My first VV mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEANHUDD

Feb 10, 2011
cali
This is not the first mod that I have made. I've mad e few 3.7V boxes and a 5v tube mod. This one though is my first VV mod. I'm using the Madvapes VV chip and indicator. It's powered by two 14500 trustfires. Its all in a radio shack 4x2x1 box. I have to say, for something you can put together for about 22bucks this thing is great. I think on my next one I'm gonna use the evercool chip tho. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307948304.027517.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307948325.850545.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307948345.130128.jpg

brewsterfrank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
the madvapes vv kit is awesome. i used it in my vv and have no trouble at all with it. wish i would have used 18650's though. im going to got a bigger box and swap it all out. but if you are wanting to go vv without going broke this is definitely the way to go. mine was getting hot a bit but i moved the chip one its side so the bottom of the regulator could breath and it just get warm now. btw good job sean

SEANHUDD

Feb 10, 2011
cali
cool mod. that is what i was thinking of building. nice job! question.

i didnt see a on/off switch?

what is a evercool chip?

notice the vv getting warm?

nice box, project box from madvapes? i love the voltage indicator.

dino

Thank you. To answer your questions, There isn't an on\off switch. If I want to make sure the atty doesn't fire I just turn the voltage all the way down. An evercool chip is used with variable voltage in place of a regulator, they are more efficient and they don't get warm like regulators. Yes the vv does get a lil warm but I just leave an air gap around the vv regulator so that it can cool off. The box came from radio shack. Thank you again. Yeah I put the indicator in the unit just so that I can always see my voltage.

SEANHUDD

Feb 10, 2011
cali
the madvapes vv kit is awesome. i used it in my vv and have no trouble at all with it. wish i would have used 18650's though. im going to got a bigger box and swap it all out. but if you are wanting to go vv without going broke this is definitely the way to go. mine was getting hot a bit but i moved the chip one its side so the bottom of the regulator could breath and it just get warm now. btw good job sean

Thanks, yeah I agree my next vv is going to be with 18650 batts and the evercool chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread