My first e-cig just arrived in the post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ructions

Jul 1, 2013
Dublin
Hi everyone! :) My first e-cig arrived about an hour ago. I got a eGo K with clearomisers and lcd display. I got tobacco flavoured e-juice with strong nicotine. (I'm already wishing that I got a nice flavour)

I am a 41 year old female and I have smoked 20 cigarettes a day for the last 26 years.

I've just had my first vap and I have a few questions if anyone could please help?

Q1. What is the lcd display for? What do the numbers stand for? What do they mean?

Q2. Do I inhale the vapor? (I've been coughing a bit. It will be difficult if I have to learn to stop inhaling. )

Q3. Ummm..... I've already forgot what questions to ask, but I'll start with those two.

Thank-you! :)

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
The display allows you to change the settings, and turn the device on and off. You Kgo is variable voltage, so you can adjust the setting to match your atomizer resistance. First, turn device on, on the atomizer, check resistance, start by adding 2.0 to resistance to get to starting voltage setting on Kgo. Adjust up or down (+/-) to suit vape taste, flavor, vapor, etc. Example, on a 2.4 Ohm resistance coil/head, start with voltage at 4.4, and then adjust to suit taste, etc.

On the inhale, take into mouth and nasal passages. Slowly inhale, but not a full inhale like some used to smoke analogs. You'll quickly discover what works best for you...and, it's a personal technique thing, no right or wrong way. The nicotine is absorbed primarily in the mouth and nasal passages, not the lungs, as in smoking. Be patient. Experiment. Learn, read, watch YouTube videos, post more questions, welcome, good luck and vape on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53osmsTNLJQ

Last edited:

Hill

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Texas USA
Hey Ructions congratulations on your eGo K. On to your questions, I am by no means an expert, but I might be able to help.
Q1- Although I'm not familiar with your particular model the LCD usually displays such things as power remaining on battery, power used while vaping, resistance in Ohms of your coil etc. If you look on youtube I'm sure you will find a video to give you detailed instructions.

Q2-Yes you can inhale the vapor the coughing you are experiencing could be two-fold one from quitting the cigs and also your lungs are used to smoke, vapor particles are much larger on the molecular level but your lungs should adjust over the next day or two.

Q3- Ummm lol

Last edited:

Ructions

Jul 1, 2013
Dublin
Thank you for your reply! :)

I'm still a bit confused about the lcd display. There is no +/- button on my e-cig. The only button is the one I hold down to vap. It doesn't twist or anything either. The display shows that the battery is full, it also shows numbers, its showing "36" then "37" now. The number seems to change, although I can't see what it says when I'm vaping?

Hill

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Texas USA
Thanx everyone for the advice. :) I'll check out you tube now.

I believe what your describing is a puff counter (some PVs have those too). You should be able to change the display to what you want it to show unfortunately I can't tell you how because I've never actually owned an eGo K but there should be numerous videos on youtube that could help you out.

Last edited:

Ructions

Jul 1, 2013
Dublin
Yep, I think you could be right Hill. It is displaying "47" now, so it does look like its counting every time I take a vap.

There is a funny taste from the vap. Because I've never smoked an e-cig before I have nothing to compare it to. The only way that I can describe the taste is that it tastes like "new metal/plastic." I'm wondering will the "new" taste go away after a while? Or is that just the taste of the tobacco flavour that I bought?

Loads of people on this forum seem to advise against tobacco flavour e-liquid and they are totally right. I wish I'd ordered a flavour. Something like Cola (yum!) or watermelon or something like that. I'm gonna order a few flavours now. :)

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
It's funny how I smoked the same thing for years and years, but now that I am vaping... I love the flavors. Mt Baker Vapors has some good inexpensive juice if you want pre-mixed. Read about the juice. I learned the hard way. Watch a Vivi Nova crack right before my very eyes from using a green apple juice. The forum is a great place for advice and support. There is a lot to learn but it's funny vaping along the way. Good luck to you and welcome to the forum.

Calivapr123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
USA
Ructions, can you give us a link to the exact kit that you got, as well as a name for the type of liquid?

In a brand new kit, it's very important that you initially take a few dry drags (not pressing the battery button) on the clearomizer, with the liquid inside so as to properly soak the wicks before you start vaping. It's possible to burn the wicks if that happens and the vapor will never taste right if that happens (it will always taste burned).

Also, the type of liquid can be a crucial factor in the taste. Often, some liquids, especially tobacco, are not steeped enough when you receive them and can taste terrible, but after a week or the taste completely and totally transforms into a far more satisfying experience.

About the coughing: it's quite common in the beginning as our bodies get used to something totally new. As smokers we have developed a tremendous tolerance for the cigarette smoke, but not for Vaping. It takes a few days to a coupe of weeks to be completely used to it.

Let us know what you got!

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Thank you for your reply! :)

I'm still a bit confused about the lcd display. There is no +/- button on my e-cig. The only button is the one I hold down to vap. It doesn't twist or anything either. The display shows that the battery is full, it also shows numbers, its showing "36" then "37" now. The number seems to change, although I can't see what it says when I'm vaping?

Ok, I know what you have now, and missed it when you posted thinking you had a Kgo. The Ego K that you have is not variable voltage and hits at 4.2 volts and will stop working when batt drops to 3.0 volts. Display must be a puff counter, but I don't see them on many Ego-K's I just checked, so perhaps some sort of clone battery. Please provide the link to where you got the battery so we can provide any information that you may have any questions about. Thanks for sharing.

Ructions

Jul 1, 2013
Dublin
Hi Calivapr123, :) My laptop is getting repaired, so I'm using a tablet at the moment. I can't figure out for the life of me how to share links on this yoke. Oh, I want my laptop back!!!

The site I bought from is called "electronic cigarette Ireland e-shop." The site leads shoppers to believe that the e-cigs are made by "Ovale" but it doesn't say Ovale on my e-cig or on the box.

What I ordered was a eGo K with clearomisers. The e-liquid looks like good quality. Its called "Dekang." It came in a little box, the Dekang name is on the bottle and on the box.

My e-cig cost €43 and the liquid cost €2.65 per bottle. Its starting to taste a bit better now. I imagine it would taste nicer in a different flavour. I will post a link to what I bought when I get my laptop back.

Calivapr123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
USA
Dekang is the largest seller of eLiquids in the world. Their biggest seller among former smokers is the "RY4" - I had received Dekang RY4 from a friend several weeks ago, and initially I did not like the taste, it tasted quite raw actually, but I left the bottle alone for a few weeks, I suppose that had steeped the liquid well, and when I went back to it, it transformed into an incredibly authentic tobacco vaping experience, without a doubt. Take a closer look at the bottle you got, and it will tell you what flavor of Dekang it is.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Should also be a battery bar in the LCD that will keep you apprised of remaining charge.
I have a similar Silver 650mah in that design. One of my older noob purchases. It is one of the best Ego type I have owned though and puts out excellent power.

Try mouth inhale then into lungs. also shorter slower inhales while you adapt.
With my eVic I have actually seen, some of my inhales are only 2.9 seconds and others reach 8 seconds.:blink:

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello & welcome Ructions :)

I know you are in Ireland rather than the UK, but this list of mainly UK (plus some EU) vendors & discount codes may help you -

http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboar...-vendors-discount-codes?page=1&scrollTo=23191

I;ve not tried the ego K you have bought but IMHO, if you want something better have a look at a Spinner & an evod.

As for e-liquids, I find Dekang to be cheap & cheerful & more than vapeable. But if you are happy to pay more, you will find many vendors on the above list that sell "boutique" specially blended e-liquids. Or you could have a go at mixing your own :) -

Mixology | ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread