The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My chihuahua

Discussion in 'Pet Lovers' started by jjrose, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jjrose

jjrose Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2010
    Mississippi
    My chihuahua has degenerative myelopathy. I have been told that he will be totally unable to use his back legs in anywhere from 1 months to a year, and there is no cure.
    I just noticed that he wasn't walking right a few weeks ago, and the vet said that it was hip displaysia. A second opinion and a cheek swab has confirmed it is degenerative myeopathy. From my understanding this is the canine version of MS. It has now progressed to the point that some days he can't walk on the tile at all, and drags his back legs. Some days he's just a little wobbily.

We are hoping that we can still have some more time with him. We need good thoughts.

2. Leppard Lilly

Leppard Lilly Full Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    My thoughts and prayers are with your lil furry baby. I know how that tears you up as pet owner. I am sure you will find much love and support from all of us here.

Sending lots of good thoughts, energy, and prayers.

3. jjrose

jjrose Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2010
    Mississippi
    Thank you Lilly. I'm just happy it causes no pain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.