My first evercool mod.Complete with VV!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadmanMacguyver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Dallas Texas
Have the circuit put together works need to find a case. It will have to be bigger than others you have seen as I am using nimh batteries to power it. It works great! Other than the TI ptr08100wvd and the batt connector all the parts were from radio shack.

The only problem is the adjustment WILL allow me to go over 6.7v but it screams when I do so I will have to get a meter to add to it so I can keep it under 6v. RS does not have the proper parts w/o me having a bit more exp than I currently have.I just do well at making do with what I have.

What matters to me is it works great and now I can do all that looking around for my "sweet spot" .
Walk-thru to follow when I find a case to put it in TOO EMBARRASSED to post images yet looks like the guy from the red green show put it together...duck tape holds the world together...lol:vapor:

Last edited:

MadmanMacguyver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Dallas Texas
lol I couldn't find a 220 ohm trim pot or variable resistor so there's a 1kohm in there at moment.gonna order one next mo when I get my monthly supplies. once again pulled parts from something else. for now it works and if I am going to change voltage more than a few turns I connect multimeter. It's running off 6NiMH rechargeable AA batteries right now.the pcb I got from RS just isn't the line link board and made it a bit harder so the underside of the circuit looks horrible.Hey if ya don't let the blue smoke out its all good...ROFL No really its going to bug me to death till I make it right but I'll settle for working right now. pulled the pot out of a Radio.

MadmanMacguyver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Dallas Texas
Not fond of li-ion a friend had one blow up on his hip.no casualty but scared me stiff.besides makes plenty of room for circuit mods while I examine the pros and cons of diff regs and such.I am looking to Improve upon the design considerably while keeping it relatively cheap. I have always had this knack for problem solving and as My better half says I am eat drink and sleeping PVs for the last mo. I have thousands of ideas and design changes prob is I so far only have my opinion to gauge my success. Need some Dallas vapers to come along and give me their opinions in person if possible or on phone. I have a hard time with this text thing harder for me to communicate what I am thinking. I type too slowly and my brain is at warp 10...lol:matrix:

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Need some Dallas vapers to come along and give me their opinions in person

Hey M.M.M. I'll be right over to shoot the breeze on PV designs, just mail me the plane tickets and I'll be on the next flight. Oh... I'll bring the beer....:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread