Status
Not open for further replies.

therussellv

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Winters, Texas
I started about two years ago with a 7s cigalike, it was ok, but not good enough. The cartomizers were too expensive and they were increasingly hard to find. The wife and I decided I should try the liquid style thing, so we walked into a b&m. One slick salesman later we had spent way too much on a crappy ego setup. Not long after I got 2 more (and much better made) egos and a couple of evod tanks.
A month ago I took the plunge and got an mpv2, loved it, now im rocking my evods on that at home and the egos at work.
Now I am looking into diy juice and rebuilding coils. I am also saving up for a hypertank. I think an sid or vamo may be next, who knows!
Havent had an analog since I got my first ego.
Thats my journey so far, tell me yours.

Last stinkie Oct. 15, 2013

Rosco P. Coltrane

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2013
USA
Congrats on the progress.

My story is similar. Cigalike to ego...I too over payed at the local B&M, thankfully they were genuine Kanger so the quality was decent. From there went to a nemi clone and a bunch of cheap rebuildables to learn the process without breaking the bank. Took a bit to make cotton wicks work and now I can't use anything else. Started chasing the "perfect vape".

Today I am using a ProvariMini and a Kayfun Lite plus, (Wife was good to me this Christmas!), with a chimney micro coil and cotton. My only problem now is while I want to try other devices, this setup is as good as I can imagine. Not sure how it could be better. May have to try some Drippers next.

Vape on!

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
My first experience vaping was with the NJOY disposables. I just bought one here and there for when I couldn't smoke or just out of curiosity. Fast forward a long time later and I was talking to a friend of mine who was smoke free for like 8 months because of vaping. I decided I wanted to try it and bought an ego-c mega twist compact kit from totally wicked. The day that kit arrived (Oct 12 2013) was the day I smoked my last cigarette. I used that ego-c setup for quite a while because it was all I knew. I though it was normal to spend $30 for 5 atomizers and such. Well one day I was getting really fed up with it and decided to check out the new vapor lounge in town and ended up buying an evod. I was BLOWN away by the vapor production and everything. From there I progressed to an ismoka bcc mega, then an MVP2 with iclear30, then a t3s, then an iclear30s, vision victory 5ml bcc, an itaste vv v3. Here I am today vaping my iclear30s on top of the v3. I keep the ego-c setup in my coat pocket for a back up just in case.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
I'm ashamed to say that I started vaping due to money rather than health, but there you have it,,,,

I started with an Njoy,,,,,,,,,,lasted a couple weeks with that before I couldn't stand the carts or the constant charging any more,,,

moved up to Volt cigalikes,,,,,,,,,,those lasted several months,,,,,,,then I moved to Volt X2s,,,,,lasted several more months before I wanted 510 connections due to all the stuff out there that is 510,,,,

moved up to spinners,,,,,,,,,

those lasted 3 or 4 months before I got myself an MVP,,,,,,,

now I'm in the market for a Provari,,,,,,,,

about a year ago, I started lowering my nic and making my own juice,,,,,,,I am now completely nic free and make all my own juices.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I think overpaying at a B&M for your first setup is a vaper right of passage. :p

:pervy: this is how i started...

first time equipment owner. just ordered...

vivi nova 510 threaded
kanger pro tank
extra coil heads
igo-l
vamo v3
(4) sony 18650 @ 2100mah ea.
nitecore charger
silica wick
nichrome wire
10 pack 10 mil refiller bottles

mount baker;
caramel candy
cinamon roll
strawberry shortcake
moo juice
freckled lemonade
spurberry
... all in varying pg/vg blends from 18mg/ml to 36... some with "extra shots" where suggested by reviewers

finally taking the plunge correctly (i hope). i'm excited! can't wait for massive vapes. :vapor:

though, instead of the sony batts, i wound up with some pannasonic ncr-pd's.

started off with this post...

top-o-matic and top-o-matic T2 with custom kydex hoppers and catch/funnel tray

i can stuff a carton in less than an hour and go through one in less than 3 days

packs cost me a buck a piece (~$10/carton)

i'm interested in this whole e-cig phenomena now that i know there's better equipment.

but i'm clueless.

which presents a problem since i doubt a starter kit is going to cut it for me. i'm going to need something with serious delivery and throat hit that i'm not going to have to fill, clean and charge constantly. hopefully something that isn't going to drip everywhere and isn't going to cost an arm and a leg.

since i'm new, i'm thinking variable voltage is going to be a good idea, too. that way i can find what works for me despite myself and my noobness.

anybody that cares to make suggestions on combos/parts that would make a great kit for me would be greatly appreciated. i'm okay with a little work and figuring things out here and there, just don't know the products, compatibility, etc. and don't have experience besides taking a drag from a friends puny little e-cig and knowing that wasn't going to cut it for me.

anybody who got through all that - thank you very much.

then i got this reply which really set it all off...

I'd go with a Vamo with 4 18650 batties, a Nitecore i4 charger, a Kanger Protank atomizer and a Vivi Nova atomizer Then I start ordering 24mg to 36mg liquids samplers in a variety of flavors. At 2 to 4 packs a day, it will be the liquid and not the hardware that will be your challenge.

i really do owe HauntedMyst a huge thank you for that post.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
My mother got me my starter kit while she was staying with my grandmother in SC. My grandmother was dying of lung cancer which spread to her brain. iVape.net's brick and mortar location was nearby, and the hospice nurse who helped with my grandmother took her there to find starter sets for all the smokers in the family. The hospice nurse vaped, and while my mother was going to go for a cigalike, she steamed my mother to a much better set up for $15.

She got me a generic, 650 mAh, variable volt, ego style, battery that came in a blister pack with a plastic, bottoms coil, clearo that took Evod coils. It was good enough to get me off cigarettes. I was a pack to a pack and a half a day smoker. Although it was only 650 mAh, it was also a passthrough (press fire button five times fast to change voltage, not a winder type), so I was able to use it as my only device for around a week and a half before I settled on an upgrade. I was so impressed with it, I got my husband, mother in law, and sister the same sets.

I upgraded to an iTaste VV V3 and a Mini Protank II. Hubby loved that upgrade and upgraded himself to it by essentially stealing it from me, so I upgraded a week later to an MVP 2 with an iClear 30. The taste from the iClear 30 was so much better that I started buying up every dual coil clearo I saw. Then, someone here mentioned carto tanks, so I went and bought 3 from IBTanked. I think I'm done buying for a while save for coils, cartos, and juice!

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Started a little over a year ago with SmartSmoke, due to their advertising with a radio show I loved. It was an 808 M2 battery with an M2 tank. It worked pretty well, until the leaking started. And SmartSmoke is horribly over-priced.

I found my way here and grabbed a Volt X2. Again, it was alright. Got some cash for Christmas so I grabbed a bunch of different kits. The Echo quickly became my favorite and I realized that I want an automatic for my needs. Then I decided I wanted a cig-alike. Grabbed some more crappy kits and experimented with some different setups while I dripped on my Echo.

My eRoll came in last week. I haven't put it down once. So we'll see how it decides to hold up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread