My Experiment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
accordeur said:
Hi Doc, I just tried it with no result. The atomizer does not even warm up. Sure, please post a picture to see if I have done it right. Thanks again!!!!

If your atomiser does not even warmed up with suction and a full battery means it has shorted out..means it is dead...the surgery won't work...it(the surgery) only meant for poor performance devices....sorry bro :| ..wish I could do more...

I will post pics later .

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
RatInDaHat said:
so, doc...

From all of your research so far do you recommend dripping exclusively?

-Dusty-
Hi Bro Dusty...Long time no see..... :p

Not all my patients like to use drip smoking..I recommended a mix of the two...drip when you are not driving or on a machinery and drip when your hands are free or for a more intense feel...Usually recommended drip smoking in the morning for the first ciggie feel and some after a meal(that's when a creature's habit and psychological need for nicotine is at it's highest)

quirky

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2008
This needle project reminds me of the needle assembly used in technical ink pens. Rotring is one such brand.
The needle itself is like a tinly plunger / piston. There is a solid inner core and an outer ring. The needle feeds directly into a closed cartridge or reservoir. When the tip of the pen is depressed the piston action feeds new ink in between the core and the outer ring.

This method would be awesome for gradually feeding the liquid onto the atomizer. With some modification to the mouth piece - the mouth piece could press down on the cartridge, which would in turn, make the "needle" press down on the atomizer releasing just a drop or two directly on to the element.

I will see if I can work up a sketch of what I am talking about.

quirky

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2008
I have attached a sketch of what I am talking about. It is more high tech than the current cartridges but it could be made to be refillable. Notice that as you press on the mouth piece, the pin in the cartridge will press on the atomizer and force the little plate up. This allows some liquid to get between the pin and the surounding tube. The liquid is distributed directly onto the atomizer. The sides of the cartridge are slightly sloped so that when you press the pin and the plate moves up, there is a larger gap between the sides of the closure plate and the cartridge wall. The closure plate is needed to keep the liquid from free flowing.
[attachment=0:2vxyqzt8]Modified.jpg[/attachment:2vxyqzt8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread