My coil is popping unusually loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

evan93

Jan 13, 2016
I have a uwell crown tank and use .5 ohm coils. and most of the time, it works great. but it seems like whenever i try a liquid that is high in vg, it pops really loud. it's not the normal small popping noises you usually hear, it'll be one huge pop. it's also usually after i've not vaped for 10+ minutes. if i hit it again within say a minute it won't pop.
it seems to happen mostly with high vg liquids, and not the 50/50s. although honestly it's pretty inconsistent altogether.
i'm at a loss though. what am i doing wrong? or what could be the problem?

Reactions: GlorynWyo

CanadiVape

Feb 10, 2016
It's normal. I'm not too sure what causes it, I'm assuming when the liquid cools down it thickens, then the sudden burst of heat creates some sort of pocket of air and vapor that pops. My nautilus was really really bad for that. Usually I would avoid inhaling it by firing it up, letting it pop then blow out the smoke and inhale. Smaller coils seem to do it more than larger ones.

But it would get really bad. First thing in the morning I would "pop" my coil out and it would snap so loud I thought it would break. Inhaling that in would probably be near fatal haha

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
why hasn't it always done this though? and why does it vary based on the liquid? could it all have to do with the mod?

I couldn't tell you. Mine has always popped since day one. However I have only used one kind of juice in it. I love red hot cinnamon and don't vape anything else.

You can ask about it in this thread and see what other Crown users say.

Uwell Crown

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
why hasn't it always done this though? and why does it vary based on the liquid? could it all have to do with the mod?

Why is it an issue for you?

Popping varies due to a few factors, but if my atty dosn't snap, crackle and pop after a dry burn and rewick I figure I've done something wrong. Love that sound. And the vape :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread