My first coils build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Poss

Jun 16, 2018
Anniston,Alabama
After my first 48 hours here I received more open arm welcomes than I ever have anywhere n my life and thank u all from the bottom of my heart. I’m here with y’all for life lol. Ok so I watched tons of videos and reviewed all the wonderful advice from u all several times over and decided to go with 9 wraps with my 24A1/32A1 Clapton wire and the result is a dual coil setup that runs at .45 ohms. I started priming it at 70 Watts and when I reached 150 Watts I realized I would never actually vape that high anyways so I finally set it to 105 Watts. 2 hours I spent to carefully prime the cotton and I got absolutely no burnt hits. My first build is better tasting than any prebuilt I’ve had n my life to date. I just wanted to share my first experience with the people that made it possible for me. I love u all already and thank u for helping achieve my goal of safe and successful coil builds ❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Congratulations! I'm waiting on my wire cutters so I'm using pre-made coils in single builds or pre-installed coils but I'm practicing wicking them. I'm getting pretty good at wicking.
By the time I make my own coils you'll be able to give me tips.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
One day I will do it....maybe....:yawn:
200w.gif

Jonathan Poss

Jun 16, 2018
Anniston,Alabama
Congratulations! I'm waiting on my wire cutters so I'm using pre-made coils in single builds or pre-installed coils but I'm practicing wicking them. I'm getting pretty good at wicking.
I’ll b more than happy to assist you any way I can. The hardest part is fine tuning them once u have them screwed to the deck. As of now I still haven’t gotten any burnt cotton taste at all so I must’ve done something right or used all the beginners luck that I have lol. I’m still just amazed at how much better the taste is even for .45 ohms. I’m using an IPV XANIDE mod with a Fireluke Freemax tank. My best friend bought this mod for me and the only thing I don’t like bout it is the location of all the buttons are so easy to accidentally hit when ur vaping lol. But I love the fact it has flavor settings. I am running it at 85 Watts and have the flavor setting maxed and it’s like tasting heaven lol. It has soft,standard,powerful and powerful+ on the flavor settings. Somehow it can heat up quicker and quicker the when u go from soft to powerful +. This mod is something I recommend personally to u if u get money to buy a mod. It only costs $55-$60 depending on where u get it but with the amount of settings u can tweak it’s great for any tank

Reactions: stols001

Jonathan Poss

Jun 16, 2018
Anniston,Alabama
Oh and my wicking kinda sucks lol. I may do good this time then too little the next and have juice leaks then I may get paranoid and put more n than I need and get a good ol hard burnt cotton hit bout every 4-5 hits lol. I’m bad about trying to get more forced into the coils than I should cause as poor as my .... is I don’t waste a drop of juice lol. I have actually been putting juice into a big 500ml bottle I have when I get down to my last 15-20ml of whatever I been vaping lol. Right now it’s completely full to the top with a combination of French Dude French Toast and several different types of Banana Cream Pie , Milk and Honey,Banana Fosters and last but not least Banana Cheesecake my buddy made me. I’m hoping since I loved all the flavors that I’ll like what they make. I’ll call it.............my Mutt juice lol

Jonathan Poss

Jun 16, 2018
Anniston,Alabama
I'm really glad you've had such a successful result. Im new to building myself but have to agree with you, the taste is just so much better!
I knew it was gonna taste a little better cause everyone has told me that but the fact this was my first try and I got more flavor than I ever imagined it would b from some cheap ol 24A1/32A1 Clapton wire I got offline has just inspired me to learn other types of metal on future wraps. If this tastes this good I can’t even imagine what a higher grade wire will taste like lol. I couldn’t have done it without all u fine folks supporting me. What kind of equipment do u use if u don’t mind me asking? I’m using an IPV XANIDE mod with a Fireluke Freemax Rebuildable deck with Samsung 25R 2500mah high drain batteries

Jonathan Poss

Jun 16, 2018
Anniston,Alabama
I'm really glad you've had such a successful result. Im new to building myself but have to agree with you, the taste is just so much better!
The craziest part is, I never imagined the flavor would get this much better. I knew it would b better but dear god this shocked me with my cheap Kanthal Clapton wire lol. I’m super pumped even more now to learn to wrap other types of metal coils now lol. I can’t c the flavor getting any better than it is now but I didn’t c it being this good before either. I can taste the Banana Fosters in complete detail now like it’s actually n my mouth..........so heavenly

• Winner

Jonathan Poss

Jun 16, 2018
Anniston,Alabama
Grats! Well done!

Anna
I can’t get over the difference in flavor. I knew there’d b some difference but I didn’t expect nothing like this. I can’t wait to learn using other metal wire types. Thank you very very much for helping make this experience possible for me. I wouldn’t even have tried building without the pointers and motivation u gave me. If I can ever do ANYTHING I promise if u ask and I can then I will

Jonathan Poss

Jun 16, 2018
Anniston,Alabama
I took pics when I finished wrapping the coils so I could zoom n and count the wraps and make sure I was right lol
Ok I apologize the pic didn’t save I was using the magnifying glass on my phone and snap shot it but I guess it didn’t save when I closed the magnifier. I am slap disgusted cause I made a beautiful 9 wrap Clapton coil. When I unscrew the top to put more juice n I’ll pull top completely and take a pic

Jonathan Poss

Jun 16, 2018
Anniston,Alabama
well done on your first coils, now the hobby side of vaping kicks in!!!
Thank you very very much❣️❣️❣️ It’s funny u say that cause after being blown away by an unexpected flavor change I got, I’m bout to explode thinking bout what the higher grade wire would do to the flavor. 24 hours later I’m still amazed every single hit I take. Especially knowing that I made it myself and in a lot less time and effort than I thought I would......I guess that’s just the Noob in me lol

Jonathan Poss

Jun 16, 2018
Anniston,Alabama
welcome to the winding fold.
easiest thing once one gets into it.
enjoyment gained. money saved. all...good.
been doing it for 10 months and am still learning
0M3hTeS.jpg
Thank you very very much❣️❣️Everything u said is so freakin true. I been so scared to try it especially since I’ve been trying to learn ohms law for well over a year lol. I bought a 25ft spool of Clapton 24A1/32A1 wire for less than $3 and enough of that organic Japanese cotton I’m having a hard time remembering the name of lol. Koh den or something like that lol and got a ton of the cotton for $2 and lastly a Coil Masters jig for $10 for an amazing total of $15 I’ve made a pair of coils that have no equal based on just what I’ve tried and I still have enough materials to probably replace coils every week if I wanted for the next 2 years lol. I’ve told everyone today already and I’ll say it again, the flavor boost from ur own proper or close to proper, self made coils is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than a person would ever imagine ❣️❣️❣️❣️

Jonathan Poss

Jun 16, 2018
Anniston,Alabama
I have 150% faith that u can do it !!!!!! Once u just say to hell with it and u do it, u r gonna b amazed at just how easy it was the whole time and wonder why haven’t already been doing this lol. The improvement in the flavor is literally so huge that I’m still shocked after 200 puffs lol. I’m here if u have any questions my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread