bank holding the money with a list of all participants. One participant could not hold the jackpot. Also, all participants in the book were born within a certain time period of each other, so you would have to have multiple accounts to be fair.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Groan. Also not cool. Particularly since it doesn't say "Just Kidding" or something at the end (good thing there is no pay-pal link...just e-mail). IDK if it's illegal in Buenos Aires... but definitely frowned upon in the USA....

Sorry revolver. No sense of humor this a.m. :(

Oh, and if you do pull it off... I get the interest. (OK, a little humor)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread