The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Yikes Diablo caught a bird today...

Discussion in 'Pet Lovers' started by glowgirl, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. glowgirl

glowgirl Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2010
    A, A
    So this morning we hear some terrible screeching coming from the deck and we race out there to find Diablo, with a beautiful Flicker in his paws. My son grabbed the evil cat and I wrapped the poor bird in a towel. We took the bird to the wildlife refuge and they said he was going to be ok. Once he has healed up and grown back a few important feathers they want us to release him back into the neighborhood. We even get to visit him at the sanctuary which is very nice.

So guess what Diablo has to wear from now on? Birdsbesafe Cat Collars protect birds from cats

Oh he is not going to like it.......

2. vapour Dwarf

vapour Dwarf Full Member

Jul 2, 2010
    u.k.
    Ha cats are always finding mischief, i don't own a cat but we have several coming into our garden which is nice most of the time but they always keep me busy chasing them off when i see them stalking the frogs. I'm glad Diablo is going to wear one of those bird protecting collars but i bet he will find other ways of getting into trouble.:facepalm:

3. glowgirl

glowgirl Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2010
    A, A
    Oh I am sure he will! We already had to fence in the yard so he couldn't get at the neighbors dogs and cats anymore. He's restricted to the back yard and deck so now he's going after birds. Sigh.....

4. MadmanMacguyver

MadmanMacguyver Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2011
    Dallas Texas
    I had a weim that wouldn't point much but she would play dead and catch birds unawares...she caught quite a few before we realized it was her and not our cat...whom was mad because of me putting pieces of red bandanna all over his collar...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.